• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Details About Visiting Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksowmi

Dear All,

I am located at Chennai and would like to visit the place Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi which is Nerur (near by Karur) . Please let me know the below details.

1) Best time to visit
2) Best place to stay over there.
3) Travel facilities to that place fro Chennai. Please share Train , Bus details.
4) Please share any other critical information like pooja etc we need to do over there.

Cheers
Sowmi

1. Best time to visit: This is not a holiday spot. It is the Jeeva Samadhi of a great saint. I am surprised by the word BEST TIME

2. Nerur is a tiny village and you need to stay in Karur. Karur has a lot of good hotels.

3. You need to go to karur .chennai - mangalore express which starts from chennai egmore..get down at karur railway station. From karur you can take a cab or go by local town bus to nerur. The buses go from Karur central bus stand

4. You can do archanai over there and since Dhanur masam is very near and you can ask them to do the morning pooja

River Kaveri flows very near..its about 1 furlong from there..

Dear All,

I am located at Chennai and would like to visit the place Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi which is Nerur (near by Karur) . Please let me know the below details.

1) Best time to visit
2) Best place to stay over there.
3) Travel facilities to that place fro Chennai. Please share Train , Bus details.
4) Please share any other critical information like pooja etc we need to do over there.

Cheers
Sowmi

Excellent Reply !! Thanks a lot. Few more subsequent questions against each point. If possible please do the needful.

1) First comes First :):):) !!!. I meant best time to know about the special day / functions like Dhanur masam etc. Nothing else. Let us move on.
2) Please suggest a best sorry GOOD :))) hotel to stay with the family.
3) I will check the IRCTC site and knows it further.
4) Do I need to pre book for that ? Kindly share ALL or Major Pooja / Special day details of the place.
5) Finally do you have the contact phone no / address of this place to do the further follow up.I did lot of google search etc but couldn't able to find it.

Thanks Again....
Sincerely
Sowmi

1. For me all days are good and all times are good to visit a temple and that too the jeeva samadhi of a great saint. Thursdays are always special.

2. I just googled and found this: Hotels in Karur,Rooms in Karur,Hotel Hemala,Karur,Restaurants in Karur - Seems to be good..

3. Please check irctc

4. No need of any pre booking. The mama who does pooja there is a telugu brahmin and he knows tamizh also. You can go there and do any pooja or archanai you want

The jeeva samadhi of sri sadasiva brahmendra is in the temple in nerur. the temple is known as sri kasi viswanathar temple...KINDLY DO NOT GO TO THE MUTT there..... the saiva mutt and sadasiva brahmendra have no connection at all..

Dear Sowmi,

Hotel Valluvar is one good hotel at Karur. It is just opposite to Karur Bus Stand and Telephone Number is 04324234411. The temple is in Nerur village and you may have to take a Car or Auto to reach the place. 10 KM distance - may take 30 minutes because of the road conditions. There are also some local buses plying in this route.

In Nerur, you can also visit Shri Angalamman Temple which was recently renovated and Kumba Abhishekam was done some three years back. Incidentally, Shri Angalamman temple is our Kula Deivam. (Are there members in this forum who are having Shri Angalamman as Kula Deivan ?)

By taking night train from Chennai you can reach Karur next day morning. Visiting the above two temples may take 3-4 hours and you can catch evening train back. There are some other places - Than Thondri Malai etc - in and around Karur.

Wish you a happy journey.

There is a temple known as Siruvachur Mathura Kali Amman Temple in Siruvachur near Tiruchy
on the way to Perambalur in National Highways towards Madras. It is a very old temple located
at the foots of the Hill Mathura and it is generally open only on Mondays and Fridays. This temple
is the Kuladeivam of Mahaperiyaval. Sri Adi Shankarar while he was going through this hill,
stopped for want of quenching his thirst and sat underneath a tree. While he was just meditating,
the Goddess appeared before him and disappeared after quenching his thirst. Sri Adi Shankarar
established this temple and also the history of the temple states that Sri Sadasiva Brahmendrar
established the Srichakra in this temple. This temple was constructed by the Chola King Dharma
Varman. He visited the Deity and when he was blessed with a child, he constructed the temple
to the Goddess as a reciprocal one. Some puranas also quote stating that Lord Shiva deputed
Goddess Parvathi to this temple to protect the people of this area from the evil deeds of demon
Charugan, who was troubling everyone in the village. Goddess Parvathi in the form of Mathura Kali
visited this temple and the Deity Chelliamman who was earlier there moved over to the hill after
the evil doer was killed.

