• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
All look alike...How will they ensure that it does not get mixed...Will they remember the location...Can we Hindus adopt this?

Cq2ChICXEAANKq0.jpg

Source:Twitter @ Ramani_Iyer

Why not?

In Kerala temples, all mAmAs come with bare chest, not worrying about the size of their thoppai!! :thumb:

Of course, it is difficult to make them uniform in size and shape!! :D

All look alike...How will they ensure that it does not get mixed...Will they remember the location...Can we Hindus adopt this?

Cq2ChICXEAANKq0.jpg

Source:Twitter @ Ramani_Iyer

In our temple we have shelves built to put the shoes in, but for some reason, they leave on the ground jumbled up.
The management warned, and put up sign to no avail. Finally one manager had enough. He collected all shoes on the ground in a trashcan, and let them sift through to find their shoes. People were upset, but the public supported the manager. Now all shoes are neatly arranged in the shelves.

Discipline has to be learned and enforced.

hi

discipline comes from heart....teaching/training for limited period...but following from heart...not by force...

OMG! I missed to note the foot ware, after seeing the beauty of the same sized monks! :D

Indians are the SAME even after shifting to the U S of A. I too notice the unconcerned

behavior, while leaving the foot ware in the place allotted for these.

BTW, in Vadapalani, there is a free service to keep the foot ware in shelves. Two guys

are in that room to collect and give them back. There is a provision to wash our hands,

after handing them over. Cool, right?

I usually park my car nearby any temple and walk barefoot from car..so that I would not lose my footwear.

OMG! I missed to note the foot ware, after seeing the beauty of the same sized monks! :D

Indians are the SAME even after shifting to the U S of A. I too notice the unconcerned

behavior, while leaving the foot ware in the place allotted for these.

BTW, in Vadapalani, there is a free service to keep the foot ware in shelves. Two guys

are in that room to collect and give them back. There is a provision to wash our hands,

after handing them over. Cool, right?

Earlier in kalyana mandapam too people use to leave the chappal outside...Nowadays they wear it till the Muhurtam stage..They leave it below & keep an eye on that! People care for their footwear more now!!

Last edited:

Lowly ants exhibiting orderliness..... marching like soldiers… we need to learn discipline from them.

1396941856_1599playschools-teach-effective-discipline.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha Ha...thats becos you were dreaming of the Topless Thopai Maamas!LOL

Why Toples Thoppai Maamas!!

[h=1]Topless protesters bare breasts in push forwomen's rights[/h][FONT=&quot]It is reported that [/FONT]women around theUS were taking off their tops on Sunday to mark GoTopless Day, a day that seeksto promote gender equality and a woman’s right to bare her breasts in public.

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/28/topless-protesters-womens-rights-new-york-city
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Why Toples Thoppai Maamas!!

Topless protesters bare breasts in push forwomen's rights

It is reported that women around theUS were taking off their tops on Sunday to mark GoTopless Day, a day that seeksto promote gender equality and a woman’s right to bare her breasts in public.

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/28/topless-protesters-womens-rights-new-york-city

Dear Sir,

Topless females have only breasts to bare.

Topless Mamas have both Man Boobs and Thoppais to bare.

Surely my vote is for Topless Thoppai Mamas!LOL

Lowly ants exhibiting orderliness..... marching like soldiers… we need to learn discipline from them.

1396941856_1599playschools-teach-effective-discipline.jpg

Dear Sir,

Ants are not lowly.

They are also God's creatures...in creation there is no high or no low..only humans grade themselves falsely.

Doctor Mam,

I would like to share these article in reply:

Importance of Human Life By Adi Sankaracharya - Vivekachudamani

maxresdefault.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiXr0_I9QI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Preciousness of Our Human Life
by Kamala Masters

One was by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, and it added tremendous value to my daily practice:

“Ask yourself how many of the billions of the inhabitants of the planet have any idea of how rare it is to have been born as a human being.

How many of those who understand the rarity of human birth ever think of even using that chance to practice the Dharma?

How many of those who think of practice actually do practice? How many of those who start really continue?

How many of those who practice continue and attain ultimate realization?

Indeed those who attain ultimate realization compared to those who do not are as few as the stars you can see at daybreak.

As long as you fail to recognize the true value of human existence, you will just fritter your life away in futile activity and distraction.

When life comes all too soon to its inevitable end, you will not have achieved anything worthwhile at all.

