• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEAR FRIENDS!

"Man is a rational animal."

"Man is a thinking animal."

"Man is a social animal."

Two more sentences of this type

and we will start pondering

and wondering whether

we are human or animals.

We are HUMANS when we think.

We are ANIMALS when we just act.

Let us think and learn to live like the

human beings we were designed to be.

"Practice makes perfect."

We may initially GET LOST in thoughts

since it might be an unexplored territory but

once it is chartered, the process becomes easier.

:welcome: to share freely your views, thoughts,

observations and inferences in this new thread :pray2:

WISHING ALL OF YOU AN

AANANDA NANDANA VARUSHAM

103974_th.gif

Last edited:
DEAR FRIENDS!

"Man is a thinkinganimal."
…….
We are HUMANS when we think.
….
We are ANIMALS when we just act.

Chimpanzees can figure out what humans are thinking, a mental ability not acknowledged except in humans.

In recent years, research has revealed that chimpanzees can hunt with spears, play with improvised dolls and mourn their dead. And that chimps can figure out what others know.

That chimp — it knows what you'rethinking
Wolfgang KöhlerPrimateResearch Center

Last edited:
Darwin's Theory of Evolution can't be disputed!

The naughty chimp must be the in the next lower rung below Man!! :)

Chimpanzees can figure out what humans are thinking, a mental ability not acknowledged except in humans.

In recent years, research has revealed that chimpanzees can hunt with spears, play with improvised dolls and mourn their dead. And that chimps can figure out what others know.

That chimp — it knows what you'rethinking
Wolfgang KöhlerPrimateResearch Center

This thread Points to Ponder is completed now and here but it will be continued in a new thread "Think it over!"

This thread has become very huge and is likely to crash anytime. So instead of waiting till it crashes, I decided to round it off now.

The new thread will replace both these threads:

Points to Ponder and Life is like that!

That means we will do both the pondering and the wondering
(at the human idiosyncrasies) in the same thread.

All of you are most :welcome: to participate and keep the new thread
interesting and informative.

So we will meet in the new thread for the next post :pray2:

# 370. வேலைக்காரி.

வருவதற்குள் சுடச் சுடக் காபி கிடைக்கும். :tea:

"நீங்க வாங்க!" என்று மரியாதை கிடைக்கும்!

வாரத்துக்கு இரண்டு அல்லது மூன்று நாள்

சம்பளத்துடன் கேட்காமலேயே லீவு கிடைக்கும். :dance:

ஒரு சின்ன வேலை செய்தாலும் எக்ஸ்ட்ரா டிப் கிடைக்கும். :popcorn:

வழிமேல் விழி வைத்துக் காத்திருப்பார்கள் வரவுக்கு!

"Anything you do is o.k. with me!" untold fact.

இனியும் என்ன வேண்டும் ஒரு வேலைக்காரிக்கு.

ஒரு வீட்டுக்காரியின் பாட்டை அறியவேண்டுமா?

அப்படியே எல்லாவற்றையும் எதிர்மறை ஆக்குங்கள்!!! :whoo:

# 371. காந்தாரி.

காந்தாரி நல்ல பதிவிரதை தான் ஐயமில்லை.

தன் கணவன் காணாத காட்சிகளைத்

தானும் காண விரும்பாமல்

காலம் எல்லாம் துணியால் கண்களைக்

கட்டிகொண்டு இருந்திருக்கிறாள்.

ஆனால் இன்னொரு கோணத்தில்

சிந்தித்தால் அவள் அறிவாளியும் கூட. :nerd:

"என் கண்களாக இருந்து கொண்டு

நீ காண்பதை எல்லாம் எனக்குச் சொல்லு!"

என்று கணவன் கேட்டிருந்தால் அவள் கதி....???

வாழ்நாள் முழுக்க ரன்னிங் கமெண்டரி

கொடுப்பதிலேயே கழிந்திருக்கும். :blabla:

சஞ்சயன் பாடு தேவலை.

பாரதப் போர் நடந்த பதினெட்டு

நாட்களுக்கு மட்டுமே கமெண்டரி செய்தார்.

இதையே extrapolate செய்தால்....

காது கேட்காதவரின் மனைவி

காதை plug செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்!

அவர் கத்துவதையும் கேட்க வேண்டாம்.

தான் கத்த வேண்டி இருப்பதையும் தான்!

