• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

moola nakshatra female rituals or pooja or dosha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Recently i got married(arranged marriage), after marriage (within span of 2 days) there are some conflicts with my parents and bride's parents due to personal egos. We didnot had intercourse for one month, though my parent had setup 3 nights for us. Latter my mom questioned me regarding intercourse, I have said 'NO'. Latter my mother got doubt on my wife nakshatra and spoke with one of my well known Brahmin, As per Brahmin, he said my wife nakshatra is moola , that's the reason for all these conflicts etc. Though before the marriage , My parents asked my wife's Parent regarding girls nakshatra, They told us wrong time and wrong nakshatra of the Girl . After doing internet search, it has been said that Moola nakshatra girls should not be married. I think my wife might belong to 3rd or 4th pada of Moola. Feature of Moola nakshatra are perfectly matching with my Wife Characteristics . Some of them says, it will be problem to father or mother. Some say Girl bring ill will to the house, loosing health and wealth.

So My question is Are there any rituals or dosha Pooja to be perform to mitigate the effect of the girl. I heard that visiting lord sarabeshwara swamy temple near kumbakonam will relieve from all this doshaas.. Are there any other temples to visit apart from Navagrah and sarabeshwara swamy. Please do let me know as early as possible.

-Mahens

Hi,
Recently i got married(arranged marriage), after marriage (within span of 2 days) there are some conflicts with my parents and bride's parents due to personal egos. We didnot had intercourse for one month, though my parent had setup 3 nights for us. Latter my mom questioned me regarding intercourse, I have said 'NO'. Latter my mother got doubt on my wife nakshatra and spoke with one of my well known Brahmin, As per Brahmin, he said my wife nakshatra is moola , that's the reason for all these conflicts etc. Though before the marriage , My parents asked my wife's Parent regarding girls nakshatra, They told us wrong time and wrong nakshatra of the Girl . After doing internet search, it has been said that Moola nakshatra girls should not be married. I think my wife might belong to 3rd or 4th pada of Moola. Feature of Moola nakshatra are perfectly matching with my Wife Characteristics . Some of them says, it will be problem to father or mother. Some say Girl bring ill will to the house, loosing health and wealth.

So My question is Are there any rituals or dosha Pooja to be perform to mitigate the effect of the girl. I heard that visiting lord sarabeshwara swamy temple near kumbakonam will relieve from all this doshaas.. Are there any other temples to visit apart from Navagrah and sarabeshwara swamy. Please do let me know as early as possible.

-Mahens

Shri Mahens sir,

I see you and your parents have been "tricked" into marrying a moola nakshatra girl, somehow. So, to tell you honestly, you and your family will have to suffer the results. There is no escape at all. According to our brahmin belief, "moolatthin maamiyaar moolayilE" meaning, the mother-in-law of the moola nakshatra girl will become a widow and will be confined to a corner of the house.

One of my very good-natured relatives was convinced by some of his friends speaking "modernism" and, because of their arguments, he agreed for the marriage of his son to a Moolanakshatram girl. Within two months he died and the saying came true - his wife was widowed. But because we brahmins are now in a "thrisanku" stage - have left all our old customs and beliefs by "kutharkkams", and not having completely accepted the Saahib's way of European lifestyle completely - the girl has been creating all possible problems for the family. She has, for example, made her husband sell off property worth crores without giving share to his brother and sister. The case (among) between the brothers and sister will now start. The poor widowed mother suffered for long, even lack of food (because the daughter-in-law was so cruel) and died some time back. That is why our old people used to say, "peN moolam nirmoolam".

I think the only way out for you is to become a sanyasi, meet the legal steps if taken by the wife and put all your trust in God.

