Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Naartha yelai podi

Dear All,

Hope many of us would have tried the Naartha yelai podi, which is a good side dish for thayir saadam.

It's simple to make. Just grate insert Naartha yelai(fresh leaves) along with a bit of salt and red chillies and it's ready.

I like it and it's very delicious.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    samar, i share swami's sentiments. hope you had a good digestion after eating this
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is also referred as "veppilakkati" in Keral Iyer households.

The samples I am getting in market( certain pockets only) are having an overdose of chillies/or salt.or both.

Can we get good supply of fresh Naartha Elai?(at least frozen and packed?
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SuryaKasyapa View Post
    I think it is also referred as "veppilakkati" in Keral Iyer households.

The samples I am getting in market( certain pockets only) are having an overdose of chillies/or salt.or both.

Can we get good supply of fresh Naartha Elai?(at least frozen and packed?
    Fresh Naartha Ilai is sold in Chennai vegetable markets during season.

Some of the homes here also have the tree and we can manage fresh leaves

All the best
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Is it otherwise called வேப்பலகட்டி? Jambu
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.T.N.Jambunathan View Post
    Is it otherwise called வேப்பலகட்டி? Jambu
    Our community in Kerala calls it `Veppalaikatti'. It is a most common substitute for `pickle' in most of the TB community homes both in Kerala and Tamilnadu.

All the best
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by *** View Post
    Fresh Naartha Ilai is sold in Chennai vegetable markets during season.

Some of the homes here also have the tree and we can manage fresh leaves

All the best
    A Tip My wife substitutes எலுமிச்சை இலை Which is easily available for நார்த இலை the taste will be exactly the same try it Jambu
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaminathasharma View Post
    You ate all alone ????? very bad sir... you should have shared to all of us here ..... hahahahha
    No swamiJi , I am talking about my chldhood experiences some 40 years back. I don't get to eat this and others like Maakali kizhangu urugai and pori vilangai urundai which my Grandma used to make.

Another delicacy is Sangu elai Rasam.

Dear SwamiJi, I wish I could repeat all this childhood experience and share this with all of you
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi folks,
    the famious palakkad based thangam prodicts made tastey veppilaikkatti anad mahani oorugai....i purchased from chennai and got back to USA
    for one year quota till my next trip to chennai..........thayir saadam with veppilai katti or mahani kizhangu oorigai..bachelors and kalyanam
    panniyum brahmacharigalukku oru vara prasadam.....

regards
    tbs
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Veppalaikatti :-good for digestion. but now if u buy from market, ready made one having more of salt.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast