• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What are the sins one will face if he kills a brahmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why who is planning to commit Brahmana Hatya?LOL..just kidding.

Well Indian government faces torture in hell then cos they hung Naturam Godase..a Brahmin.

What are the sins one will face if he kills a Brahmin? What sort of punishment he undergoes while at naraka?

Where did you hear about sins? Was it on a Abrahamic worship place?
If you believe in the limited God of other religion, then only you will suffer in hell or heaven. If you are Hindu and believe in rebirth, there is no permanent Hell or Heaven.

By law of the land you would have same punishment for killing a human being.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I will never advocate killing. This is just a reply in jest.

Dear Sir,

There is only pain and no gain in killing a brahmin. If someone has to be killed, it is better that be a person who is sitting on a lot of money.

What are the sins one will face if he kills a Brahmin? What sort of punishment he undergoes while at naraka?
hi

who is the REAL BRAHMIN?.....BY BIRTH?....BY GUNA?......BY KRIYA?.....then we can decide about punishment....

ஓர் அந்தணனைக் கொல்வதே மிகப் பெரிய பாவம் ஆகும். இந்தப் பாவத்தைச் செய்தவன் இலைகள், சருகுகள், உலர்ந்த புல் போன்றவற்றால் ஒரு குடிசை அமைத்து அதில் பன்னிரண்டு ஆண்டுகள் வசிக்க வேண்டும். () சாகும் வரை உண்ணாவிரதம் இருக்க வேண்டும். () மலையிலிருந்து கீழே குதித்துத் தற்கொலை செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டும். தீக்குளித்தல் () நீரில் மூழ்கி இறத்தலும் பிராயச்சித்தமாகும்.
சில சமயம் பிராமணப் பண்டிதர்களுக்கு உணவளித்தல் போன்ற சாதாரண தண்டனைகளும் உண்டு. கங்கை, யமுனை, சரசுவதி சந்திக்கும் திரிவேணி சங்கமம் ஒரு புனித தீர்த்தத் தலமாகும். ஒருவன் மூன்று இரவு, மூன்று பகல் இதில் நீராடி உபவாசம் இருப்பதாலும் மேற்கூரிய பாவத்துக்குப் பரிகாரம் () பிராயச் சித்தம் ஆகும். தங்கத்தைத் திருடும் ஒரு பிராமணனை மன்னன் கதையால் அடித்து, பன்னிரண்டு ஆண்டுகள் குடிசையில் வாழ்வது ஒரு பரிகாரம் ஆகும். ஒரு குடிகாரனுக்கு உரிய பிராயச் சித்தமாக சூடான ஒயினைக் குடித்தலும், அத்துடன் பால், நெய், () கோமியம் குடித்தல். ஒரு புனித தீர்த்தத்தில் ஒருவன் மரணமடைந்தால் அவனுடைய பாவங்களுக்கு அதுவே பரிகாரம் ஆகும்.

Source Garuda puranam

18 புராணங்களில் ஒன்றான கருட புராணம் Part 02 by swaminathan20 dtd 1.9.16
ஓர்
அந்தணனைக்கொல்வதேமிகப்பெரியபாவம்ஆகும். இந்தப்பாவத்தைச்செய்தவன்இலைகள், சருகுகள், உலர்ந்தபுல்போன்றவற்றால்ஒருகுடிசை அமைத்துஅதில்பன்னிரண்டுஆண்டுகள்வசிக்கவேண்டும். () சாகும்வரைஉண்ணாவிரதம்இருக்கவேண்டும். () மலையிலிருந்துகீழேகுதித்துத்தற்கொலைசெய்துகொள்ளவேண்டும். தீக்குளித்தல் () நீரில்மூழ்கிஇறத்தலும்பிராயச்சித்தமாகும்.
சிலசமயம்பிராமணப்பண்டிதர்களுக்குஉணவளித்தல்போன்றசாதாரணதண்டனைகளும்உண்டு. கங்கை, யமுனை, சரசுவதிசந்திக்கும்திரிவேணிசங்கமம்ஒருபுனிததீர்த்தத்தலமாகும். ஒருவன்மூன்றுஇரவு, மூன்றுபகல்இதில்நீராடிஉபவாசம்இருப்பதாலும்மேற்கூரியபாவத்துக்குப்பரிகாரம் () பிராயச்சித்தம்ஆகும். தங்கத்தைத்திருடும்ஒருபிராமணனைமன்னன்கதையால்அடித்து, பன்னிரண்டுஆண்டுகள்குடிசையில்வாழ்வதுஒருபரிகாரம்ஆகும். ஒருகுடிகாரனுக்குஉரியபிராயச்சித்தமாகசூடானஒயினைக் குடித்தலும், அத்துடன்பால், நெய், () கோமியம்குடித்தல். ஒருபுனிததீர்த்தத்தில்ஒருவன்மரணமடைந்தால்அவனுடையபாவங்களுக்குஅதுவேபரிகாரம்ஆகும்.
@tbs--answer to you by birth
A request to members--kindly login to hinduism stack exchange and view the questions and answers.

I wanted every member of this site to read Garuda Puranam. Hence I asked that question.
Garuda puranam should not be read as a story book.

There are specific days to read it, and the Tamil version of the book gives the details of the days.

Originally Posted by Raji Ram

Garuda puranam should not be read as a story book.

There are specific days to read it, and the Tamil version of the book gives the details of the days.

When somebody in the family is in death bed we should read as per the purana. Simply read for your knowledge sake .

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by imrps

I wanted every member of this site to read Garuda Puranam. Hence I asked that question.

Garuda Puranam was written to induce fear in humans so that they would behave.So should be read with heaps of salt.

Yes..I am sure most of us have read it as general knowledge.

Each religion has their own method to induce fear of sin and to confer rewards for merit..just like a Jihadist is entitled to 72 Virgins in heaven if he commits Jihad..even if a Brahmana is killed in his Jihad he still gets 72 virgins.

When somebody in the family is in death bed we should read as per the purana. Simply read for your knowledge sake .

The last time when someone close to me was in death bed I read Narayana Upanishad for him..why read Garuda Purana to scare a person and hasten his death?

At least by hearing Narayana in his last days he would feel peaceful.

It is not to induce fear. It is not a myth also. Many people argue on this point fearing about atma after death. Can you substantiate it is a myth?

I have heard that Garuda purana should be read within ten days, AFTER the death of a person in the family.

But, the Tamil book, which I bought last year, has given a few more auspicious days for reading.

Earlier, I have read it twice when I lost my loving dad and my dear m. i. l.

Instead of reading Purana written after Christ, which might have the influence of Abrahamic religions, it might be Bhagavat Gita.

Last edited:
It is not to induce fear. It is not a myth also. Many people argue on this point fearing about atma after death. Can you substantiate it is a myth?

I did not say its a myth...all I said its induces fear and frankly like what Prasad Ji said..its very Abrahamic ..was it written after Christ?

Cos since I subscribe to the concept of Karma I do not feel the concept of a torturing hell exists as in Garuda Puranam.

But right now I am still alive...lets wait till I die..only then I would know if Garuda Purana is true!LOL

As a matter of curiousity,do you know someone who offers his services for reading Garuda purana for a dying person.

Is it offered as a commercial service?

It appears weird that it is read to someone dying instead of reviving him thru medical means

It is evident from the replies that people do not believe in Garuda purana....Medical can extend life to some months or some year only. It brigs more disease to the body.The jeevatma will suffer s per karmic law. To prevent that garuda purana advises us. It is up to you.

As a matter of curiousity,do you know someone who offers his services for reading Garuda purana for a dying person.

Ha Ha opened a new job opportunity Krish ji? " Anniyan" would like to apply LOL..

So far, I have NOT heard of anyone reading Garuda Purana near a dying person! :nono:

Some slokA chanting is done; there are some electronic devices which repeatedly chant
God's names. We had such a device to chant Rama nAmA, near my mother's death bed. :pray2:

Originally Posted by krish44 As a matter of curiousity,do you know someone who offers his services for reading Garuda purana for a dying person.

You have to red on your own. By the way if we start services will let you know. It is purely commercial. You cannot afford our fees!!!!!

Raji Ram
So far, I have NOT heard of anyone reading Garuda Purana near a dying person

You have not heard. What can I do for that? When a person is in death bed garuda puranam should be read silently by sitting besides him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back