Dear All,

My reply may not answer the question on hand... but just wanted to clarify a few issues. recently happened to listen to a discourse of a swamigal (panduranga bhaktar). He clarified that there are two misconceptions regarding moola nakshatram:
1) Aan moolam arasalum( a male born in moolam star will rule) - whereas the actual saying is "aani moolam arasalum" (a person borm in moolam star in the month of Aani will rule)
2) Pen moolam nirmoolam( a female born in moolam star will suffer) - wheras actual saying is "Pin moolam nirmoolam"( a person born in later i.e 3rd or 4th paadam of moolam will suffer)

Regards

Shri Mahens sir,

I see you and your parents have been "tricked" into marrying a moola nakshatra girl, somehow. So, to tell you honestly, you and your family will have to suffer the results. There is no escape at all. According to our brahmin belief, "moolatthin maamiyaar moolayilE" meaning, the mother-in-law of the moola nakshatra girl will become a widow and will be confined to a corner of the house.

One of my very good-natured relatives was convinced by some of his friends speaking "modernism" and, because of their arguments, he agreed for the marriage of his son to a Moolanakshatram girl. Within two months he died and the saying came true - his wife was widowed. But because we brahmins are now in a "thrisanku" stage - have left all our old customs and beliefs by "kutharkkams", and not having completely accepted the Saahib's way of European lifestyle completely - the girl has been creating all possible problems for the family. She has, for example, made her husband sell off property worth crores without giving share to his brother and sister. The case (among) between the brothers and sister will now start. The poor widowed mother suffered for long, even lack of food (because the daughter-in-law was so cruel) and died some time back. That is why our old people used to say, "peN moolam nirmoolam".

I think the only way out for you is to become a sanyasi, meet the legal steps if taken by the wife and put all your trust in God.

hello to all ,we all must remember one thing in common ,this is a common stage like ,where we can share ,disscuss ,gain informations .so we have to think twice before we pass on a comment .according to post 1 ,he is willing to get rid of the problem &wants us to guide him right ,so we have to be too very careful on giving suggestions .(we say so many known examples that we come across in life .but we should not confuse him )according to theory of karma ,what we are now is what ,we had done in past karmas .ie life ,health ,relations ,etc .according to astrology ,there are doshas as one time doshas ,so i can suggest you mr.mahens to go and meet a reputed astrologer &seek help ,but before i suggest you can have a frank &open talk with your wife &try to know whats her problems physical ,emotional ,etc .but be true to yourself &do not cheat yourself,its your life ,live it happily .good luck cheers.

hello to all ,we all must remember one thing in common ,this is a common stage like ,where we can share ,disscuss ,gain informations .so we have to think twice before we pass on a comment .according to post 1 ,he is willing to get rid of the problem &wants us to guide him right ,so we have to be too very careful on giving suggestions .(we say so many known examples that we come across in life .but we should not confuse him )according to theory of karma ,what we are now is what ,we had done in past karmas .ie life ,health ,relations ,etc .according to astrology ,there are doshas as one time doshas ,so i can suggest you mr.mahens to go and meet a reputed astrologer &seek help ,but before i suggest you can have a frank &open talk with your wife &try to know whats her problems physical ,emotional ,etc .but be true to yourself &do not cheat yourself,its your life ,live it happily .good luck cheers.

Dear Doctor,

I agree with your views, that our life is determined by our own Karma (actions). There is no good or bad nakshatra in creation. All problems are our own making. With faith in God and devotion to partner we can solve all problems and lead a contented life. I have known many couples with wife born in Moola Nakshatram lead very happy life with all the inlaws.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I am starting to wonder how come there is no Nakshatra for a male that if he marries a woman, his Father In Law or Mother In Law will die?

Becos technically speaking the effects of Nakshtra shouldnt be gender specific?

I wonder???

Dear Sri Mahens Ji,

You said:

Forget about everything regarding horoscopes. You are married now.

So, your dharma is to fulfill your marriage, start loving your wife and then worry about your parents' feelings. Support your wife. Otherwise, the person who is going to be hurt is going to be YOU.

Marriage happened because it is pre ordained. But you can change your karma through your action. So, don't worry about Nakshatra etc., do your primary duty as a married man.

I am saying this as a person who believes in Hindu Astrology!

Regards,
KRS

All nakshathrams are good. My brother in law's daughter was rejected by many boys living in India because of her star: moolam.

