• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Fairest Flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blessings, everyone.

I have decided to make a new thread, because unfortunately I see many souls spinning their wheels in useless conversations. I see talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. This is unhealthy. It is wasted energy. A wise man weighs his words and speaks little.

You call yourselves Brahmins, but I see that most of you know very little about Brahman. Eloquent speaking or detailed discussions is not a sign of a Brahmin which means truly wise man.

With that said, I hope that we can begin a new thread, a thread that is truly conducive to liberation, moksha.

In this thread, all philosophies must be kept at bay until absolute love has been firmly established in the heart. So before responding to this thread, you must cut your head.

In this thread, I will not teach you anything, but you will teach yourself. You will teach yourself the meaning of love. You will not accept nor reject anything I say until you have realized what love is. Should you ask for anything more?

You do not owe me anything nor do I owe you anything. I am no one's teacher nor anyone's student.

If you have questions, be sincere. But know that ultimately Self-inquiry and Self-answer is the greatest teacher.

Love,
Your Dearest Friend.

dear arthur,

you are truly wise.

we must indeed cut off our head before we learn anything.

head is held high on the body. head is where the mind is.

an uncontrolled mind is like wild horses and will never realise Brahman.

first ahamkara(the feeling of I am the doer should go).

to realise Brahman we need to instill love in ourselves first, see everyone as the same and the answer wont be too far away.

i abide your rule dear arthur as a knight of the round table, lose my head and let the fairest flower of love grow where my head had once been.

renuka

Who Am I?

I am always attracted by the question `Who Am I? நான் யார்?

Question seems to be very simple. But getting answer is not all the easy.

Probably some clue to the answers may be available in the following website.

Ramana Maharshi - Who am I?

I don't bother about Swarga, Naraga, Moksha or whatever it is.

I request others to share their experiences.

All the best

Arthur wrote:-
“Blessings, everyone.
I have decided to make a new thread, because unfortunately I see many souls spinning their wheels in useless conversations. I see talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. This is unhealthy. It is wasted energy.”

Blessings to you too. Just because you do not understand the conversations, you seem to think that they are ‘useless’ conversations. The first sentence from you shows how egoistic you are. You have not produced any evidence to show that these conversations are unhealthy or waste of energy. How do you know the conversations in this forum are not charging many members?

Arthur said :-
“A wise man weighs his words and speaks little.”

I don’t know about that. My lecturer is a very brilliant lady. She just starts the topic and talks on it for 2 hours non-stop. We (students) usually sit there, spell bound. Wise men speak little? I have noticed complete nincompoops too talk very little even after generous encouragements.

Arthur said:-
“You call yourselves Brahmins, but I see that most of you know very little about Brahman.”
How do you know? Have you got a scale to measure the amount of Brahman we know? By the way, to add to your vast knowledge, a Brahmin does not have to know anything about Brahman.

“Eloquent speaking or detailed discussions is not a sign of a Brahmin which means truly wise man.”

The word ‘brahmin’ does not mean a ‘wise man’.

“With that said, I hope that we can begin a new thread, a thread that is truly conducive to liberation, moksha.”

You are starting a thread without any contribution to its goal from your part. Of course, you know you can depend upon the learned members from this forum for meaningful contributions as it can be seen already. (Not from me though! I am not learned).

“In this thread, all philosophies must be kept at bay until absolute love has been firmly established in the heart.”

Are you saying, philosophies and love don’t go together?

“So before responding to this thread, you must cut your head.”

In Tamizh, any body without head is known as ‘mundam’ (since this is Tamizh Brahmin forum, this meaning is relevant). Are you saying that only ‘mundams’ can respond to this thread or are you calling anyone innocent enough to respond to this thread as ‘mundam’? I sincerely ask you to edit this sentence. Already some of the gentle members of this forum had responded to this thread.

“In this thread, I will not teach you anything, but you will teach yourself.”

You are brimming with ego aren’t you? Arthur, not only in this thread, you can not ‘teach’ anyone anything in real life either. Nobody can ‘teach’. One has to ‘learn’. From your words, I can see, there is possibly nothing to learn anything from you.

“You will teach yourself the meaning of love. You will not accept nor reject anything I say until you have realized what love is.”

More display of ego from our friend. This forum has become his subjects; his majesty Arthur is instructing the subjects!

His majesty Arthur asked;-
“Should you ask for anything more?”

No, my lord!

His majesty Arthur said:-
“If you have questions, be sincere.”

But my lord, so far you have not said anything. But whatever you say my lord, there will be no questions.

“But know that ultimately Self-inquiry and Self-answer is the greatest teacher.”

At last the lord has spoken! Thank you ,my lord!

Fairest flower? I am this-
black_rose_budding.jpg

Blessings, everyone.

I have decided to make a new thread, because unfortunately I see many souls spinning their wheels in useless conversations. I see talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. This is unhealthy. It is wasted energy. A wise man weighs his words and speaks little.

