• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sundara kandam parayanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deear sir,
I would like to know the procedure for Sri Sundarakanda parayanam

When should it be read? (is it a must that it should be read only during day (specifically early in the morning) or it could be read even during the evening / night (up till 9 p.m.)
I have tried all methods of parayanam (saptasarga parayanam, two sargas in a single day etc.)
kindly clarify the doubts
regards

Dear Sir,
thanks for the prompt reply. I went through the site and it was helpful. However, I have a doubt or a specific question regarding the time of reciting (i.e. whether it should be only recited before noon as in the case of certain slokas / sookthams etc. or if it can be ready after sunset also? this is because due to time constraint i normally recite it after coming back from the office, after 7.00 p.m. is that right?

regards

Dear Sir,
thanks for the prompt reply. I went through the site and it was helpful. However, I have a doubt or a specific question regarding the time of reciting (i.e. whether it should be only recited before noon as in the case of certain slokas / sookthams etc. or if it can be ready after sunset also? this is because due to time constraint i normally recite it after coming back from the office, after 7.00 p.m. is that right?

regards

sri,

i hope the wisdom in this forum will answer your specific queries. my knowledge skillset is confined to thumbing google.

my knowledge of our traditions is close to zero. sorry that i am unable to provide you with more info.
sooooo, over to the public.

best wishes..

Sri.Srivarahe,

Greetings. Your questions about Sundara Kanda PArAyanam put a smile on my face. When I wanted to start the parayanam, I was seeking an auspicious day; I approached a wise person and requested his guidance. In reply, he asked me to start the recital anyday, because the recital turns an ordinary into an auspicious day! One need not follow any hard fast rule for the recital. In the beginning I used to recite 15 to 20 minutes in the morning before B/Fast. (of course, I recited the first sargam & 58th sargam on a Sunday. Can't do it in 15 minutes!). Then, I used to recite on the weekly basis, in the evenings (only on the week ends). I just take my own time, recite at my own phase.

Cheers!

sir, In skanthopa puranam third sargam in uma samhithai Sundara kanda paarayana kramam is there. Elevan paarayana kramams are there in Sundara kaandam tamil edition book published by Giri trading agency pvt.ltd.In uma samhithai slokam from 81 to 99 It should be done from 6 am to 11.-30 A.M. daily. In page 8 in sundara kandam tamil version book published by giri trading coy. It is available here near milk company bus stop Thiruvenkata swamy road corner near kamakshi amman koil and anna poorni koil; You are doing paarayana for a purpose. It will be of great use only when the sun is in aarohana time that is from early morning to noon.

Dear Srivarahe,

I have been doing the Sri sundarakanda parayanam for 15 years, normally I complete 3/4 rounds in a year. There are various Kramams like Navaha parayanam etc. I follow one of them, i.e, starting on a Friday and read 1 sargam a day totalling 68 days.

Please also refer LIFCO sundarakandam book. All the Kramams are mentioned.

Regards

May the lord Bless you

Dear Srivarahe,

Sri Sundara kanda parayanam has certain basic rules.
  • The first sargam has to completed in one sitting. Hence one may need to start every parayana cycle on a Sunday till one pick up speed.
  • Please provide a seat (palakai) in front of you . This is for Sri Anjaneya who comes down to all the places where Ramayanam is recited.( Ofcourse he will be invisible)
  • The parayanam should be preceeded by a pooja to Rama along with dhoopa , deepa, neivedhyam and harathi. The paraynam should be followed by a neiyvedhyam. Neivedhyam need not be elaborate and can be raisins or bananas.
  • The paryanam has to be done in the morning unless it is unavoidable on a particular day. This is true of all poojas except where evening time specified like pradosha pooja.
  • Parayanam of Sargas 2 to 68 can be done at will. Meaning one can do a parayanam of even one sloka if hard pressed for time.
  • If one happens to end the parayanam on the last sloka of any sarga one needs to recite the first sloka of the next sargam to complete the day’s parayanam. However the next day one needs to start with the first sloka of the new sargam (which was recited the previous day) and not from the second sloka of the new sargam.
  • Starting any pooja needs the blessings of well versed vedic pundits and acharyas. Hence if possible before starting take the book to one’s acharya or a well versed vidwan and get their blessings. If not place the book in front of one’s Acharya’s photo, do a shashtanga namaskaram and start.
  • The slokas have to be recited musically. It cannot be read out like prose. One need not sing but has to be done at least as it is done in upanyasams. This may not be possible in the beginning but must be brought into practice gradually.
  • In one completes the parayanam cycle, the pattabhisheka sargam has to be recited on the last day of the cycle.
  • On the Pattabhishekam day if possible have payasam as neivedhyam.

It will be easier if one pick up speed before venturing on any parayana kramam since these require reciting multiple sargams in a single day.
A sundra kandam book published by Sri Sengalipuram Anantharama Dikshidar is also available.
Please go ahead and receive the boundless blessings of Sita lakshmana Bharata Shatrugna Hanumath samedha sri Ramachandra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back