But once you really see the unique opportunity that human life can bring, you will definitely direct all your energy into reaping its true worth"

Courtesy: http://vipassanametta.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/The-Preciousness-of-Our-Human-Life.pdf

Dear Sir,

Topless females have only breasts to bare.

Topless Mamas have both Man Boobs and Thoppais to bare.

Surely my vote is for Topless Thoppai Mamas!LOL

Doctor Mam,

It is said that opposite do attract....

OppositesAtrract_colour5.png

Source: google images

Doctor Mam,

I would like to share these article in reply:

Importance of Human Life By Adi Sankaracharya - Vivekachudamani

maxresdefault.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiXr0_I9QI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Preciousness of Our Human Life
by Kamala Masters

One was by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, and it added tremendous value to my daily practice:

“Ask yourself how many of the billions of the inhabitants of the planet have any idea of how rare it is to have been born as a human being.

How many of those who understand the rarity of human birth ever think of even using that chance to practice the Dharma?

How many of those who think of practice actually do practice? How many of those who start really continue?

How many of those who practice continue and attain ultimate realization?

Indeed those who attain ultimate realization compared to those who do not are as few as the stars you can see at daybreak.

As long as you fail to recognize the true value of human existence, you will just fritter your life away in futile activity and distraction.

When life comes all too soon to its inevitable end, you will not have achieved anything worthwhile at all.

But once you really see the unique opportunity that human life can bring, you will definitely direct all your energy into reaping its true worth"

Courtesy: http://vipassanametta.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/The-Preciousness-of-Our-Human-Life.pdf

Dear Sir,

Previously too I used to think that human life is Precious etc but now I think differently...I feel all creatures human or non human including Peis and Pisasus have their rightful place in existence.

I personally do not feel any one species is higher up than another becos without each other existence itself would not be possible.

By thinking too highly of our human race that is when all problem starts.

I for sure would not want to deny that we too are animals..how much we try to deny it we cant run away from that fact.

We are conceived..born..grow..reproduce..age and die like any other species...so technically there is nothing really to shout about being human besides the fact we are the only species that keeps bragging about ourselves.

Dharma is almost never followed ONLY by humans..anyway at times I feel obsession with Dharma too is unhealthy.

Actually the less we use our brain is better!LOL

Shifting of the chaff from the grain.....

Importance of Human Birth

swamiji.jpg

Sri Sathya Sai Baba has said:

"A human birth is the most sacred one among the 84 lakhs (840,000) of different living beings in this creation. To attain such a sacred birth is a great fortune, indeed." (Baba the Breath of Sai, pag. 311)

"The traditional number of created beings is 84 lakhs, and man is the final item of the evolutionary procession; but, why did the number stop at 84 lakhs? It stopped because man is the zenith, the fullness; he is Maadhava in fact, though he has ignored the truth and holds fast to the belief that he is just a man. He is endowed with manas, buddhi, chiththa and ahamkaara (mind, intelligence, reasoning fac lty and ego), all four, in an integrated personality, whereas the birds and beasts and all other species have mostly ahamkaaram (ego) alone. The lives of the later are centred round the aham and its desires and demands. But, man has the capacity to follow sathya, dharma, shaanthi and prema; man alone has it. If he does not evince that capacity and develop it, he is as bad as a vaanara or a daanava (ape or ogre). When man was created, there remained nothing higher to create." (SSS Vol. 6-15)

"Having taken birth thousand and thousand of cores of times, as a result of the accumulated merits, at some time the being gets the human birth. Having obtained the human birth which is difficult to get and which is like a step to Liberation who is more sinful than him who does not uplift himself." (Garuda Purana and Sai Teachings, Path to Liberation, pag. 29)

"Man is the most sacred of all the animals. To be born as a man is an extraordinary gift. Therefore, man must use this life of his in a purposeful manner. The disciples of Sankara (Lord Shiva) have pointed out that man remains in a miserable state in the womb of the mother during this cycle of birth and death. He gets some relief from such suffering after his birth. Therefore, he must make life a sacred one." (Baba the Breath of Sai, pag. 108)

"Man alone has the chance to liberate himself from the wheel of birth and death, through the pleasant means of serving God. But as a result of ignorance, or what is worse, perversity, he lets the opportunity slip from his hands, and suffers grief and pain, fear and anxiety, ad infinitum." (SSS Vol. VI, pag. 60)

Below is an extract from Shri Sai Satcharitra, Chap. VII.