Goddess Mathura Kali is a powerful deity and a visit once will attract every one.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear All,

I am going to Nerur from chennai on next Friday night and hence would to do abheshiekam on 17 Dec 2011. So I need the contact details (both the contact person and his mobile no etc) of nerur ashram / temple immediately. Please help me on this asap. Thanks. Sowmi

பகவான் ரமணர் தமிழில் மொழி பெயர்த்த சதாசிவ ப்ரம்மேந்தரின் பாடல் இதோ.

'எல்லா உலகுந் துரும்பா யினமறைக
ளெல்லாமே கைக்கு ளிருந்தாலும் - பொல்லாப்
புகழ்ச்சியாம் வேசிவசம் புக்கா ரடிமை
யகலவிட லம்மா வரிது'.
Even though a man may look on the world as a wisp of straw
and hold all sacred lore in his hand, nevertheless it will be hard
for him to escape from thraldom if he has yielded to that vile
harlot, flattery. [Sadhaka Avasta by Sri Sadasiva Brahmendra.]

Dear Ksowmi,

For visiting Nerur Angallamman temple you may contact Mr Thangavelu - Mobile No 09944025246.

Dear Ksowami

You contact Sri N.S. Narasimhan, Secretary, Nerur Sri Sadashiva Brahmendra Sabha and his mobile No.95439 89593. You may also contact Sri H.Ravi and his mobile no.98423 51430.

Thank You all for your guidance in this regard. With he blessings of our beloved ‘Guru Sadasiva Brahmendral’ we were able to visited his Jeeva Samadhi in Nerur last Saturday (17 Dec 2011). Here is the summary of the same and hope you find this useful.

1) To go to the place 'Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi' Nerur you need to first reach Karur and from there it is about 10 KM. Yu can go to nerur from karur either through Auto or Bus.

2) If you go to Karur by Bus from your place (ex : chennai) then you need to get down at last stop ‘Karur Bus Stop’. If you decide to go by bus then please book the ticket through redBus.in and the service is really excellent.

3) ‘Karur Bus Stand’ looks typical rural bus stand and you will many find normal / decent hotels around it. One of the recommended hotel is ‘Valluvar’. I went by bus because f non availability of train tickets. It is very difficult to get tickets on train on both friday and sunday nights.

4) From ‘Karur bus stand’ we have both Govt. and Private buses going Nerur. Also next / adjacent to ‘Karur bus stand’ you will have ‘MINI bus stand’ and for every 30 mins you will have a bus to Nerur. It costs around Rs 6. I believe all the buses going to Nerur from ‘Karur bus stand’ will stop at ‘Karur Railway Station’ and hence you can catch the buses from railway station itself.

5) Due to time availability we took the auto and it costs Rs 250 to Nerur from ‘Karur Bus stand’. It took around 30 mins to reach the Nerur.

6) Through Sri H.Ravi i got the contact no of ‘Narayanan Upathya’ who is the chief priest for 'Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi’ and fortunately we were able to stay in his house itself. I am not sure whether he is doing it as a practice or not and will allow others in the future. Since at this time no one is there in his house I believe he offered this to us. He made entire arrangements for us which includes food and abeshiekam etc. I requested him to make arrangements for few brahmanals to chant RUDRAMS during abeshiekam in 'Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi’. He arranged for it also. I am very lucky that everything is taken care by him. His contact no is 04324-282439. Cell : 94886 27839 / 94880 58741. Please call him at night around 7.30 PM or during lunch time 1.30 to 2 PM. Preferably on the land line. I am not sure how effectively he is using his mobiles.

7) The village Nerur is a typical indian village and you will NOT find any other items like rooms / autos / other mdecical , normal shops. Hence please bring everything from Karur or else make arrangements from outside. The only other alternative to stay over there is to stay in one of the local resident house in the same Agraharam. There is one gentle man called ‘Dr. Andali V Raghunath’ and he converted his house as a staying place. He is a citizen of US and it seems he will come to Nerur for 'Sadasiva Brahmendral Aaradhana’ during May month and spending only few months over there. It is a typical village big house and he is offering to those who comes to visit the place. It seems it is maintained by a 'Janaki Mami' who resides exact opposite of the guest house. Her contact no is 9791889252. She will offer foods at nominal prices. Other than this i don't think any other services exists over there.

8) Nerur is really a wonderful place and we had a very nice darshan of Guru Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi. We catched the 3.40 PM bus and back to karur on the day. While returning we went to thanthondri malai (It is a Perumal Deity and the place is about 3 KM from Karur. You will find many buses from Karur Bus Stand) and Pasupathinathar Siva temple which is in Karur itself.

