• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Breaking of Coconut for Pooja in the Temples and houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

Breaking of Coconut for Pooja in the Temples and houses.

The Coconut tree gets the Shell from the tree and is activated by the magnetic force from the universe. Some time in the initial stage itself some Kurubai will fell down which means the unborn child is getting its abortion. In next stage, Tender Coconut where the water is colleted in to the shell and you can consume to reduce the heat inside the human.
Next stage, is coconut usable for preparing food etc., and helps others which is referred to a man who wish to help other souls, and you may quote married man who supports his family, Next stage, ripened and with oil where you can get oil which you may refer to the matured men who is sharing his views and experiences with others and gets the juices.
Next stage from the same kopparai forms another tree which means the soul is taken re birth. From one tree you can get 100s of new trees. This is how the humans birth taken place in the universe.
A man and woman join to get children and the cycle is continuous.

[FONT=&quot]Appreciate others also post their views on the coconut[/FONT]

...[FONT=&quot]Appreciate others also post their views on the coconut[/FONT]

ramacc,

i have to confess that i read all your posts regularly. i am amazed at the spatial and epochial distances that you cover in one brief ditty of a just a few lines.

so, i feel that i should respond to your request here. atleast, on the surface, we are talking about the same fruitnut.

my antecedents are from palghat, and hence i love coconut in almost every கூட்டான் including சாம்பார் & வெத்தக்கொழம்பு.

coconut pieces is a must in கொழக்கட்டை, adai and ofcourse பணியாரம்.

in my grandma house, we used to use the சரட்டை to boil water in an அண்டா every morning, as we used to bathe only in hot water.

i am not too fond of கொப்பரை. in our home in madras, we had about 6 coconut trees, and so i don't ever remember mom buying coconuts at all.

the guy who climbed the coconuts, i still remember him, small, wiry and thin, with an enviable handlebar moustache.

nowadays, when i refer someone as a 'coconut', in the context of where i live, i mean, a brown skinned person on the outside, who thinks 'white' inside.

ramacc, this post is not quite upto your standard. but the best i could do. i apologize for any failings.

thank you.

The coconut is broken, symbolising the breaking of the ego. The juice within, representing the inner tendencies (vaasanas) is offered along with the white kernel - the mind, to the Lord.

Activities will purify our mind only if it is done with proper attitude.

Coconut is considered to be the " Kalpavriksha"- a similar to "Kaamadhenu"-- giving everything.

The leaves are used for thatching-roofing of dwelments. It can cover enclosures and partition areas.The coconut kernel is one of a very healthy food.Coconut water- totally unpolluted potable drink- (water no frog has urinated on ;goes childhood riddle) is the best natural rehydrating liquid.It can be taken in even serious illness like Hepatitis.It quenches thirst very effectively. The dried kernel is used for extracting coconut oil- virgin coconut oil is a natural anibiotic and curer for many bruises and burns and good for lustrous skin and hair.Intake of coconut oil takes care of fat needs of body.The shell of coconut is used as fuel, and as containers and serving spoons in early days and now as artefacts in similar use.
The coconut fibre can be used as bathbrush.The fibres are used to make coir. The trunk of coconut tree is used for many wooden carvings, hollow of certain percussion instrumenst, fencing of boundarie between homes and partitions, used as small bridge to cross rivulets...

The coconut flowers and tender leavesare used for decoration especially in auspicious occasions like puja and temple festivals.

Without allowing to mature, the coconut liquid is drained from flower stage to make 'Toddy"- the local liquor. The same liquid is again treated to make coconut Jaggery(sweetener)... Coconut floer is used in Ayurveda medicine system for medicines especially for ladies and pregnant women..........

Coconut,removed from its outer fibre, and removing water by piercing a whole in one of the "eye"- functions as a container ( almost a protective thermos flask) when molten Ghee is poured in and taken to Sabarimala as offering to Sree Ayyappa for "Ney Abhishekam".....

Probably there may be somebody who can still contribute more and more on this.

Indeed Coconut is a "KALPAVRIKSHA"

Breaking coconut is akin symbolic to break our swollen ego in front of God. Some people predict from the way coconut is broken.

Greetings.

Also it is called 'Poorna aharam' as olden days people used to travel from different parts & days together. During the long journey these are used to be a reasonable food with built in water & shell to create the fire to avoid the cold as well as protection from animals during the night.

Pranam,
L.Srinivas

Also it is called 'Poorna aharam' as olden days people used to travel from different parts & days together. During the long journey these are used to be a reasonable food with built in water & shell to create the fire to avoid the cold as well as protection from animals during the night.

Pranam,
L.Srinivas

Some years ago I have read about one " Thenga pazham Saamiyaar" in Tamil Nadu.He and his family eat only coconut and banana fruit.The newspaper which published the article reported that the samiyaar's son had sparkling eyes like shining stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back