(www.saibaba.org/satcharitra/sai8.htm)

Importance of Human Birth

Read more at:
http://www.saibaba.ws/teachings/humanbirth.htm

There will have to be rigid and iron discipline before we achieve anything great and enduring, and that discipline will not come by mere academic argument and appeal to reason and logic. Discipline is learnt in the school of adversity.

-Mahatma Gandhi

How true!

I have naturally formed the habit of restraining my thoughts. A thoughtless word hardly ever escaped my tongue or pen. Experience has taught me that silence is part of the spiritual discipline of a votary of truth. We find so many people impatient to talk. All this talking can hardly be said to be of any benefit to the world. It is so much waste of time. My shyness has been in reality my shield and buckler. It has allowed me to grow. It has helped me in my discernment of truth.

- Mahatma Gandhi

Dear VB sir,

I still feel there is nothing to brag about being human.

Its humans that need to be guided..its humans that need to be shaped...they got astray so easily,they become puffed up with pride so easily,
they are bunch of fools who think no end of themselves.

They feel they are highest in the evolution scale but yet an animal does not even need religion to behave.

My vote is for all the Jantus....in fact in my next birth I would like to be a single cell amoeba.

Why seek liberation or heaven?

What if I land up with all boring people in heaven?OMG! I would die again and again!LOL

Last edited:
Dear VB sir,

I still feel there is nothing to brag about being human.

Its humans that need to be guided..its humans that need to be shaped...they got astray so easily,they become puffed up with pride so easily,
they are bunch of fools who think no end of themselves.

They feel they are highest in the evolution scale but yet an animal does not even need religion to behave.

My vote is for all the Jantus....in fact in my next birth I would like to be a single cell amoeba.

Why seek liberation or heaven?

What if I land up with all boring people in heaven?OMG! I would die again and again!LOL

Doctor Mam,

There is lot to brag about being human

I think you are looking at things in coloured glass.

You cannot compare human with animals. God created human with lot of talents and those who misuse the talents may be fools.

Human birth is indeed a gift and in fact a blessing.

I have already cited the essence of preaching by great saints that being born as human being is precious.

Of course if you don’t agree with that, that is left to you.

You are entitled to your opinion.

While you see fools who misuse the god given brain and other talents, I see everyone as good natured and serving the society which amounts to erving the God.

Try to see things in proper perspective Madam.

Just read on the other day that in God’s creation there are innumerable forms of life, but as per great philosopher Adi Sankara, only chosen few are born as HUMANS repeat only chosen ones.

Though they are born as humans, a majority may be asleep to the reality of human nature.

Saint Vivekananda said ‘Arise, awake and stop not until the goal is reached’ and the goal /aim should be for liberation from the bondage of material earthly desires, upholding dharma and values of life.

The world is a stage or a journey, a temporary one and are supposed to lead a peaceful life during this birth with the sole object of ‘Live and let live’, be good and do good, service to public etc etc

Just like washing the dirty dress every day, one is also supposed to clean his mind from impurities by praying, medication, yoga and chanting divine names of God and stay tuned to the God. At last try to attain moksha.

“When you were born, you cried while the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way that when you die, the world cries while you rejoice.”
— Ancient Sanskrit saying

meaning-of-life-8-638.jpg

Source: Googe images.

Thank God for creating me as a human being, I realise the sacresness of this and I pray God to bless me with all rich gifts of love, power and wisdom.

Om Shanti, Shanti Shanti

My answers in BLUE Sir...

Doctor Mam,

There is lot to brag about being human

This is what I am talking about..why brag? If we truly know our worth we wont brag cos bragging is a hall mark of an under developed consciousness.

I think you are looking at things in coloured glass.

If I was looking tru tinted lenses I would have painted a rosy picture..so nope..my lenses are not tinted.

You cannot compare human with animals. God created human with lot of talents and those who misuse the talents may be fools.

I still feel we humans are part animal...no use denying it..in fact the part animal of me is what makes me closer to Divine..cos animals are innocent and honest.

Its the animal in me that retains some amount of innocence and honesty..if we were 100% human..even demons would fear us cos there is nothing worse that a human's mind that has lost its innocence and honesty.

Human birth is indeed a gift and in fact a blessing.

I consider it evolution..everyone evolves into different life forms. As simple as that.
There is no blessing cos we are bound by Karma.

