• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

doubts and Clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,
I have a doubt, In our house we have kept a Anjeneyar photo in the posture of carrying the Sanjeva Mountain. Some of my friends say we should not keep such photos in house some say it is ok to keep such photos. can anybody clarify the doubt

Whether to keep anjeneyar photo in standing form and keeping the sanjeeva malai in hand there is a Ramar Patabhishekam photo in front of the opposite wall.

can anybody clarify my doubt.

Regards,
G.Kannan

Dear all,
I have a doubt, In our house we have kept a Anjeneyar photo in the posture of carrying the Sanjeva Mountain. Some of my friends say we should not keep such photos in house some say it is ok to keep such photos. can anybody clarify the doubt

Whether to keep anjeneyar photo in standing form and keeping the sanjeeva malai in hand there is a Ramar Patabhishekam photo in front of the opposite wall.

can anybody clarify my doubt.

Regards,
G.Kannan
Shri Kannan,

I have not heard any such belief but people who were real "upAsakas" kept only a standing pose picture.

Coming to beliefs, I have heard that a picture of Krishna blowing the flute is inauspicious for the house and I know two houses where they kept such pictures in their pooja (those were the days when guruvayur was becoming popular in central travancore area) and both families were sort of emaciated நொடித்துப்போச்சு!

doubts and clarifications

Dear sangom sir,
Thanks for your reply, but still i am not able to convince that anjeneya is a symbol of victory why this type of belief is spread among people. i am not 100% satisfied with the reply. Please excuse me sir.
Reg,
G.Kannan

Dear sangom sir,
Thanks for your reply, but still i am not able to convince that anjeneya is a symbol of victory why this type of belief is spread among people. i am not 100% satisfied with the reply. Please excuse me sir.
Reg,
G.Kannan
Shri Kannan,

It was the popular mind which made Anjaneya as a symbol of victory. In the original Valmiki Ramayana, Hanuman could not stand in front of Vali and so he escaped along with Sugriva to the area of Matanga's asram which Vali could not enter due to a curse. It is the same popular mind which arrives at various beliefs such as the one you raise and also the one to which I referred. If we want to believe, we may believe, otherwise we are free to discard all such beliefs; only thing to be ensured is that if something goes wrong in future, the very same "our mind" should not repent for not having followed the belief/s.

These are either wrong advice given by wrong persons from their associates or in some good sense from their personal experiance. so you take decision according to your concience or take advice from some elder persons whom you respect.Because for these kinds of doubts you may not get clarifications in scriptures.

Dear GopalanKannan ji

I too have heard similarly like this, having Dhandayudhapani photo, Having Natarajar photo, Having similar type of krishnar photos like this. But one thing we should get clarified. Hanuman is a symbolification of dedication, purity, bravery and also humility. Like what Sangom uncle said, it is the mind to decide.

1. Hanuman has detsroyed the demons and saved so many lives in so many instances in Ramayana
2. Hanuman is said to be chiranjeevi and is said to be still hearing wherever the story of ramayana is said
3.Hanuman is well-known for his vocabulary and also for his timely speech to console the heart in distress.

Infact he is considered as a Guru, who links the jeevathma to paramathma by various means and makes both sides happy. The thatva behind the whole ramayana is this only. Ravana is the "Maya" and Sita the jeevathma has been hiddened by him to the paramathma. Even the paramathma wants the jeevathma to get him back, but alas the power of maya is like that only with the help of a guru, the jevathma will attain the superior state.

COming to the point, Lifting sanjeevi mountain is one among his valorious deeds to save lakshmana. In this posture he should be considered as a doctor. Will you consider a doctor as a person who do harms to people? So certainly these are just a bad beliefs or what to say "Kakka Ukkara Panampazham Vizhundhadu" stories.

Certainly the hanuman will bring all the prosperities to your family. No second thoughts ji. Here itself I should also wanna clarify a thing. PURITY is a main thing for him. So keep his photo only in pooja room, and whenever you or your family members feel that they are not clean (just physically), avoid nearing the photo. BEcause we cannot expect mental cleanliness and ofcourse to shower the dust in our mind only we are nearing and praying him. Am damn sure by doing this he will do all the good things for you.

Even if you are still having any doubts, just keep a photo of ramar pattabhisekam. Because, believing 100% is important for Bhakti. Even Hanuman is the best example for this.

Pranams ji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back