• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Unable to attend his own wedding, groom exchanges vows via webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

dc-Cover-licd0g76epcs1vl8fis3pteii3-20161110015527.Medi.jpeg

Kochi: Unable to obtain leaves for his wedding, Harris, a native of Veliyam of Kerala's Kollam district, exchanged the wedding vows online from Saudi Arabia.
In his stead, his sister tied the nuptial knot to his bride Shamla, said a report in India Today.
The unusual wedding took place at Thamarakulam city of Alappuzha district of Kerala, the report said.
Harris was unable to attend his own wedding due to prior work commitments, however, in his absence, his relatives took the onus of getting him married.
Harris' sister Najitha tied the knot to the resplendent bride. This one-of-its-kind wedding saw the groom witness the ceremony live from Saudi Arabia.
Harris works as a marketing manager with a private firm in Riyadh, while Shamla works as a nurse in a government health facility in Mecca.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...-wedding-groom-exchanges-vows-via-webcam.html

How legal is it? Can they get a marriage certificate for visa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digital wedding!!. If divorce over telephone could be treated as legal, there seems tobe no reason for rejecting this wedding. However, it is really unfortunate for the groom not to get the leave sanctioned.. The lelgal formalities could be met by registration in court at a later stage.

The lelgal formalities could be met by registration in court at a later stage.

Perhaps yes. But how later...? What if one of them change their mind in the interim? If they could do a court registration at a later date, then why this digital wedding?

Just thinking aloud.

Something fishy in this!! May be the boy is trying to wriggle out of his marriage commitment..Poor bride's family have been taken for a royal ride!

Perhaps yes. But how later...? What if one of them change their mind in the interim? If they could do a court registration at a later date, then why this digital wedding?

Just thinking aloud.

Registration of marriage is mandatory in many states in India, in Delhi it was made compulsory from April 2014. It is always registered subsequent to the traditional marriage and within 60 days of its solemnization. So there is no legal hurdle for a later registration. And for the first part of the question, I don't think there is any legislation to control change of minds so can't help!!

Last edited:
Registration of marriage is mandatory in many states in India, in Delhi it was made compulsory from April 2014. It is always registered subsequent to the traditional marriage and within 60 days of its solemnization. So there is no legal hurdle for a later registration. And for the first part of the question, I don't think there is any legislation to control change of minds so can't help!!
There was a recent judgement that live-ins would be considered on par with registered marriages. I do not know if all marriages in india are registered (even where it is mandatory).

But the intent of my question was different - if the couple would want to do a registration at a later date, why would the webcam marriage matter at all? No worries, I am not expecting any answer here.

There was a recent judgement that live-ins would be considered on par with registered marriages. I do not know if all marriages in india are registered (even where it is mandatory).

But the intent of my question was different - if the couple would want to do a registration at a later date, why would the webcam marriage matter at all? No worries, I am not expecting any answer here.

Muhurtham cannot come again .. hence the wedding over webcam.. Simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back