She married an NRI, whose parents had no inhibitions about this star. She is blessed with a baby boy and lives happily with

her in-laws. Similarly, my husband's cousin's wife is born in Ayilyam star and she loves her parents-in-law just as her own

parents. Please do not add stigma to any star and spoil the lives of girls.

Dear Mr.Mahens,

One should not consider that a girl just born in Moola Nakshatra 3rd/4th pada would bring troubles in Married life and to the groom's family.

As per vedic astrology girls/boys born in certain padas of certain Nakshatras would be considered effected negatively and would bring troubles to one's family and that of their partners.

Girls born in such Nakshatra in certain padas are considered as Visha Kanya. Visha Kanya simply means a girl who is supposed to bring prosperity and growth of one's own family and that of her partner, will be devoid of such positivity.

Guys born in such nakshatras/padas would bring in problems, down fall, no growth kinda issues to one's own parents/family.

The above are the basic as per Indian Vedic Astrology.

To have the negative impact of being born in specific nakshatras and specific padas, some more parameters should get aligned to have the dosha and its negative impact, fructified.

As far as Moolam Nakshatram is concerned, the dosha would be existing, if the girl is born in the 3rd or 4th pada of the nakshatra along with the following factors -

1) Born on TUESDAY, when the moon is poistioned in the 3rd or 4th pada of Moolam Nakshatram

2) Janma Lagna is hemmed between the two inimical planets

3) The Second, Fifth, Seventh and Ninth house are badly effected with the placement of inimical planets, association, aspects, placement in foe's house etc.

4) Presence of Kalathra Dosham/Chevvai dosham/Sukkran or Guru with Rahu.

Having the above configuration would lead to disturbances, querrels, unexpected & irreversible damage to the native, native's family, married life, spouse and spouse family.

Placement of Jupiter in a powerful situation in a birth chart is enough to mitigate the evel influences of this yoga.

To wardoff the evil effects and bring about the positivity, a shanti homan to Shukran/venus in Kanjanoor, Kumbakonam; to Chevvai/Mars in Vaitheesawarn temple, Mayiladuthurai; to Guru/Jupiter in Aalangudi, Kumbakonam and to Chandran/Moon in Thingaloor, Kumbakonam would help.

Abhishekam/Preethi to Rahu in Thirunaageshwaram koil, Kumbakonam is the must if Rahu/Ketu are the participants in the fomation of this Dosha. Or you can visit Kalahasthi and do Sarpa Poojai. You and your wife can participate together and perform this nivarthi poojai in Kalahasthi, for Rahu and Ketu.

Dear Mr.Mahens,

You are married and you should lead a happy married life with your wife. From you post, I can well understand that, you want to solve the issues and be living happily with our wife. Each one of us are destined to live our life in a specific way and these ways includes a another person in our life as our partner.

Since you have the belief in God, Pariharams, i would suggest you to consult a Kerala astrologer/Panikar for a thorough analysis and get to know the pariharams. There is nothing wrong to do some remedial measures without getting fooled, misleaded and threatened by some. You just need to be careful in identifying the right person being your own judge and using your intuition.

Moreover doing pooja in these temples not gonna harm you any way. Just make sure that you are not convinced to pay some hefty money to have remedial measures performed by some one, for you on your behalf.

Last edited:
Shri Mahens sir,

dear Sarma Ji,

Just try to see this situation imagining if we were the parent of the girl.
Would we advocate the same advise if it was our daughter with the Moola Nakshataram ?

.......... Just make sure that you are not convinced to pay some hefty money to have remedial measures performed by some one, for you on your behalf.
Dear Ravi Sir,

Do you think any one performs 'pariharam's at a nominal rate? The pariharams are to make the poojaris more wealthy, IMHO.

If a person loves his wife, then there is no need for any pariharam!!

Regards...........

I would also like to emphasis the fact that this forum is for knowledge sharing and to gain understanding on most of the hidden and forgotten practices in Hinduism/Brahmin Culture.

There are so many men and women including children are still suffering in our country due to the varied mis beliefs which are spread among us.

I request the moderators to block or report abuse such unwanted questions and improper responses given by one of our members.

