• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rituals need thithi help urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishnampettai

My father died on 29th September 2016 between 4.30 to 5.30 am .Now 2 priests are giving me different dates.One priest tells me it first ceremony for 27th or 28th cermeony comes on the 25th while another priest says it comes on the 26th October.Can anyone clarify this for me. The other days match
Similarly one priest says the 45th day comes on the 9th November whereas another person says it comes on the 13th November.

Are details requested are 4.30 to 5.30 am
what is the Tamil Month on 29th September ?
What is the thithi ?
What is the Paksham ?

you may do unam masikam on 27thoctoberand next unam on 9-11-2016. amavasai thithi, krishna paksham and purattasi month.

Respected Gopalan Sir,

Just for enlightenment I wish to ask you this question.

Do we consider the thithi at the time of death or do we consider the thithi on the day of death?

The time of demise as given in the OP comes during Chathurdasi thithi.

time of death must be seen. both by drikanitham and vaakiya panchangam from 4-30 to 5-30 a.m. is amavasya thithi.

Thank you very much .But the priests tell me the Chathurdasi thithi while they agree on krishna paksham and purattasi month.they disagree on amavasai thithi.

for september 29th after 12" o clock night 30th september early morning 4-30 to 5-30 a.m.amavasai thithi. for september 28th night after 12 "o clock september 29th morning 4-30 to 5-30 a.m.chathurdasi thithi is correct/ / As per indian astrology the day starts from sun rise to next day sunrise is one day.

Respected Gopalan Sir,

Does it mean that the death (in OP) has happened on 28th and not 29th, as per Indian astrology?

So, is the thithi Chathurdasi?

If written 28th night and 29th early morning it is chathurthasi thithi. if written 29th night and 30th morning it is amavasya thithi. the priest there
knows that and so they are telling as chathurdasi thithi. correct/. how do i know . he has written as urgent. oona masikam dates will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back