• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How auspicios should be a upanayana muhurtham/day

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

m.r.moorthi

Respected learned ones,

Today morning (After 7-30 AM),26th April,2012 a Telugu Smartha brahmin family performed with veda pandits (Vadyars) upanayanam for a 8 or 9 year old boy & it was well attended by many brahmin families,both Telugus & Tamils.Vadyars performed all the rituals,starting from yesterday evening.

Tod ay as per Pambu Panchangam,Thursday,Thithi Panchami,Miruga/Thuruvathirai but YOGA IS MARANA YOGA(FULL DAY)

Please clarify whether the day chosen for this Auspicious ceremony can be
considered good with the yoga given?

Regards,
M.R.Moorthi

For marana yoga pariharams are there. 26 th is guru varam Mirugaseersham star. Pariharam for guru bhagvan, dakshinamoorthy and for the star adhidevadai is chandram . Dhaanam of sundal kadalai and raw rice for chandran dhanam must be done .Then they can do upanayanam. They have started on the previous day itself, udhaka santhi, prathisara bandham etc.

Kindly also read in the thread poojas and homas today I have given many informations on upanayanam fixing date.

How the family missed the "Akshaya Trithiyai" (24.12.12), which was only 2 days before. Maybe, there were compulsions. As Shri Gopalan said, they might have performed some 'dosha nivarti'. The 8th house to the "Muhurtha" must have been unoccupied, i.e probably Dhanur Lagna.

For marana yoga pariharams are there. 26 th is guru varam Mirugaseersham star. Pariharam for guru bhagvan, dakshinamoorthy and for the star adhidevadai is chandram . Dhaanam of sundal kadalai and raw rice for chandran dhanam must be done .Then they can do upanayanam. They have started on the previous day itself, udhaka santhi, prathisara bandham etc.

Kindly also read in the thread poojas and homas today I have given many informations on upanayanam fixing date.

Dear Mr.Gopalan,
Very kind of you.Thank you very much.I will read your thread suggested & come back to you,in case I need any clarification.

The curiosity is that the same family an year back performed Grahapprevasam also similarly on a Marana yoga Saturday with all vedic rituals. I was also an invitee.
This kindled some curiosity. I am yet to witness any marriage function in that family.

Kind regards,
M.R.Moorthi

Dear Mr.Gopalan,
Very kind of you.Thank you very much.I will read your thread suggested & come back to you,in case I need any clarification.

The curiosity is that the same family an year back performed Grahapprevasam also similarly on a Marana yoga Saturday with all vedic rituals. I was also an invitee.
This kindled some curiosity. I am yet to witness any marriage function in that family.

Kind regards,
M.R.Moorthi

Dear Mr.Gopalan,

I have gone through the valuable information furnished by you on selection of upanayam day.I am unable to locate any pariharam except the following
copy of your recommendation,in case the chosen day(Either inadvertently or by pressure of circumstances) for Upanayanam does not meet any of the recommended conditions.

"Un matching stars for subha muhurthangal; From the Birth star of one (male or female) 1,3,5,7,10,14,19,22, and 27 stars are not good. From the chandra rasi the 8th rasi 2 1/4 stars are not good. THITHI: chathurthy, shasty, astami;navami; dwadasi and chathurdasi are not good; YOGANGAL; Marana yogam;uthpadha yogam; Prabhalarishta yogam are not good. KARI NAAL AND DHANIYA NAAL should be avoided,"

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back