• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Lakshmi Ashtottara Sathanamavali Stotram

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Prya

This is the final sloka from Lakshmi Ashtottarа stotra . Can anyone translate into English the meaning of these slokas? thank you

Lakshmim shirasamuthrarajadhanayam sriranga dhameswarim
Dasibhodha samastha deva vanitham lokaika deepankuram |
Srimanmantha kadhakshalaptha vibhavath brahmendra gangadharam
Thavam thrilokya kudumpinim sarasijam vanthe mukuntha priyam ||

Matharnamami kamale kamalayathakshi srivishnu hiruthkamalavasini viswamatha: |
Shirothaje kamala khomala karbhagowri Lakshmi: praseetha sathatham namathamsharanye ||

Thirikalam yojpeth vithvan shanmasam vijithenthiriya: |
Dharithriya dhavamsanam krithva sarvamaapnothi yethnatha: ||

Devi nama sahasreshu punyamashtotharam satham |
Yena shriya mavapnothi kodijanma dharithratha: ||

Bhruhuvare satham dhimam padeth vathsaramathrakam |
Ashtaishwarya mavapnothi kubhera ewa bhothale ||

Dharithreyamochanam nama sthrothra mampaparam satham |
yehna sreya mavapnothi tharithra kodijathmasu ||

Bhatha vathu vubhuvan bhoghan anyas sayyujya mavapnuyath |
Pratha kale padeth nithyam sarva dhukghobha santhaye ||
padam suchincheyeth devim sarvabharana bhushitham ||

Hi tbs!
Thank you for your reply! But this is not the stotra which I needed. I would like to find a translation of slokas that follow the listing 108 names of Mother Lakshmi! Initial translation and slokas themselves names I have, I do not transfer the completion of a stotra.

Hi tbs!
Thank you for your reply! But this is not the stotra which I needed. I would like to find a translation of slokas that follow the listing 108 names of Mother Lakshmi! Initial translation and slokas themselves names I have, I do not transfer the completion of a stotra.

Sri:

You may find the sloka and the nAmavali in the foll. links:
http://prapatti.com/slokas/english/lakshmyashtottaram.pdf
http://prapatti.com/slokas/english/lakshmyashtottarashatanaamaavali.pdf

But for the meanings, they don't have one.

Regards.

Hi tbs!

If you visit the Vedanta Spiritual Library, translated version is available.
You will get details for more Slokas/Stotras also.

Balasubramanian

Hi tbs!

I suppose you require translation for the 108 names proper (begining with prakrityai namaH, vikrityai namaH, vidyAyai namaH etc..). If so, here is the link: https://www.trsiyengar.com/id160.shtml

Or do you need the translation for the sloka you have posted? If not, give the starting words of the sloka you need translated. Some chant lakshmi hrudayam at the end of the ashtottara shata nAmAvalli, some lakshmi dvAdasha nAmA, some lakshmi sooktham etc.

Last edited:
:noidea:
Sorry, I translate my questions with an electronic translator, so probably not quite understand the meaning of my questions.

I'm very grateful to everyone for your answers! But I want that sense (meaning) of the concluding shlokas. I pointed them in the first post. Here they are:

Lakshmim shirasamuthrarajadhanayam sriranga dhameswarim
Dasibhodha samastha deva vanitham lokaika deepankuram |
Srimanmantha kadhakshalaptha vibhavath brahmendra gangadharam
Thavam thrilokya kudumpinim sarasijam vanthe mukuntha priyam ||

Matharnamami kamale kamalayathakshi srivishnu hiruthkamalavasini viswamatha: |
Shirothaje kamala khomala karbhagowri Lakshmi: praseetha sathatham namathamsharanye ||

Thirikalam yojpeth vithvan shanmasam vijithenthiriya: |
Dharithriya dhavamsanam krithva sarvamaapnothi yethnatha: ||

Devi nama sahasreshu punyamashtotharam satham |
Yena shriya mavapnothi kodijanma dharithratha: ||

Bhruhuvare satham dhimam padeth vathsaramathrakam |
Ashtaishwarya mavapnothi kubhera ewa bhothale ||

Dharithreyamochanam nama sthrothra mampaparam satham |
yehna sreya mavapnothi tharithra kodijathmasu ||

Bhatha vathu vubhuvan bhoghan anyas sayyujya mavapnuyath |
Pratha kale padeth nithyam sarva dhukghobha santhaye ||
padam suchincheyeth devim sarvabharana bhushitham ||

Own names and even translation of the first shlokas I have.
Отменить изменения

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back