• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam in Kalady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,

We are a US based couple wishing to perform the poonal ceremony for our son in Adi Sankara Nilayam in Kalady. Since we are so far away, we seek this community's help in knowing if there are any Vaadhyaars that could perform this ceremony for us on a subcontract basis in Kalady. We are able to get a big hall and accommodations with the Chinmaya Mission there. However, the mission does not arrange for any priests or other things like cooking, flowers etc.

We are Tamil Iyers and would require the services of an Iyer priest. If anybody has any information that could help us in this regard, we would be most grateful for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi K.

Dear Members,

We are a US based couple wishing to perform the poonal ceremony for our son in Adi Sankara Nilayam in Kalady. Since we are so far away, we seek this community's help in knowing if there are any Vaadhyaars that could perform this ceremony for us on a subcontract basis in Kalady. We are able to get a big hall and accommodations with the Chinmaya Mission there. However, the mission does not arrange for any priests or other things like cooking, flowers etc.

We are Tamil Iyers and would require the services of an Iyer priest. If anybody has any information that could help us in this regard, we would be most grateful for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi K.
hi
just try in SRI SRINGERI MUTT IN KALADY........i heard that they provide everything from halll to priests....try to contact them..

best of luck

regards
tbs

Dear TBS,

Thank you very much for your very quick reply. I have written to them and will update this post for the benefit of others if I hear anything favorable.

Regards,

Ravi

Dear Ravi :

Pasting the reply received from my friend who had performed his son's upanayam at Kalady in Apr'10 this year.

This information may be useful.

Regarding the Upanayanam...
It is done at the Mutt in Kalady.. There are two halls which can be booked. It will be a 2day function.
For Nandi they do not conduct the homam being a mutt.
The vadiars are all so good, and at the end of the function the group of children from the veda pata shala come over to chant as well.
These vadiars do not go else where and are dedicated to the functions in the mutt.
Those who are interested in doing the Upanayanam in a Vaideha way... THIS IS THE BEST PLACE....
They provide rooms, breakfast,lunch and dinner as well. All without onion at a very reasonable price.
The Mutt phone no is 0484- 2462350.

Regards

Sanki

Dear Sanki,

Thank you for your post. This is really encouraging. We did call up the number you have mentioned and were asked to call back on Nov 23, as the Manager and Asst Mgr were out of town.

You did mention that they do not conduct the homam for Naandi, as they are a mutt. I am interested in knowing if and how your friend conducted that ceremony.

You may write to me directly at [email protected], if that is convenient for you, so that we may not crowd up this thread. I can then post a summary here.

Thanks,

Ravi

Dear members,

We did call up the mutt in Kalady. Their numbers are 9846749473/4842462350. You may speak with the manager Mr. Subramaniam or Mr. Surya. He was very cordial. They would do all the arrangements including the Vaadhyaar, food, and bakshanam. They also have a Veda paathashaalaa, and the children from there will come over and recite the Vedas after the Poonal ceremony. I would suggest that interested members call up the Mutt and ask them about the availability for the dates that you have in mind, as also any other questions that they may have. We plan to visit them on our next trip to India in March. Maybe we will have more information by then.

Regards,

Ravi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back