வீட்டில் உள்ள பிற gadgets

அலறுவதையும் கேட்க வேண்டாம். :fear:

மூக்கு, நாக்கு, தொண்டைகளில்

அவ்வளவு பிரச்சனைகள்

வருவதிலையோ பிழைத்தோமோ!
:rolleyes:

ஒரு சிறு இடைவேளை !

இதுவரை நான் சந்தித்த சிந்தையில் நிற்கும்

விந்தை மனிதர்களைப் பதிவு செய்துவிட்டேன்.

இன்னமும் சந்திப்பேன். அது பற்றி எழுதுவேன்.

விட்டு விட்டுத் தொடரும் இத்தொடர் இனிமேல்.
:pray2:

Experience

Nobody will use other person's experience :nono:
nor have any of his own till it is too late to use it. :pout:
Nathaniel Hawthrone.

To most men, experience is like the stern light of the ship,
which illuminates only the track it has passed. :rolleyes:
Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

All experience is an arch to build upon. :thumb:
Henry Adams.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution can't be disputed!

The naughty chimp must be the in the next lower rung below Man!! :)
Darwinian evolution, while logically satisfying, only scratches at the surface of reality. For instance, what is consciousness? Does soul have any meaning? What about reincarnation ? In an article (August 2010) published in the New York Times, titled Remembrances of Lives Past , the author, Lisa Miller, reports about a revival of interest in reincarnation -belief in reincarnation… “allows you to experience history as yours. It gives you a different sense of what it means to be human.”

Dr. Weiss, a reputed psychiatrist with an Ivy League pedigree (Columbia University and Yale Medical School), talks about a rising interest in the West in reincarnation-related matters. Dr. Weiss says: “Doctors are e-mailing me.They’re not so concerned with their reputations and careers. We can talk about this openly. And it’s not just psychiatrists, but surgeons and architects.”

Until recently, reincarnation remained a fringe or even shameful belief. According to data released in 2009 by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, a quarter of Americans now believe in reincarnation.These days, Westerners, especially young adults, “haven’t given up on the idea of spirituality or religion,… they’re tired of the dogma they grew up with.”

Remember that in the west, the human condition — birth,life, and death — has for millennia been relatively straightforward. You were born. You lived. You died. After a judgment you went to heaven (or hell) forever and ever. That was the end: no appeals allowed. On the other hand, for Hindus and Buddhists - You are born. You live. You die. And to work out your karma, your soul is born again – that is reincarnated.

Dr. Tucker, Director of the Child and Family PsychiatryClinic at the University of Virginia, found a young boy who started to say,around the age of 18 months, that he was his own (deceased) grandfather. “He eventually told details of his grandfather’s life that his parents felt certain he could not have learned through normal means,” Dr. Tucker wrote in Explore, a journal of science and healing, “such as the fact that his grandfather’s sister had been murdered and that his grandmother had used a food processor to make milk shakes for his grandfather every day at the end of his life.” Dr. Tucker won’t say such cases add up to proof of reincarnation, but he likes to keep an open mind.

“There can be something that survives after the death of the brain and the death of the body that is somehow connected to a new child,”he said. “I have become convinced that there is more to the world than the physical universe. There’s the mind piece, which is its own entity.”

Last edited:
@Mrs. VR!

Since this thread is titled Think it over, I will use it in a different context. You have created a thread "From Adam to Zeus", and were interested in more names for inclusion in the thread.
But your plan is to post info about them once a month. You take enormous efforts to post extensive and exhaustive information about them. May I offer I a suggestion? You could first post abbreviated biography, which would serve as an appetizer for what would follow subsequently as a full course meal? Think it over !!

So I want everyone to think it over and

YOU want me to do it first!

Sure why Not???:)

I want to post at least once in a month so that the thread will remain alive!

I can post more frequently also - time and Internet permitting.

Today the connection has been so slow that the posting itself has taken more

than 2 hours. The the blogging is yet to be done!

Apparently EVERYONE is sitting in front of a desktop or laptop!

Nice way to start the new year :)

@Mrs. VR!

Since this thread is titled Think it over, I will use it in a different context. You have created a thread "From Adam to Zeus", and were interested in more names for inclusion in the thread.
But your plan is to post info about them once a month. You take enormous efforts to post extensive and exhaustive information about them. May I offer I a suggestion? You could first post abbreviated biography, which would serve as an appetizer for what would follow subsequently as a full course meal? Think it over !!

Many cases or reincarnations have been reported and verified using finer details outsiders may not know.

The child prodigies stun us with their deep knowledge, skill and style.

How can we explain the talent in them which usually takes several decades to develop?

