• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does thumbs down on content breed contempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

Our moderator has given the option to mark thumbs up / down for other's posts.

Do we really need that option? Members can agree or disagree by replies and

those who don't want to indulge in worthless arguments could stay silent. :cool:

Why breed contempt by giving thumbs down for contents?

Previously, we had ONLY the option to click 'like' for other's posts. Was it better?

P.S: If I say :yo: to my friend, it gets a
icon13.png
!! ;)

Dear RR ji,

I feel Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down is a good option.

We should be exposed to both likes and dislikes..praise and blame..thats part of life I feel.

Its good to have opponents too..only then our brains think faster and sharper and the adrenaline rush of a game of cat and mouse brings Bliss!LOL

One more thing I want to highlight is...we members should not ask for a thread to be closed when the fights are getting started and hotter.

Why shut down so soon?

I never got a chance to reply one of the post of VB sir where he said that he had unfortunately contributed to derailing of a thread against his will.

I just wish I could console him by saying that its Kismet and Karma that things happen and we have to face everything with an Samatvam(Equanimity) and come out unfazed by any action or reaction or consequences.

So everyone....dont ask for thread closure so soon.

I wish there is an option to click Thumbs Up for one's own post..sometimes I really like some of my posts!LOL

Controversial posts get thumbs down...We have the liberty to counter that in case someone marks our post as thumbs down..We are all learners..So nothing wrong per se in getting some feedback

Dear RR ji,

I feel Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down is a good option..

Its good to have opponents too..only then our brains think faster and sharper and the adrenaline rush of a game of cat and mouse brings Bliss!LOLr.

Why shut down so soon?

So everyone....dont ask for thread closure so soon.

Why cat and mouse Game? Even Parrot , காெ க்கு and குரங்கு games can make your brain think faster and adrenaline rush!

Shut down ! Makes you feel all is well in a Family Feud!

View attachment 5840

I wish there is an option to click Thumbs Up for one's own post..sometimes I really like some of my posts!LOL

I agree ! - In the absence of this option - I add என் Joy! (My Joy) when I like my own post!

those who don't want to indulge in worthless arguments could stay silent. :cool:

The masters of worthless agruments talking about....

படிக்கிறது ராமாயணம் இடிக்கிறது பெருமாள் கோவில்

தன்னோட THREADனா அதற்கு ஒரு நியாயம்

அடுத்தவன் THREADனா அதற்கு ஒரு நியாயம்

என்ன கரிசனம்யா .... என்ன நியாயம்யா

Coming to the topic..

It can be either on the content or it can also be on the action of the poster….

I find few in this Forum rush to fall in line
with all obeisance to say YES BOSS or 100% Right,
:yo: whenever someone posts something against others with whom this member has already locked horn on several issues.

What is important is application of mind.

Sorry I am speaking about application of mind here with few who allow their mind to take rest or to rust. LOL

This action of one’s rushing to vouch or second someone’s postings on the only ground that it digs at the other member whom they are not in good humor may also get them Thumps down.

You reap what you sow… as Thumbs down and Thumbs up are reciprocated.

Some are very mean minded … they take all the liberty, make entry into other threads, meddle with it merrily and at last derail it.

But when it comes to their own thread, they try to take all precautionary measures and statutory warning etc to STOP others …. LOL

Some don't consider it worth to analyse, evaluate, discuss, etc the content of the postings.

Immediately when they saw some posting digging at the other, who is not in the list of members in their good humor, they jump into action wasting no time.

This swift action on the part of the member need also deserve to be recognised.....IMO.

Welcome active members of TPG,

Please contribute your pearls of wisdom

Let the show for the day begin....... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you....will surely let the show begin!LOL

BTW sir...sometimes some posts are so nice that we have to say Yes Boss right away ..cant help it..especially some of my posts..they are master pieces..I sometimes cant stop admiring my own posts.

I also like post of JJ ji...too good..yesterday குரங்கு maama and maami was just too good!

I feel we should all follow some simple rules if we want to engage in Fight Club.(Fight here means War of Words)

1)Enter at own risk.

2)Fight in a pulsatile non emotional,non personal manner but have breaks to have new ideas.

3)Do not cry foul when attacked cos those who have chosen to fight..must either come out dead or alive..otherwise why fight at all?

4)Strictly No Ahimsa.

5)Do not say that it was against one's own free will that a fight happened. One must take full responsibility even when it comes to crime.

6)Do not be ashamed or shy that one has desire to fight..be brave.

7)Stay focused and watch how the opponent reacts.

8)Notice their strength and weaknesses.

9)Do not be like Abhimanyu...that is know how to get in but do not know how to get out. If unsure enlist help of Commander.

10)Always try to be fair and square even in a fight..respect and admire the opponent for its his/her dharma and our dharma to fight.

TPG please take note..your Commander has trained even opponents before..so fear not..you are in safe hands!

Last edited:
Well said Doctor,

However, as a matter of principle, I never fight verbal dual, since I am aware of my limitations and know that I will not match the viruperative elequence of few members of the forum.
I follow the dictum of Dale Carnegie " in an argument no body wins".
Brahmnyan,
Bangalore.

I feel we should all follow some simple rules if we want to engage in Fight Club.(Fight here means War of Words)

1)Enter at own risk.

2)Fight in a pulsatile non emotional,non personal manner but have breaks to have new ideas.

3)Do not cry foul when attacked cos those who have chosen to fight..must either come out dead or alive..otherwise why fight at all?

4)Strictly No Ahimsa.

5)Do not say that it was against one's own free will that a fight happened. One must take full responsibility even when it comes to crime.