9) Since our return train is at 8 PM , Due to time constraint we first went to 'Thanthondri Malai' through bus and from there we took an auto and reaches back to 'Pasupathinathar Temple' for Rs 80. From there again we took another auto and reaches the Karur railway station around 7 PM for Rs 40. Over there itself there is canteen run by a Brahmin and it is a very decent one. We had our dinner over there and boarded the train.

10) Neur is wonderful place and we had a very nice darshan of Guru Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi.
On Namashivaya !!! On Namashivaya !!! On Namashivaya !!!

Dear Ksowmi

I am very much delighted on seeing your postings. As a devotee of Bhagawan Ramana Maharshi I am always interested in getting the anugrahama of Brahmana Gnanis. As your narration give us wonderful experience about visting places like Brahmagnani Sadashiva Brahmendral. Let His grace will be ever with you and leads to attain the state of Bliss.

Thank You all for your guidance in this regard. With he blessings of our beloved ‘Guru Sadasiva Brahmendral’ we were able to visited his Jeeva Samadhi in Nerur last Saturday (17 Dec 2011). Here is the summary of the same and hope you find this useful.

1) To go to the place 'Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi' Nerur you need to first reach Karur and from there it is about 10 KM. Yu can go to nerur from karur either through Auto or Bus.

2) If you go to Karur by Bus from your place (ex : chennai) then you need to get down at last stop ‘Karur Bus Stop’. If you decide to go by bus then please book the ticket through redBus.in and the service is really excellent.

3) ‘Karur Bus Stand’ looks typical rural bus stand and you will many find normal / decent hotels around it. One of the recommended hotel is ‘Valluvar’. I went by bus because f non availability of train tickets. It is very difficult to get tickets on train on both friday and sunday nights.

4) From ‘Karur bus stand’ we have both Govt. and Private buses going Nerur. Also next / adjacent to ‘Karur bus stand’ you will have ‘MINI bus stand’ and for every 30 mins you will have a bus to Nerur. It costs around Rs 6. I believe all the buses going to Nerur from ‘Karur bus stand’ will stop at ‘Karur Railway Station’ and hence you can catch the buses from railway station itself.

5) Due to time availability we took the auto and it costs Rs 250 to Nerur from ‘Karur Bus stand’. It took around 30 mins to reach the Nerur.

6) Through Sri H.Ravi i got the contact no of ‘Narayanan Upathya’ who is the chief priest for 'Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi’ and fortunately we were able to stay in his house itself. I am not sure whether he is doing it as a practice or not and will allow others in the future. Since at this time no one is there in his house I believe he offered this to us. He made entire arrangements for us which includes food and abeshiekam etc. I requested him to make arrangements for few brahmanals to chant RUDRAMS during abeshiekam in 'Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi’. He arranged for it also. I am very lucky that everything is taken care by him. His contact no is 04324-282439. Cell : 94886 27839 / 94880 58741. Please call him at night around 7.30 PM or during lunch time 1.30 to 2 PM. Preferably on the land line. I am not sure how effectively he is using his mobiles.

7) The village Nerur is a typical indian village and you will NOT find any other items like rooms / autos / other mdecical , normal shops. Hence please bring everything from Karur or else make arrangements from outside. The only other alternative to stay over there is to stay in one of the local resident house in the same Agraharam. There is one gentle man called ‘Dr. Andali V Raghunath’ and he converted his house as a staying place. He is a citizen of US and it seems he will come to Nerur for 'Sadasiva Brahmendral Aaradhana’ during May month and spending only few months over there. It is a typical village big house and he is offering to those who comes to visit the place. It seems it is maintained by a 'Janaki Mami' who resides exact opposite of the guest house. Her contact no is 9791889252. She will offer foods at nominal prices. Other than this i don't think any other services exists over there.

8) Nerur is really a wonderful place and we had a very nice darshan of Guru Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi. We catched the 3.40 PM bus and back to karur on the day. While returning we went to thanthondri malai (It is a Perumal Deity and the place is about 3 KM from Karur. You will find many buses from Karur Bus Stand) and Pasupathinathar Siva temple which is in Karur itself.

9) Since our return train is at 8 PM , Due to time constraint we first went to 'Thanthondri Malai' through bus and from there we took an auto and reaches back to 'Pasupathinathar Temple' for Rs 80. From there again we took another auto and reaches the Karur railway station around 7 PM for Rs 40. Over there itself there is canteen run by a Brahmin and it is a very decent one. We had our dinner over there and boarded the train.

10) Neur is wonderful place and we had a very nice darshan of Guru Sadasiva Brahmendra Jeeva Samadhi.
On Namashivaya !!! On Namashivaya !!! On Namashivaya !!!

It is a good piece of information for the people who watch this forum. Thank you
for the inputs.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back