At the same time, day, date, month and year two children are born under the same stars.

One is born in palace and the other in a hut.

If ONLY the stars and planetary positions affect out Jaatakam , they should have identical things happening to them, all the time.

But it never does happen that way.

The beautiful quotes on Eternity suggest that it like a flowing river is the constant thing and man just comes out of it frequently to born and goes back to it.

Many things happening in the world can NEVER be explained - without the help of Karma, Dharma and Reincarnation Theories.

Darwinian evolution, while logically satisfying, only scratches at the surface of reality. For instance, what is consciousness? Does soul have any meaning? What about reincarnation ? In an article (August 2010) published in the New York Times, titled Remembrances of Lives Past , the author, Lisa Miller, reports about a revival of interest in reincarnation -belief in reincarnation… “allows you to experience history as yours. It gives you a different sense of what it means to be human.”

Dr. Weiss, a reputed psychiatrist with an Ivy League pedigree (Columbia University and Yale Medical School), talks about a rising interest in the West in reincarnation-related matters. Dr. Weiss says: “Doctors are e-mailing me.They’re not so concerned with their reputations and careers. We can talk about this openly. And it’s not just psychiatrists, but surgeons and architects.”

Until recently, reincarnation remained a fringe or even shameful belief. According to data released in 2009 by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life, a quarter of Americans now believe in reincarnation.These days, Westerners, especially young adults, “haven’t given up on the idea of spirituality or religion,… they’re tired of the dogma they grew up with.”

Remember that in the west, the human condition — birth,life, and death — has for millennia been relatively straightforward. You were born. You lived. You died. After a judgment you went to heaven (or hell) forever and ever. That was the end: no appeals allowed. On the other hand, for Hindus and Buddhists - You are born. You live. You die. And to work out your karma, your soul is born again – that is reincarnated.

Dr. Tucker, Director of the Child and Family PsychiatryClinic at the University of Virginia, found a young boy who started to say,around the age of 18 months, that he was his own (deceased) grandfather. “He eventually told details of his grandfather’s life that his parents felt certain he could not have learned through normal means,” Dr. Tucker wrote in Explore, a journal of science and healing, “such as the fact that his grandfather’s sister had been murdered and that his grandmother had used a food processor to make milk shakes for his grandfather every day at the end of his life.” Dr. Tucker won’t say such cases add up to proof of reincarnation, but he likes to keep an open mind.

“There can be something that survives after the death of the brain and the death of the body that is somehow connected to a new child,”he said. “I have become convinced that there is more to the world than the physical universe. There’s the mind piece, which is its own entity.”

Man is a multicellular, multiorgan entity.
I feel sometimes the comparisons with animals is unfair cos animals follow their dharma unlike man.
Even sometimes in religious text its non stopped stressed that man must get rid of animal qualities etc..I feel its grossly unfair to run down animals.

I personally feel its insulting to animals to call man an animal.

You are correct dear Renu!

Animals live by their INSTINCTS

and whatever they do, does not incur any sin or paapam.

Man lives by his INTELLIGENCE and knows the right from the wrong.

So when he does something wrong he incurs sin or paapam.

Animals don't spend sleepless nights repenting their actions.

They don't wet their pillows with tears of remorse.

They do not do parihaarams for their actions.

They do not develop complexes (neither of inferiority nor of superiority).

They just live. They NEVER BECOME anything else!

Man is a multicellular, multiorgan entity.
I feel sometimes the comparisons with animals is unfair cos animals follow their dharma unlike man.
Even sometimes in religious text its non stopped stressed that man must get rid of animal qualities etc..I feel its grossly unfair to run down animals.

I personally feel its insulting to animals to call man an animal.

I was reading an article by Osho on past lives remembering and he said its better not to know and he gives an example why:

Osho on Jati Smaran Past Life remembering, Osho on remembering past lives Jati Samaran

Let me tell you of an incident so that what I am saying becomes clear to you. For about two or three years, in respect to meditation, a lady professor stayed in touch with me.

She was very insistent on experimenting with jati-smaran, on learning about her past life. I helped her with the experiment; however, I also advised her that it would be better if she didn't do the experiment until her meditation was fully developed, otherwise it could be dangerous.

As it is, a single life's memories are difficult to bear -- should the memories of the past three or four lives break the barrier and flood in, a person can go mad. That's why nature has planned it so we go on forgetting the past. Nature has given us a greater ability to forget more than you can remember, so that your mind does not have a greater burden than it can carry. A heavy burden can be borne only after the capacity of your mind has increased, and trouble begins when the weight of these memories falls on you before this capacity has been raised. But she remained persistent. She paid no heed to my advice and went into the experiment.