Karma does not curse and neither does it blesses...Karma is neutral.

I have already cited the essence of preaching by great saints that being born as human being is precious.

Of course if you don’t agree with that, that is left to you.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Yes...I know when you pasted all the saying you would have felt I might agree.

But I can totally understand why Saints preach to us about human life being sacred etc..They have no choice..they have to give Pep talk so that humans do temporarily feel elated about themselves and attempt to improve themselves.

I will give you an example...when I first joined up as an intern one of the Consultants asked us..Which profession in the world requires the highest degree of intelligence?

Many of us said Nuclear Scientists,Inventors, Physicists etc.

The consultant scolded all of us and called us Bloody Fools!

He said most intelligent are doctors!

Most of us started laughing!

He was what useless doctors are you people.

But the truth is we felt he was was thinking too mighty of himself.

But from a different point of view he was trying to instill some confidence in us but I guess none of us felt we needed false confidence..we preferred the truth.

So likewise Sir...we can only sugar coat words to make humans feel better..truth can even break down a person..but I prefer the truth at least for me.

Cos with Truth the ego shatters too.

While you see fools who misuse the god given brain and other talents, I see everyone as good natured and serving the society which amounts to erving the God.

I do not see people as evil but frankly speaking its hard to even know our own nature..so its even harder to actually know the nature of others.
Good natured of bad natured..its just different expressions of the human mind..both have motives..on a larger scale it might not even differ cos no one is truly divine nor anyone totally evil.

Try to see things in proper perspective Madam.

Yes...I do..I prefer hard core truth not just placing myself on some imaginary pedestal.

Just read on the other day that in God’s creation there are innumerable forms of life, but as per great philosopher Adi Sankara, only chosen few are born as HUMANS repeat only chosen ones.

Its not a chosen few if we believe in Karma..we chose our destiny by our actions.

Though they are born as humans, a majority may be asleep to the reality of human nature.

The human mind has its own Circardian Rhythm...we choose to be awake to acts that delights our senses and choose to be asleep to acts that dulls our senses.

Thinking that we humans are a chosen lot itself is nothing but delighting the senses!

Saint Vivekananda said ‘Arise, awake and stop not until the goal is reached’ and the goal /aim should be for liberation from the bondage of material earthly desires, upholding dharma and values of life.

The world is a stage or a journey, a temporary one and are supposed to lead a peaceful life during this birth with the sole object of ‘Live and let live’, be good and do good, service to public etc etc

Just like washing the dirty dress every day, one is also supposed to clean his mind from impurities by praying, medication, yoga and chanting divine names of God and stay tuned to the God. At last try to attain moksha.

This is what I mean..the human species is a species that needs so much external influence to be good.

Animals just know how to behave..but a human seldom knows.

Animals do not need religion yet they stay within their Nature.

“When you were born, you cried while the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way that when you die, the world cries while you rejoice.”
— Ancient Sanskrit saying

When a person is born he/she cries for the lungs to expand to start breathing.

When he/she dies the lungs stop functioning.

Thats all there is...others cry after we die becos they only miss the body..ask them to jump in the funeral pyre almost everyone would run...so die alone..do not care why others cry for you.No one really cries for anyone..its just personal attachment.

Source: Googe images.

Thank God for creating me as a human being, I realise the sacresness of this and I pray God to bless me with all rich gifts of love, power and wisdom.

Om Shanti, Shanti Shanti

I thank God for entire creation..for everyone and everything is equal in the eyes of God.

Last edited:
SaiInspires_4.jpg

The food we eat determines the smell of the belch that follows. The taste of bread that we prepare depends on the kind of flour we use. If you sow seeds in an infertile land, they will not sprout and yield a rich harvest. So also in a person who has dull or evil (rajasic) qualities in their heart, virtuous and pious qualities like worshipping the Lord or compassion cannot flourish. It is therefore necessary for a person to do such things through which the field of their heart can be purified and cleansed. Therefore take courage and move forward on the noble path in the journey of life. The kind of work we engage in will determine the kind of fruits that we get. Hence Lord Krishna has taught in the Gita that the purity of work (karma) is extremely important. Remember God never teaches or does something which does not have deeper spiritual meaning for our well-being.
[SIZE=-1]- Summer Roses on Blue Mountains 1976, Ch 10.[/SIZE]

Doctor Mam,

I go by this posting of yours in the other thread.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back