You call yourselves Brahmins, but I see that most of you know very little about Brahman. Eloquent speaking or detailed discussions is not a sign of a Brahmin which means truly wise man.

You do not owe me anything nor do I owe you anything. I am no one's teacher nor anyone's student.

If you have questions, be sincere. But know that ultimately Self-inquiry and Self-answer is the greatest teacher.

Love,
Your Dearest Friend.

arthur,

i think, most people have to call their groups something.

there are chettiars, gounders, chakkilis, muslims, christians. i think, atleast, as far as i am concerned, tamil brahmin is just another group.

this TB group has certain common rituals and habits, which sets it apart from other tamil groups, but also has many many stuff in common with other tamil hindus.

for various historical reasons, which has been churned several times, we appear to focus on the differences, than on the similarities. so be it.

the 'I' or rather, as bob marley used to say, 'I and I', transcends, i think, the discussions and the intellectual abilities of a majority of us, whether we be TBs or other tamil groups.

in my opinion, most of the forum members, have half baked or less ideas about what they should be based on being identified as a பிராமணன், அந்தணன் or பாப்பான்.

personally, i think it would make life much simple for these folks, if they accepted what they know and try to live the life in harmony with their surroundings. otherwise, it is a constant self aggrandizement due to guilt, feeling of ignorance, and above all, a sense of worthlessness. such feelings are fertile soil for folks from the extremities of hinduism, who invoke the supposed ancient glories, and invoke the sense of guilt and in turn produce anguished souls full of anger against the society and fellow men.

Dear Raghy,

Sweet greetings. I just wanted you to know that you are much more beautiful than the flower you have posted. You are glorious beyond your own imaginings.

I wish you all the best, and have no problem answering any sincere question you may have.

Sending My Love,
Arthur

Hello, Renukarthikayan.

Congratulations on your victory, but the war is not over yet as I am sure you already know. You have pierced the heart of the ego. Do not stop until full emancipation is reached.

Sending My Strength and Love,
Arthur

Dear Arthur,

I dont desire failure nor do i desire victory,
I dont desire war neither do i desire history,
Strength and love to me you send if really,
Please guide in open, dont remain a mystery.

lots of love
renuka

Sri Arthur,

You seems to have overcome the ego problems and have got the answer to the question `Who Am I?'. Hats of to you.

To the best of my knowledge, Ramana Maharishi got the answer for the question `Who Am I?' and he has practically struggled several years in caves and odd conditions to get the answer. He never claimed that he got the answer to the question and only others felt that he got the answer. He never passed judgement on others also.

I am struggling hard to get the answer for several years and I earnestly feel that I am nowhere near the answer.

You seems to have the answer and have the ability to pass judgement on others also. It is really a great thing you have achieved. Excellent thing which I admire very much.

All the best

Namassadhasae.

I am closely watching this thread. My intuition says this is from a Non-Hindu and I could easily smell the rat. Please see my above addressing. A sabhai of scholars or even otherwise 100%, need to be initially addressed as 'Vanakkam", 'Namasthe', 'anbudaiyeer' etc. Exceptions could be if the person is too competent or too aged with tank of experience etc. I am no person with any special talent to bless my audience/readers. That is why I smell a foreign matter in this thread. I am sure that there are many learned and experienced members in this thread, who will easily identify, if it is in the way my intuition says. Till a clear picture comes out, I prefer silence and keep watching, rather than arguing. Reminding myself of the proverb - 'Speech is Silver; But silence is Gold'. Hence the latter I prefer.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!"
_ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

Dear Renuka,

Can the Unknown ever be known? The strength and the love that I send you is the Mystery as It is known.

Arthur

Dear Arthur,
read this.
something i wrote long back.

THE UNKNOWN

No one really knows the unknown,
A journey towards, all eventually go,
What It beholds, remains the greatest mystery,
A search for Existence, Consciousness, Bliss.

Well enshrouded by the Cosmic Deluder,
Spun like a spider, a web of three colours,
DESTROY the BOND with the POWER of knowledge,
Emerge a chrysalis from the cocoon of ignorance.

Free to fly, like a butterfly,
Be tempted not by the flowers of desire,
Embark the journey to region of no return,
Sail the ocean of sorrow and trouble.

The road to the Unknown can never be found,
By the light all see around,
Look within, not with your eyes,
Realize the path in this play of Divine.

WHEN the journey ends, truth will dawn,
THE UNKNOWN,“You” will never EVER know,
COS’ “You” were never really “You”,
BUT all the while the Unknown too.

from Renuka

Last edited:
Arthur said in a different thread:-

“Talk is cheap, my friends.” (Who is Brahmanan, post #183).

Arthur reassured me that :-

“I wish you all the best, and have no problem answering any sincere question you may have.” (post #9 in this thread).

Arthur, I have raised my sincere concerns and sincere questions in post #7, about your opening post (post #1). By your own words, you may not have any problems addressing my sincere concerns to the satisfaction of this forum. We are eagerly waiting for the reply from you.