I would also like to emphasis the fact that this forum is for knowledge sharing and to gain understanding on most of the hidden and forgotten practices in Hinduism/Brahmin Culture.
There are so many men and women including children are still suffering in our country due to the varied mis beliefs which are spread among us.
I request the moderators to block or report abuse such unwanted questions and improper responses given by one of our members.
Sir,
Which of these would you think are unwanted questions and improper answers?
As a moderator I would find it extremely difficult to make the easy distinction you are able to make.
There could be genuinity in the question, or an equal amount of improper-ness in the same, just like there could
be genuine-ness and equally if not more dosage of exaggeration and ridicule in the answers themselves.
Since you admit the forum is for knowledge sharing, arent these also providing to those that are able to identify it, the awareness?
Are'nt you now aware of other things that you would come across in a forum?
In this age where everything has been given good bye, to expect people to be honest to themselves before they pose a question or jump in to answer is simply impossible. Worst it is impossible to ascertain. Those that care are the ones who should tune in their antennas and calibrate their thoughts to sift the dirt and pick what makes sense.

Dear Ravi Sir,

Do you think any one performs 'pariharam's at a nominal rate? The pariharams are to make the poojaris more wealthy, IMHO.

If a person loves his wife, then there is no need for any pariharam!!

Regards...........

That's why I told Mr.Mahens to not to appoint any one to perform pariharms for yourself, on your behalf and get duped with hefty amount. Rather, consult a genuine astrologer and get to know the most disturbing planet, that is the prime reason of unrest of any sort in the married life and do the simple pariharam in temples itself on his own.

Negative influences due wrong placement aspects etc. of Sukran, Chevvai, 7th Lord, planets in 7th lord, Rahu & Ketu, week Jupiter, week Moon, negatively influenced 2nd, 5th, 7th and 9th houses and their lords and the placement of inimical planets in these house are the causes of unrest in family life, As per Indian Vedic Astrology.

Thus doing some remedial measures to Venus, Mars, Moon, Jupiter, Rahu & Ketu, in the temple itself, by oneself would be the right option.

A genuine and professional astrologer can help identifying and letting know any other specific graha's doshas/negativity as per horo config.

I believe in "LOVE" too, very strongly. But we all know that many are the folks who could madly love the other person but the other person can not have even 1 percent love feelings to reciprocate, accept and go about marrying, doesn't matter how intelligent, educated and good looking, the proposer is

There is certainly something beyond human control that can spark Love between the two and can make them marry each other.

Not just about the LOVE between the opposite sex. A boy or a girl may not feel to be friendly with few of their same gender folks. Either they would not initiate friendship or fail to become friends.

Also note that, a love to survive (both between the lovers and between the couples), both the parties involved should be loving and respecting each other, atleast to some extent. After all Husband is also a Human, Wife is also a Human.

Thus, when things go out of hand, instead of hating the spouse and filing divorce, its far better to have some hopes, belief, trust and do some prayers with devotion. So that, the couple can live happily with love, care and respect towards each other.

-----------------------------------------

The below is for the moderator and web owner...

My previous post and this one is a matter of belief. The Opening Poster seemed to be believing in God/Astrology/Remedies etc. Thus, I shared my views and limited knowledge with the seeker, with the intentions of helping him out.

It is his choice to read all the comments in this forum and take his pick as per his intelligent rational brain.

Neither the seeker nor the responding members are kids here. No one of us here have any bad intentions to spoil any one's life.

Last edited:
People are going after money and true, unconditional love is becoming a rare commodity!

The promises given during 'sapthapathi' are NOT taken seriously by the groom (may be, he does not know the meaning?)

and this is the root cause of all the problems. Does a man need parents' permission to love and support his wife?

People are going after money and true, unconditional love is becoming a rare commodity!

The promises given during 'sapthapathi' are NOT taken seriously by the groom (may be, he does not know the meaning?)

and this is the root cause of all the problems. Does a man need parents' permission to love and support his wife?

Smt. Raji Ram,

A man who need parent's permission to love and support his wife is NOT a man at all. He is better to be single and look for other options to meet his human needs.

