• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

If hell exists on Earth, it's Delhi: Why John Kerry's boat remark after rains is just

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

For rain.... John Kerry jokes at IIT on Delhi: "You must have needed boats"

Imagine flood situation at Delhi......!!

If hell exists on Earth, it's Delhi: Why John Kerry's boat remark after rains is justified

Gar jahannam, ruhe zamin ast, hami asto, hamin asto, hamin ast.

John Kerry's visit to Delhi is ending the way it started: in a traffic jam, praying for a boat, living a nightmare in a jahannam (hell) called Delhi.

On Monday, on his way to a hotel from the airport, the US secretary of State was stuck for almost an hour in traffic due to waterlogged roads. On Wednesday, his address to students of IIT-Delhi was delayed by an hour because of an early morning deluge.

"I don't know how you all got here, you must have needed boats to get here," he said.

The US Secretary of State also had to cancel his scheduled trip to three religious sites in the capital after it rained ferociously on Wednesday morning, according to The Times of India.

He must have been wondering if instead of a strategic alliance with India for use of the country's airbases, the US might have been better off striking a deal for allowing visiting dignitaries to use submarines for navigating through Delhi.

Mughal emperor Jahangir once claimed if paradise exists on Earth, it has to be Kashmir. Had he lived long enough, or born in a different age, he would have argued that if hell existed on Earth, hami asto, hami asto (here) in Delhi.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/if-h...-remark-after-rains-is-justified-2984538.html

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]I think the situation is not as bad as 2010 when the entire common wealth games village got submerged. Water logging were comparatively low this time and was cleared quicker than the earlier experience.[/FONT]

With every downpour we curse the weather! This is our usual predicament in NCR! We are so used to it!! John Kerry has only highlighted an issue which is known to every one!! As usual we are waiting for the Superman to fix this!!

With every downpour we curse the weather! This is our usual predicament in NCR! We are so used to it!! John Kerry has only highlighted an issue which is known to every one!! As usual we are waiting for the Superman to fix this!!
hi

nobody can fix it....its part of daily life....we have to go through it...not only NCR....many metros are same in monsoon....

either mumbai/chennai/kolkata are same....but some times some are worst.....luckily other three metros are having sea shore...

but delhi has only solution yamuna....

hi

nobody can fix it....its part of daily life....we have to go through it...not only NCR....many metros are same in monsoon....

either mumbai/chennai/kolkata are same....but some times some are worst.....luckily other three metros are having sea shore...

but delhi has only solution yamuna....

The same Yamuna can be a problem when the barrages are opened in Haryana after some heavy rains in upper region of Himachal

True..Yamuna is most polluted river..We are responsible for this pathetic state..It get life only during monsoon!
hi

most east delhi slums occupied yamuna during summer....ALL NALAS IN DELHI LEADS TO YAMUNA

hi

most east delhi slums occupied yamuna during summer....ALL NALAS IN DELHI LEADS TO YAMUNA

We have to learn a lesson from Egypt! Go & see the River Nile & how people in Cairo are respecting it! We say our rivers are Goddesses but we tarnish them with filth...

We have to learn a lesson from Egypt! Go & see the River Nile & how people in Cairo are respecting it! We say our rivers are Goddesses but we tarnish them with filth...
hi

we say something....we act differnently.....NILE IS LIFE LINE OF EGYPT.....OTHER WISE EGYPT IS ANOTHER SAHARA DESERT....

Yamuna is just a kilometre from my flat in east delhi. Ground floor one.

Only once in 1986 , yamuna level rose enough to raise almost upto the top of the bund.

It was because the opposition govt in haryana -Devi lal govt I think, released water to save crops there and he did it without warning.

It was a great event.

All locals [including women in maxis] were on the roads next to the bund to see so much water.

there was a carnival atmosphere.

Delhi people are spirited . They enjoy lightning , thunder , rains and floods.

yesterday was good fun.

Day before It was morning hour rains . So there was too much dislocation. Yesterday , I went around town crossing yamuna at peak our of 10am . Not very difficult.

Motor cyclists took shelter due to rain . Cars had a smooth time.

In fact I could commute faster than normal.

hi

even i can see from my flat in east delhi....its just walkable distance......we called MACCHAR VIHAR.......becos of yamuna canal

we have a lot of mosquitos in our area.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back