My Dear Renuka,

I had a feeling you would need a little more clarity on what I had said about the Unknown. So I have already prepared something for you.

The nirguna (attributeless or unconditioned) Brahman is known as the saguna (attributed or conditioned) Brahman. Understand that Brahman is both "known" and "unknown".

Also, the strength and the love that I send you does not come to you from without, outside you, but is given to you from within. You only need to be open and willing to receive it.

Please try to keep an open mind and heart.

In Divine Friendship,
Arthur

Dear Arthur,

I am glad you are teaching now not as a Bodhaka but as a Sadhaka.
Let me also contribute a little.

The upanishads elaborate on the principle of Brahman through three names:
Viraat,Hiranyagarbha and Avyaakruta .
The three forms of Divinity relate to the Sthoolam(gross),Sookshmam(subtle) and Kaaranam(cause) and to the three states of waking, dream and deep sleep.

The Atma principle which personifies the waking state is Viraat.
Viraat is the principle which manifests as the external, gross, visible world.
viraat has two other names-Vaishvanara and Vairaajasuta.
Vaishvanara is He who appears as the "I" consciousness in each individual.

The second form of Brahman is Hiranyagarbha. the basis,the source of all wisdom.
also has two other names Sutraatmaka and Praana.

Avyaakruta is the third form of Brahman.
He is absolutely formless-unmanifested.
Has two additional names-Antaraatma and Easwara.

Just to add the Niraakara manifest as Saakara in the world.
As the Upanishad says, the Jeevatma and Paramatma on the tree of this body, this world.

Two little birds,sitting one a tree,
One eats fruits and the other just sees,
One knows All but the other doesn't know,
There's only One though two are in a row.

All the input taken from Sri Sathya Sai Gita.

lots of gratitude,
Renuka

The reason all the denizens of the deep sea are happy is that they have water all around them... above, below, on all sides. They cannot survive even a second outside it. If they perforce have to come out of it, they struggle frantically to reach water again... being out of it is a disaster. So too, if you are immersed in Divine Peace, you will experience the real joy and exhilaration of that state, constantly. One who has tasted that joy and exhilaration can never tolerate even for a second, the state of asanthi (Lack of Peace). If it ever happens, he will struggle furiously and return to that state of Peace. You must not float on the upper wave of impulses or intentions...You must dive deeper and revel always at the calmer levels. This is the most urgent task.
-Divine Discourse, Prasanthi Vahini.

Dear Renuka,

Hello, again. I have written a few more words for you and all.

God is not a belief, but a fact. Once you "know" Him, beliefs will cease to exist for you.

Therefore, "know" the Truth and the Truth will set you free. Know Thyself.

God is a fact only to those who "know" Him and not to those who speculate on Him. Renuka, I "know" God.

With Power and Glory (LOVE),
Arthur

Therefore, "know" the Truth and the Truth will set you free. Know Thyself.

Dear Arthur, I am interested in knowing about the "truth" that will set me free. Would you please elaborate?

Thank you!

nara,

i am not so sure that i want to be free. i prefer bondage. so please do NOT share the truth with me.

thank you :)

Arthur boasted:-

"I have written a few more words for you and all."

No. Not for me. My sincere questions are not answered inspite of your assuring me. So far you have proven that you are only hor air (only talk), which is cheap.

Arthur said: "God is not a belief, but a fact.". But as usual, this is a cheap talk from him as he had proved so far.

Dear Arthur, I am interested in knowing about the "truth" that will set me free. Would you please elaborate?

Thank you!

Sri Nara,

I know the possible answer for you if at all you get one. "know thyself"! In other words, I will come here and blow some hot air; you have to somehow interpret some philosophy out of it and should explain it to show your understanding. In the mean while, I will sit back and enjoy the show; then come back and write some more 'from what you have already written'.
Unfortunately, some members are too narrow minded here. I am not witnessing any debate amoung the members over my 'wisdom'. :argue:

Greetings, dear Nara.

In response to your query, I will say that the "truth" must be sincerely "heard", then "reasoned" upon, and then "meditated" upon.
That is to say, the truth must be heard, understood, and then realized.

Dear friend, only a genuine guru can speak of the absolute truth. However, a Buddha is no Shankara. What school of thought do you wish to cultivate?

Arthur

Greetings, dear Nara.

In response to your query, I will say that the "truth" must be sincerely "heard", then "reasoned" upon, and then "meditated" upon.
That is to say, the truth must be heard, understood, and then realized.

Dear friend, only a genuine guru can speak of the absolute truth. However, a Buddha is no Shankara. What school of thought do you wish to cultivate?

Dear Arthur,

There are lots of gurus, each claiming to speak the absolute truth. How do I know if and when I come across a genuine guru?

Why is Buddha no Shankara? Could you please be little less enigmatic?

Waiting for your reply.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back