• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who has a better dress sense ? Iyer or Iyengar Girls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShivKC

I think Iyengar Girls/Ladies win this hands down. They select the most unusual colour combinations and match it with nice colourful glass bangles. And their hairstyles are always avant-garde. They use make-up well too, especially when they beautify their eyes. Witness Vyjayanthi Mala, Hema Malini and even Jayalalitha. May be it is all because they worship Vishnu who is supposed to be 'Alankara Priyar".

Last edited by a moderator:
well the iyers have trisha, priya mani & lakshmi who can give vyji & gang a good run. dont you think?

personally i think trisha is a more classy actor who carries herself well in the movies i have seen her. lakshmi was a great actor of yester years. i liked her best in comedies - her veettukku veedu performance was tops.

anyways in this vasudeva brahmin kutumbum, i think both namam and viboothi should be acceptable. :)

well the iyers have trisha, priya mani & lakshmi who can give vyji & gang a good run. dont you think?

personally i think trisha is a more classy actor who carries herself well in the movies i have seen her. lakshmi was a great actor of yester years. i liked her best in comedies - her veettukku veedu performance was tops.

anyways in this vasudeva brahmin kutumbum, i think both namam and viboothi should be acceptable. :)

Kunjuppu ji,

You seems to be not keeping upto date knowledge in this area.

Vidya to work in Rajini's next? - The Times of India

Vidya Balan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the best

Last edited:
When I read the name of the this thread, this is what sprang to my mind..."ஸ்மார்த்தா அலங்காரப் ப்ரியா...வைஷ்ணவா போஜனப் ப்ரியா..". This are the words from a Gurukkal Iyer next door (he was about 75 when he said these words, when I was a primary school kid).

Cheers!

In today's world of "unisex" trend where is the question of choice in dressing by girls or boys? Vyjayanthi, Hema and JJ belong to my generation, they cannot be compared with present day actors.:becky:

Brahmanyan.

The Mod world thinks otherwise; the less is more. Reclining on 'easy chair' the oldies are cudding. It is always better to feel young when you are actually not.

Same side goal here. How come one missed to mention the greatest super model famous across the world and bloody rich too. Padma Lakshmi.

Padma_Laksh...lakshmi_06.jpg

Dress.....Sense?

When I read the name of the this thread, this is what sprang to my mind..."ஸ்மார்த்தா அலங்காரப் ப்ரியா...வைஷ்ணவா போஜனப் ப்ரியா..". This are the words from a Gurukkal Iyer next door (he was about 75 when he said these words, when I was a primary school kid).

Cheers!

Old adages are conveniently altered to suit one's argument. It has always been Vishnu Alankarapriyan and Shiva abhishekapriyan. The devotees may, or not, follow their ishta devata. All ladies try to dress well, some succeed and others not. Or the judgement is better left to the beholder or his moods, not her moods because amongst themselves there is no agreement though religiously each follow the other. They still doubt their dress (sense?) upon donning one,viewing from all 360 degree angles, doubting their own eyes, perhaps doubting the mirror, keep checking en route. They are clear of their own doubts only after doffing all the same concluding that the other one has no dress sense. It is all very interesting and that is why they are enigmatic.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It has different meaning for different people. But according to me Beauty is in simplicity. It depends on perception.
Inner beauty is the real one that many people conveniently overlook.
एक शख्स की असली सुन्दरता तो सिर्फ और सिर्फ सादगी में हैं |(The real beauty of a person is in his/her simplicity)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back