• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Help reqd to trace ancestral village

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am new to this site and not clear where to post this, hence posting here.

We are Kerala Tamil Brahmins, settled here since who knows when. We belong to the Brahacharanam sect of Iyers - recently we came to know that we are Milanganur/Melagu Brahacharnam since we practise Adhisaya Pondugal ritual in our family.

We also came to know that Kandramanickam Brahacharanam originate from Kandramanickam Village, Mangudi Brahacharanam from Mangudi village and so on.

Could anyone pl. tell me from which village Milanganur Brahacharnam originate. It would help us to trace our roots also.

Ajay

Hi all

I am new to this site and not clear where to post this, hence posting here.

We are Kerala Tamil Brahmins, settled here since who knows when. We belong to the Brahacharanam sect of Iyers - recently we came to know that we are Milanganur/Melagu Brahacharnam since we practise Adhisaya Pondugal ritual in our family.

We also came to know that Kandramanickam Brahacharanam originate from Kandramanickam Village, Mangudi Brahacharanam from Mangudi village and so on.

Could anyone pl. tell me from which village Milanganur Brahacharnam originate. It would help us to trace our roots also.

Ajay
Dear Ajay,

I know that the "atisaya pondugaL" ritual is done by some families belonging to Bheemanagari (commonly known as 'Bheemaneri') village near Nagarcoil also. I am not sure which sub-caste they belong to, and whether their ancestral origin is that village, but since the temple in that agrahaaram is their kuladeivam, there is a good chance that they come from that area.

If you make enquiries there, you may get more info. BTW, where are you located?

Hi all

.............since we practise Adhisaya Pondugal ritual in our family...........

Ajay

What do you mean by Athisaya Pondugal? Is it same as "Sumangali pondugal"

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by Athisaya Pondugal? Is it same as "Sumangali pondugal"
To my knowledge, it is like sumangali praarthanai, but one widow is also a must. earlier only those widows who had shaven heads were to be called, but nowadays, she should be a widow, that's all.

nice to see widows respected and loved in the community.that itself is a 'adisayam' for me plus the pondugal part.with life becoming so exorbitant,i feel rituals itself shud be to bare minimum.i think the area for brhathcharanam is present north arcot district.will make queries about location,will post.i think in old archives,we did have a discussion about roots of various clans,please use our search engine,hopefully its upgraded as well after the new look of tamilbrahmins.com :) welcome ajay

Milagu Brahacharanam

Hey,

I am also from the same sect and we follow athisiya pondugal...
You should hail from Lalgudi or Valadi or near by places.....

Lemme know for more questions
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back