effectiveness of mantra

எல்லோருக்கும் எனது வணக்கங்கள்

இதோ எனது முதல் பதிவு
    when will be the mantra effective

short and simple answer : Only after proper initiation

சச்சிதானந்தா சிவ அபிநவ நரசிம்ஹா பாரதி சுவாமிகள் இதை பற்றி விளக்கிரிக்கிறார்
    ஒரு முறை ஒரு மனிதர் சுவாமிகளிடம் கேட்டார்
    மனிதர் : என் மந்திரங்களை குரு மூலமாக கற்க வேண்டும்
    சுவாமிகள் : குரு மூலமா கற்றால் மட்டுமே அது சித்திக்கும் இல்லையென்றால் அது வெறும் ஓலி மட்டுமே
    மனிதர்:இதற்க்கு எடுத்துகாட்டு சொல்ல முடியுமா
    சுவாமிகள்:ஒரு கதை கூற தொடங்கினர்
    கதை: ஒரு முறை, ஒரு அரசபையில் ராஜா மந்திரிடம் கேட்டார் உங்களுடைய இந்த பிரம்மா தேஜசின் கரணம் என்ன ?
    அதற்க்கு மந்திரி ராஜா நான் தினமும் தவறாமல் காயத்திரியை உபசிப்பவன். அந்த தேவியின் கருணைதான் இதற்க்கு கரணம் என்று கூறினார்
    உடனே ராஜா எனக்கு அதை போதிக்க வேண்டும் என்று சொன்னார். மந்திரியோ மறுத்து விட்டார்
    ராஜா உடனே தனது அரண்மனையில் உள்ள பண்டிதர்களை கூபிட்டு தனக்கு காயத்திரியை உபதேசிக்கும்மாறு கேட்டார். பண்டிதர்களோ மறுத்துவிட்டனர் .
    உடனே ராஜா தேடி திரிந்து தனது அரண்மனை சமயல் செய்பவர் அந்தணர் என்று தெரிந்தது கொண்டார். அவரிடம் தனது ராஜா தந்திரத்தால் காயத்திரி மந்திரத்தை கட்ட்ருகொண்டர்.
    மறு நாள் மந்திரி இடம் நான் காயத்திரி உபதேசம் பெட்ட்ருவிட்டேன் என்று கோரினார்.
    உடனே மந்திரி அதற்க்கு வாய்பேயில்லை என்றார் . ராஜா சபாயில் அதனை பேருக்கு முன்னால் அந்த மந்திரத்தை சொன்னார். மந்திரியோ இது காயத்திரி மந்திரமே அல்ல என்றார்
    உடனே ராஜா அந்த சமையல் செய்யும் அந்தணர் இடம் சென்று என்னை ஏமாற்றி விட்டாய் என்று அவரை துன்புறுத்தி மறுபடியும் அதை சொல்ல சொன்னார். அந்தனரோ அதே மந்திரத்தை திரும்பவும் சொன்னார்.
    மறு நாள் ராஜா மந்திரிடம் காயத்திரி மந்திரம் இது தான் என்று சொல்லி நீங்கள் கூறியது தவறு என்றார்
    உடனே மந்திரி இவருக்கு இன்னும் விளங்கவில்லை என்று உணர்ந்தார். மந்திரி காவலர்களி பார்த்து ராஜாவின் கன்னத்தில் ஒரு அரை விடும் படி சொன்னார். உடனே ராஜாவுக்கு ஒன்றும் விளங்கவில்லை.மந்திரி திரும்பவும் ராஜாவின் கன்னத்தில் ஒரு அரை விடும் படி சொன்னார். இதை கேட்ட ராஜா மந்திரிக்கு பித்து பிடித்துவிட்டது என்று தவராக புரிந்து கொண்டார். உடனே ராஜா மந்திரியின் கன்னத்தில் ஒரு அரை கொடுக்கும் படி காவலர்களி பார்த்து சொன்னார். சொன்ன மறு கணம் காவலர்கள் மந்திரியின் கன்னத்தில் ஒரு அரை கொடுத்தனர். மந்திரி புன்னகைத்தார். ராஜா இப்போது புரிந்ததா இதே வார்த்தைதான் நான் கூறினேன் எந்த விளைவும் ஏற்படவில்லை,நீங்கள் சொன்னதும் அந்த வார்த்தைக்கு விளைவை பாருங்கள்.

சுவாமிகள்: இப்போது புரிந்ததா, மந்திரங்கள் முறையாக கற்றல் வேண்டும் குருவிடம் இருந்து இல்லையேல் அது வெறும் சப்த ஒலிகள் தான்.
    மனிதர்: சுவாமிகள் என்னை ஆசிர்வதிக்க வேண்டும் என்று விடைபெட்ட்று கொண்டார்
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    the example make me to think that some words can be uttered only by certain people. it does not explain why a guru is necessary.or can we take it as only a guru knows which one to be taught to whom ?
    யாருக்கு எந்த மந்த்ரம் தேவை என்பதை குருதான் அறிவாரோ ?
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Namaskarams to Mamas, Mamis Akkas & Annas of this form. I am Prof. Dr.Rajan Iyer (MD,FF.Hom) I am born and brought up in Gujarat and I dont know to read/ write Tamil/Malayalam.I am doing research on Scope of Ragas and Mantras as Homeopathic Remedies. I joined to make friends and learn more about mantra chanting, Mantra Siddhi and the benefits from experts in the community.
    Hence I request community members to translate this post into English and send it to 1. orgonchi@yahoo.com 2. psiorems-iyer@hotmail.com so that I can interact with the thread -starter and help me to understand mantra chanting better). Hope you will Respond soon. Regards, Prof. Dr.Rajan Iyer

*(I hope mods won't object if I put my e.mail ids in the post.)

*I will be happy if I can get various rare mantras/slokas links from all here (pdf,mp3 videos etc.)

5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by guruvayurappan View Post
    the example make me to think that some words can be uttered only by certain people. it does not explain why a guru is necessary.or can we take it as only a guru knows which one to be taught to whom ?
    யாருக்கு எந்த மந்த்ரம் தேவை என்பதை குருதான் அறிவாரோ ?
    ஆம் நீங்கள் சொல்வது சரி தான். குரு தன சிஷ்யர்களுக்கு எந்த மந்திரம் உபதேசம் செய்யலாம் என்று அறிவர்
    ஒரு நிகழ்வை நான் பகிரிந்து கொள்கிறேன்
    One gentleman was frequently visiting the pratyangira temple in chennai. slowly this gentleman bought some books, cd's and started chanting the moola and mala mantra of this deity. Finally this gentleman has bought a small idol of this deity and started doing pooja. This gentleman has started facing problem slowly because of chanting these mantras improperly. So guru will test the shishya's ability and do the upadesam of the mantra. The mantras should be pronounced with proper akshara suddhi. Then the benefits that the upasaka attains are unimaginable.

Thanks
    C.R.Bala
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it true that Ganapathi homam should be done before sun rise? Many sastrigal says it is not necessary. It is not possible for me to get a sastrigal for doing tharpanam every amavasa and hence I do it from books and I try to pronounce in the same way my sastrigal used to pronounce. I have the opinion that Our pithrus will not mind if there is some mistake here and there and the main purpose of tharpanam is to provide them food and water (ell with water).

I do all the festivals like varalakshmi viratham, pillayar chathurthi etc. by reading from the books. What ever papams I create by wrong chantings of mantras during those festivals, I feel can be wiped of while doing avani avittam and kamokarisha japam. I feel pure mind and interest to celebrate festivals are more important than anything else.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear Sir
    It is not necessary, perhaps as per vedic sruti the pratyaksha god is sun. So from the moment sun rises till the time sun sets we have lots of niyamas and nitya karma anustana to be observed. You can refer vaidyanatha deekshithiyam for reference.
    Let me make some points clear to do a homam the below procedures needs to be followed
    1) utensils with iron should not be used. Permitted are pittalai/the ones made of sand/sliver/thamiram. Even steel utensils needs to be avoided because pitrus will move far away when they see iron utensils. that was the reason. I don't know about plastics boxes to be used or not. In the recent times lots of sastrigal in the vaidika line use plastic utensils since there is nothing told about plastics in smriti.

2) Agnimukham should be performed before starting any homam as per their sutra(apastama/baudhayana) and punyahavachanam kalasa sthapana
    3) Vichinna agni sandana for the grihasta for the one who did not perform nitya aupasana.
    3) Homam (ganapati homam)
    4) Jayadi homam to complete the homam (either as per apastama/baudhayana)

For amavasya tarpana you really don't need sastrigal. Only once you can ask the sastrigal to check whether you are making any akshara pronounciation correct or not. rest you can do it on your own on every amavasya. before that one has to do brahma yagna daily. One suggestion from my side, pls go and meet your sastrigal and read out the amavasya tharpana mantras in front of him and check the akshara pronounciation then try to practice these things in a temple for one week or ten days continously, since you are not suppose to tell these amavasaya pitru tarpana in your house if it is not amavasya. Then once you are fluent then no problems at all.

I often hear this thing from many people that whatever papa we make if we do some japa it will be wiped of. Let's understand one thing clear once a person do the japa he utimately realise his self brahman and he will not do papa further.
    Let's speak scientifically, when a person chants some mantra there will be some vibrations in our nadi. This is literally proved. So when we mispronounce the mantras the ultimate benefits is not obtained.

We are not satyavrata who lead his life in satya and was chanting ai, ai, ai Later ambikai was happy in his bhakti and his satya life she added 'm' to ai finally he started chanting aim aim aim. So we are not satyavrata, that too in kali-yuga it is not possible. let's pray lord uma maheswara, he will direct us to right person.

thanks
    c.r.bala
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hope this is not just a crafty word play. but any sloka is good. nothing is best in what a human does or preaches. if you do something after initiation and properly its great. if you can walk in a park and chant few words its great. its not the best though
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    S,only guru knows which one to b taught to whom.....for that u shud seek a rite guru .....especially a bramagyani guru.....
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    S, only guru can guide us in proper way....if that guru is a brahmagyani
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    S,thr r so many mantras which cures different disease....maine khud try bhi kiya hai n result bhi paya hai.....mantras hv great role in curing our disease.......i hv experienced it myself...n got a positive result too.....
    Last edited by gayathri vishy; 05-09-2012 at 08:51 AM.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast