• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How many poonal does a person wear, if he is married and having a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct.only two poonals to be worn after wedding.as regards the third one I have also heard the same way as you have mentioned from my father.Although there is another opinion that the third one denotes thrithiya vastra or angavastram we wear.
I wear three after my father's demise.

Dear sir,
For Bramachari one poonal and for grehathal two poonal only. There is no any sambhandam of third poonal with the father alive or died or the birth of child. only and only two poonal for grihasthan.

Dear sir,
For Bramachari one poonal and for grehathal two poonal only. There is no any sambhandam of third poonal with the father alive or died or the birth of child. only and only two poonal for grihasthan.

It is a question of one's belief and tradition.Thats why I said the third also represents the thrithiya vastram(upper angavastram) according to some people.Yes I agree Majority wear only 2.

I wear three because my father,uncles wore three.

How many Poonal does a person wear, if he is married and having a child

Sir,
I am a smartha Brahmin.I am wearing three poonals for a long time.
In my case my father died in the year June 1961 five months after my marriage.I do not recollect whether I started wearing three poonals while performing the ceremonies for my father or after
'SEEMANTHA MUHURTHAM' before first delivery.
After my wife's demise in 2003 I perform annual SRARDHAMS of my parents in RAGHAVENDRA MADAM either in chennai or Newdelhi.
They give only two poonal before start of the ceremony. Every time
the PUROHIT will ask me to go to office and pay extra and get the third Poonal.
A scholar with VEDIC knowledge may be able to give guidance for the benefit of the forum members.
B.Krishnamurthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back