Issues can be considered issues only if the couples have serious problems among themselves.

As per astrology, if analysed and interpreted correctly, a marriage between two individuals, without the basic and manadatory matches, would not stand good. Sooner or later it gets terminated, either by seperation followed by hell lots of issues and quarrel or death of the partner.

Since the opening poster loves/likes his wife, he is willing to go for some remedies for the devine interventions. Rather, opting to Divorce his wife (either himself or as per the instructions of his parents). At least, I could get such an impression from his OP.

Guys,
Thank you for all ur replies.. Since some of you are saying that true love should not consider these nakshtra or stars etc , but how can I stop thinking about it. It is reating to death or mishap with my parents. My parents are treating my Wife as their daughter and providing full support.
Why dont someone understand that im truly loving, thats the reason i taking her to those temples and doing poojas..so that ill effects will not take place. how can some one say "im not a man", If his/her position is like me, then he can understand. Anyway, Im thanking this forum has provided good information , definetly i try to reach with different astrologer and check their results.

Thanks ALL,

-Mahens

Guys,
Thank you for all ur replies.. Since some of you are saying that true love should not consider these nakshtra or stars etc , but how can I stop thinking about it. It is reating to death or mishap with my parents. My parents are treating my Wife as their daughter and providing full support.
Why dont someone understand that im truly loving, thats the reason i taking her to those temples and doing poojas..so that ill effects will not take place. how can some one say "im not a man", If his/her position is like me, then he can understand. Anyway, Im thanking this forum has provided good information , definetly i try to reach with different astrologer and check their results.

Thanks ALL,

-Mahens

Dear Mahens,

Best of luck to you.Leave everything to God and pray to Him to guide you to show you the right path for your wife and your parents.

But you know as a person who is older to you..so far experience in life has made me realize that "if you believe something will affect us..it invariably happens but if we dont give it much of a thought..it almost never happens"

I dont know why? But may be when we worry and fear it creates negative vibes and thats pushes away any positive vibes.

Just try your best..and leave the rest to God.

..........but how can I stop thinking about it. It is reating to death or mishap with my parents. My parents are treating my Wife as their daughter and providing full support.........
Nice to learn that your parents treat your wife as their own daughter, Mahens. Please don't ever think that a nakshathram of

a girl will do harm to her in-laws in any way. I have given two examples from my family. May God bless you and your family with

all the best in life.

Dear Srimathi Renuka Ji,

You are absolutely correct.

If folks believe in Rahu Kalam etc., I tell them to observe them, as it looks to me that bad effects seem to come if the rules are not observed.

But then if you don't believe in such things, no problems seem to occur, even if the rules are violated.

Just from my observation over the years.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Mahens,

Best of luck to you.Leave everything to God and pray to Him to guide you to show you the right path for your wife and your parents.

But you know as a person who is older to you..so far experience in life has made me realize that "if you believe something will affect us..it invariably happens but if we dont give it much of a thought..it almost never happens"

I dont know why? But may be when we worry and fear it creates negative vibes and thats pushes away any positive vibes.

Just try your best..and leave the rest to God.

Last edited:
Dear Srimathi Renuka Ji,

You are absolutely correct.

If folks believe in Rahu Kalan etc., I tell them to observe them, as it looks to me that bad effects seem to come if the rules are not observed.

But then if you don't believe in such things, no problems seem to occur, even if the rules are violated.

Just from my observation over the years.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS Ji,

I think sometimes it's all in mind.
Once when I was a teenager I was eating some sauce thinking that it was tomato sauce and it tasted like it too but actually I was not aware that it was chili sauce and only when I looked at the bottle and saw it was actually chili sauce,only then all the hot and spicy taste came to me.

So I guess what the mind does not know..body will never feel.

........So I guess what the mind does not know..body will never feel.
I have heard of another test, Renu.

If a person is blindfolded, made to smell an apple and given a piece of potato to eat, that person will enjoy the taste of an apple!

The mind rules the body. I shall give another example. I was crossing the busy roads easily till one of my well wishers warned
me that persons born in my star have 'kantaka sani' and I should be very careful while going out. And, now I am not that bold! :scared:

Guys,

Thanks ALL,

-Mahens

Dear Friend,

I could understand your predicaments as a loving husband. Please don't get worked up about
these Tamil sayings coined purely for its rhymes. This has been cleared by our Acharyas many times as not true. Further to clear your confusion I give below the wonderful words of assurance on the futility of wrong thinking, given by great Saints.

நாளென் செயும் வினைதான் என் செயும் எனை நாடி வந்த
கோளென் செயும் கொடுங் கூறென் செயும் குமரேசனிரு
தாளும், கடம்பும், தண்டையும், சதங்கையும் என் முன்னே வந்து தோன்றிடுமேல்.
-அருணகிரி நாதர் .

வேயுறு தோளி பங்கன் விடமுணட கண்டன் மிக நல்ல வீணை தடவி -
மாசறு திங் கள் கங்கை முடி மேலமர்ந் து என் உளமே புகு ந்த அதனால்-
ஞா யிறு திங்கள் செவ்வாய் புதன் வியாழன் வெள்ளி சனி பாம்பி ரண்டு முடனே -
ஆசறு நல்ல அவை நல்ல நல்ல -அடியாரவர்க் கு மிகவே
(கோளறு பதிகம்) -திருஞான சம்பந்த பெருமான்.

க்ருஹ பலமேமி ஸ்ரீராமா நீ அனுக்ரஹ பலமே பலமு-

(ராமா.. உன் அனுக் ரஹ பலம் ஒன்றே பலம். அதற்கு முன் க்ரஹங்களின்
பலன்கள் ஒன்றுமில்லை.)
- தியாக ராஜர சுவாமிகள்.

சகல க்ருஹ பல நீனே சரசிஜாக்ஷா - நிகில வ்யாபக நீனே விஸ்வ ரக்ஷகா
ரவி சந்த்ர புத நீனே - ராகு கேதுவு நீனே -
கவி குரு சனியு மங்களனு நீனே
(எல்லா கிரஹங்களின் பலன்களும் நீயே. உன்னை வணங்கினால் போதும் என்று
பாடல் போகும்)
- புரந்தர தாசர்.

If you have faith in "Gruha-pariharams" , please do visit the Temples that you want and pray for the good of all humanity. Prayers have power to clear the mind. As I have mentioned in my previous post in our family we have taken and given girls born in many nakshatras considered "tainted" by Tamil sayings, and I can assure you by the Grace of God they lead happy life with their families. Our lives are predestined by God before our birth, which are molded by our actions (Karma). Let us try to be good humans first and last. Leave the rest to God.

Wishing you all the best,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Ozone,
My comment is don't encourage to specify certain nakshatras are not good or bad. If comments come like this how the specified nakshtras girls will get marry. Take this in a positive manner.

Guys,

Thanks ALL,

-Mahens

Dear Mahens,

Yes, you are right. It's very easy for others to advocate rational thinking & advice against spirituality/astrology related remedies. In fact, in present era only such expressions / advices are considered justful, sensible and something that can show how progressive, smart, practicle and intelligent are they. Not sure if they can follow the same for themself, what may come, if they undergo such tough circumstances.

As long as you don't go out of your mind due nervousness and get cheated in the pretext of remedies, out of your ignorance and panic, it's fine to go ahead with necessary prayers with devotion, if you trust in GOD.

Don't worry Mr.Mahens. Nothing will go wrong with the people who have good intentions. Do your prayers as you could feel whole heartedly and carry on to retain the good human in you.

No nakshtras are bad at all. Its only certain combinations that makes things some way complicated. Such horo configurations can exist for any individual irrespective of the nakshatras they belong to, as per one's destiney.

As long a you believe in God, remedies etc, do it to your heart content, be releived from any mental blocks & the sense of uneasyness, thinking - "I could have done it" and leave the rest in the hands of God.

May God shower his grace upon you, your wife, your wife's famly and that of yours, for ever.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back