• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Husband or Dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Life is all about choices!

[h=1]Woman Turns Down Arranged Marriage After Man Asks To Give Up Her Dog[/h] BY THE EARTH CHILD ADMINSEPTEMBER 14, 2016LIFESTYLE
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]by Rūta Grašytė[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When New Dehli-based Karishma Walia found out that her potential husband is not of fan of dogs and wouldn’t want one after marriage, it became clear to her that it’s going to be an issue. So she turned down the arranged marriage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Having a dog is definitely not a temporary phase. I can’t abandon my dog for anyone,” Walia told him in a Whatsapp conversation. Though the guy still tried to get her to reconsider, it didn’t work. Walia just loves her pooch, Lucy, too much and if he can’t accept that – it’s a dealbreaker! She posted the full Whatsapp conversation to Facebook, and people on the Internet have been supporting her since. Take a look below![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=3]Meet Karishma Walia – an analyst currently based in New Dehli, and her adorable pup Lucy[/h][FONT=&quot]
rejected-arranged-marriage-proposal-dog-3.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Image credits: Karishma Walia[/FONT]
[h=3]Walia recently found out that her potential husband doesn’t want to live with Lucy[/h][FONT=&quot]
rejected-arranged-marriage-proposal-dog-16.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=3]She was heavily pressured by her family – mom tried to convince her that he’s an excellent match as he’s good-looking and well-off[/h][FONT=&quot]
rejected-arranged-marriage-proposal-dog-1.jpg

[/FONT]

[h=3]The guy still tried to get her to reconsider…[/h][FONT=&quot]
rejected-arranged-marriage-proposal-dog-6.jpg

[/FONT]

[h=3]But Walia is certain that “having a dog is not a temporary phase,” and she can’t abandon [her] dog for anyone![/h][FONT=&quot]
rejected-arranged-marriage-proposal-dog-7.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Image credits: Lucy Walia[/FONT]

Last edited:
Now a days priorities are changed. Marriage is not all about finding a soul mate. Well, this one seems to be little too bit reason for a break. Would prove to be a good script for a new Hindi Movie.

I feel they made the right decision to not get married cos if anyone has experienced the love of dog you would know how heart broken one gets when a dog is sent away.

I was only 16 when my parents sent my dog away for some reasons...I cried so much and hardly ate for so long.

Then I used to think of my dog and even cry in school...then after 2 months suddenly my dog found his way back home..he was sent almost 80km away and he walked back all the way..he was so thin when he reached home and he jumped on me happily when he reached home..I hugged him and cried so much...then my parents decided not to send him away.

So the love of a dog is unique...you have to experience it to know it.

They are selfless and love with their heart.

My son did not want to get married to any girl who loves a pet dog! :D
I welcomed his decision because I am :scared: of dogs!!

One day I went to a friend's house. His daughter was holding a ferocious looking Dog by its tether and it was straining at it. And suddenly she released it. It came quickly and bit me in my finger. The friend was all apology. He assured that his dog was a clean one and I need not fear for my life. Still I went to the doctor and he gave me the mandatory ATS and anti Rabies shots. From that day I have developed a pathological dislike these animals.

So when I was looking for a suitable match for my daughter, I had to visit a prospect's home. After the preliminary greetings and taking the seat in the drawing room, we discussed for a good 15 minutes about the families, girl's and boy's interests, family backgrounds etc., and after both families had sized up each other we were about to take leave. Then The head of the hosting family asked us to wait and went into the inner room. He came out with an Alsatian dog which after stretching itself was staring at us for a few seconds and then let out a bow wow. Then it started straining at the tether which was held by the host. As old memories flashed through my mental screen, I was cursing myself for what I had got into. The man said the Dog was a most important member of his family and the dog let out another bow wow as if in affirmation. I made the instant decision that that boy was not going to be my son in law.

Last edited:
Dog is a domestic animal and is kept mainly for security..For some it is a fashion...For others it is a matter of prestige! But the nuisance they create for neighbors is unbearable! And they require an exclusive budget of Rs 3000 to Rs 8000 per month to manage their food, medicines, Doctor visits for mandatory vaccinations & for sickness, accessories like chain, belt, dress etc! Some have 2-3 dogs & there is an exclusive servant to manage dogs!!

Most of the Indian dog owners and parents, do not know that dogs or children need to be trained. There are proper etiquette, some people are allergic to animals. I hate dog inside the house, because of hygiene. I love animals and volunteer at an animal shelter.
Anybody who has a dog must watch "Dog whisperer".

To establish yourself as the pack leader, you must project calm, assertive energy. Think of it as a perfectly balanced set of scales. On one side is your calm and assertive leadership; on the other is your dog's calm and submissive behavior. This balance nurtures stability and creates a centered and happy dog.
We can learn and practice projecting calm and assertive energy by using a natural ability that dogs don't have ' our imaginations. Think of someone who inspires confidence in you ' a parent or mentor; a famous leader or hero; even a fictional character. How do they carry themselves, and what in them inspires confidence in you? Now imagine that you are this character. Stand like they would stand. Move like they would move. Take slow, deep breaths. Relax your body, but keep your head up, shoulders back and chest out.
Note how you're feeling. Then practice capturing this state during the day with your dog. Don't be surprised if your dog spontaneously sits next to or follows behind you wherever you go. It's because you're communicating with your dog using only your energy and body language. Now you're ready to continue the 'conversation' with your dog in a balanced way.
Projecting calm, assertive energy isn't a new skill to be learned. It's a natural human trait to be remembered, and mastering it will bring your relationship with your dog to a whole new level.

If you can not be trained, you must not be a dog owner.

https://www.cesarsway.com/

There are many married women who are aged and prefer living with a dog than husband.

I had one relative who lived alone with stray dog [one which had littered] and her husband found it impossible to live with her and stayed away from her.

Dogs have a way of being faithful to those who feed them.

Most relatives would not like to visit her as her house was ill kept because of the dog.

I am lucky to get a match for my son from a family which does not have pet dogs.

So far so good; but if my grand kids start having pet dogs, which has a remote chance,

I will not dare to visit Boston any more! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back