• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

regarding house warming ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
sir,My confusion is slightly queer.My father in law passed away on 4-4-2016.He never stayed with us.His last rites were performed by his second wife's sons even though my husband is his eldest son by his first wife.he belonged to varrier community and my MIL to iyer brahmin.My husband performed only 11th day ceremony as per varrier custom and the other family in brahmin custom.Now we have sold our house and have purchased a new flat which we plan to move in october.Can we move in by just boiling milk and perform housewarming after his varshadheergam ceremony which is on march 25th or can we perform gruhapravesam now and move in.We are confused as no one is abe to answer us properly.Please help!

Move in after march 25th any day that looks auspicious.

Get the new house ready with woodwork , kitchen work using online sites like pepperfry ,urban ladder. before that date so that interim time is not wasted.

There is no sense in being over religeous.

Upanayanam (If not done earlier) and Marriage of the person (Kartha) who is due to perform the Karmas are allowed as per Shastras and rest of the customs can wait till the annual Shraadha is done.

you have to do graha pravesam only after annual ceremony. . one auspicious day after 14th april. in chithrai month. you have purchased a flat . If your neighbers have done graha pravesam which is very adjacent to your flat you may go there.in october after doing milk boiling.only.

sir,there are 10 houses in the apartment.residents are already there.This was the last one left out.People are staying since 1 to 2 yrs there.Our buyer wants us to quit at the earliest.Is it ok to just boil milk on vijaydasami and move in on oct 27th.Please inform.we are planning to have all homas after his one year ceremony which is on march 25th after which during chithrai month after our new year we can have vaastu homa and ganapati homam etc., as per our wish

My motherinlaw stays with my brotherinlaw.Should she also move in with us after one year ceremony?Each person gives a different answer since i did not see her during the 10 day period.Thank you in advance

respects--mala ashok

After one year ceremony your mother-in-law can come and stay with you.now you can go on vijaya dasami day to your flat only with milk boiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back