When the flood of her past life's memory finally burst upon her, she came running to me around two o'clock in the morning. She was a real mess; she was in great distress. She said, "Somehow this has got to stop. I don't ever want to look at that side of things." But it is not so easy to stop the tide of memory once it has broken loose. It is very difficult to shut the door once it crashes down -- the door does not simply open, it breaks open. It took about fifteen days -- only then did the wave of memories stop. What was the problem?

This lady used to claim that she was very pious, a woman of impeccable character. When she encountered the memory of her past life, when she was a prostitute, and the scenes of her prostitution began to emerge, her whole being was shaken. Her whole morality of this life was disturbed.

In this sort of revelation, it is not as if the visions belong to someone else -- the same woman who claimed to be chaste now saw herself as a prostitute. It often happens that someone who was a prostitute in a past life becomes deeply virtuous in the next; it is a reaction to the suffering of the past life. It is the memory of the pain and the hurt of the previous life that turns her into a chaste woman.

It often happens that people who were sinners in past lives become saints in this life. Hence there is quite a deep relationship between sinners and saints. Such a reaction often takes place, and the reason is, what we come to know hurts us and so we swing to the opposite extreme.

The pendulum of our minds keeps moving in the opposite direction. No sooner does the pendulum reach the left than it moves back to the right. It barely touches the right when it swings back to the left. When you see the pendulum of a clock moving towards the left, be assured it is gathering energy to move back to the right -- it will go as far to the right as it has gone to the left. Hence, in life it often happens that a virtuous person becomes a sinner, and a sinner becomes virtuous.

This is very common; this sort of oscillation occurs in everyone's life. Do not think, therefore, that it is a general rule that one who has become a holy man in this life must have been a holy man in his past life also. It is not necessarily so. What is necessarily so is the exact reverse of it -- he is laden with the pain of what he went through in his past life and has turned to the opposite.

Last edited:
Many saints we read about had earlier been thieves or womanizers.

Arunagiri Naathar is now worshiped in temples but he repents for his sinful early life in no uncertain terms.

Then the story of a man ( I forgot his name) who dares to swim the flooded river and climbs holding on to the snake hanging from a tree to visit his lover suddenly gains vairaagyam in a flash and becomes a mahaan.

Sin and Saintliness may be the two faces of the same person.

Every saint has a PAST. Every sinner has a FUTURE!

My sincere thanks to Mr. ozone who helped me :pray2:

to decide on the name for this new thread.
I had three titles in mind and was unable to decide. :decision:

Mr. O3 helped to pick out one from those three :)

Last edited:
Wise sayings in the form of Q and A!

1. Who quarrels with his tools?

2. Who can never be bankrupt?

3. What leads to a bad ending?

4. What is better than a good law suit?

Any one is welcome to answer these questions.

The correct answers and the next set of questions

will appear in this thread on the following day.

This just an exercise to activate our gray cells! :)

விஷயங்களைத் திரட்டி அதைத் திரட்டுப்பால்
ஆகச் செய்து கொடுப்பது என் வேலை.
இப்போதோ திரட்டுப் பால் ரூபத்திலே
கிடைத்திருக்கிறது! வாருங்கள் ஜமாய்க்கலாம்.

i. குடும்ப உறவுகள் மேம்பட....

1). ஒரு வேளை உணைவையாவது குடும்பத்தின் உறுப்பினர்கள் அனைவரும் சேர்ந்து உண்ண வேண்டும். புத்தகம் படிப்பது, தொலைக் காட்சி பார்ப்பது ஆகியவற்றைத் தவிர்க்கவும். சேர்ந்து உண்ணும்
குடும்பத்தின் உறுப்பினர்கள் சேர்ந்து வாழ்கின்றனர் என்பது கண்டுபிடிப்பு. எல்லோருடைய சுவைக்கும் சம அளவு முக்கியத்துவம் அளிக்க வேண்டும். அன்புடன் பரிமாறிக் கொள்ளும்போது பரிவும் பாசமும் பெருகும்.

Wise sayings in the form of Q and A!

1. Who quarrels with his tools?
Workman?

2. Who can never be bankrupt?
Income Tax Department?

3. What leads to a bad ending?
Bad path? Timing? Karma?

4. What is better than a good law suit?
Compromise? This just an exercise to activate our gray cells! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back