6)Do not be ashamed or shy that one has desire to fight..be brave.

7)Stay focused and watch how the opponent reacts.

8)Notice their strength and weaknesses.

9)Do not be like Abhimanyu...that is know how to get in but do not know how to get out. If unsure enlist help of Commander.

10)Always try to be fair and square even in a fight..respect and admire the opponent for its his/her dharma and our dharma to fight.

This post makes your status a bit unclear; are you still a fighter or turned a referee now? or a bundle of both? needs clarification. Any way it is good that at least we have certain set of rules to follow now. My suggestion is start seperate threads for fights so that other threads do not get disturbed..

Well said Doctor,

However, as a matter of principle, I never fight verbal dual, since I am aware of my limitations and know that I will not match the viruperative elequence of few members of the forum.
I follow the dictum of Dale Carnegie " in an argument no body wins".
Brahmnyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Sir,

Mostly some of us engage just for fun like a Tom and Jerry scenario with no bad intentions or ill feelings at heart.

In fact to be honest..I like engaging with VB sir...he is so fun to have as an opponent.

True...in an argument no body wins..but what if some of us are not looking for victory and want to enjoy the duel and also enjoy losing?LOL

Last edited:
This post makes your status a bit unclear; are you still a fighter or turned a referee now? or a bundle of both? needs clarification. Any way it is good that at least we have certain set of rules to follow now. My suggestion is start seperate threads for fights so that other threads do not get disturbed..

I play a fair game...fight fairly...so it might seem like being both a referee and fighter after all that is the role of a Commander of TPG!LOL

Coming to the topic..

It can be either on the content or it can also be on the action of the poster….

I find few in this Forum rush to fall in line
with all obeisance to say YES BOSS or 100% Right,
:yo: whenever someone posts something against others with whom this member has already locked horn on several issues.

What is important is application of mind.

Sorry I am speaking about application of mind here with few who allow their mind to take rest or to rust. LOL

This action of one’s rushing to vouch or second someone’s postings on the only ground that it digs at the other member whom they are not in good humor may also get them Thumps down.

Well you are jaundiced and on the backfoot

you can see the in Link - You have been appreciated and respected''

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=34007

Donot play victim Card ! I respond to the post and to the poster! It will get the fitting response that it deserves Let the curtain raise for the show and not drawn down!

Thank you....will surely let the show begin!LOL

BTW sir...sometimes some posts are so nice that we have to say Yes Boss right away ..cant help it..especially some of my posts..they are master pieces..I sometimes cant stop admiring my own posts.

I also like post of JJ ji...too good..yesterday குரங்கு maama and maami was just too good!

Doctor Mam

Mahakavi Bharathiyar said காக்கை குருவி எங்கள் ஜாதி
நீள்கடலும் மலையும் எங்கள் கூட்டம்
நோக்கும் திசையெலாம் நாமன்றி வேறில்லை
நோக்க நோக்க களியாட்டம்

A monkey may think about monkeys and கொக்கு may think about கொக்கு, மக்கு, ஜக்கு , பக்கு. It is the mind set..

People live in zoo need to love animals than the visitors.

And what one write is nothing but the reflection of one’s own mind.

And as for as the YES BOSS postings, the essence lies in its speed.

Urgency and speed exhibited in performing surgery on a chronic patient may be different from an accident victim within the Golden hour.

Dear Sir,

Mostly some of us engage just for fun like a Tom and Jerry scenario with no bad intentions or ill feelings at heart.

In fact to be honest..I like engaging with VB sir...he is so fun to have as an opponent.

True...in an argument no body wins..but what if some of us are not looking for victory and want to enjoy the duel and also enjoy losing?LOL

True - It will be fun to indulge in hot boiling Filter Coffee!

Someone is creating work for praveen for the day
Not so soon, Krish Sir! :nono:
Each thread has to touch double digit pages and posters have to occupy cyber space. :popcorn:
Tthen only :help: is sought from the moderator. Till then enjoy, as J J ji advises. :couch2:

BTW, what is your opinion about
icon13.png
? Does it breed contempt?

TPG please take note..your Commander has trained even opponents before..so fear not..you are in safe hands!

This I honestly agree. And credits, if any, goes only to my GURU.:pray:

Doctor Mam

Mahakavi Bharathiyar said காக்கை குருவி எங்கள் ஜாதி
நீள்கடலும் மலையும் எங்கள் கூட்டம்
நோக்கும் திசையெலாம் நாமன்றி வேறில்லை
நோக்க நோக்க களியாட்டம்

A monkey may think about monkeys and கொக்கு may think about கொக்கு, மக்கு, ஜக்கு , பக்கு. It is the mind set..

People live in zoo need to love animals than the visitors.

And what one write is nothing but the reflection of one’s own mind.

And as for as the YES BOSS postings, the essence lies in its speed.

Urgency and speed exhibited in performing surgery on a chronic patient may be different from an accident victim within the Golden hour.

காட்டுக்குள்ளே தீபாவளி திருவிழா! enjoy Sivakasi !

காக்கை குருவி எங்கள் ஜாதி - பாரதி

I thought only words of Chanakya got screwed and Renu had to rush to correct it !

Now Bharathiyar is added to the list. What he tried to preach is totally misunderstood! :tsk:

My suggestion is start seperate threads for fights so that other threads do not get disturbed..

Ganesh Ji,

Similar proposals were initiated earlier also.

But somehow such proposals don't get approved or materialized.

There is no one-to-one here and it is free-for-all.

And the TPG is in full form with full quorum and with able leadership.

And you are the best judge to rate the TPG...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back