• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What has the SC to do with height of Dahi handi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC is unnecessarily poking its nose into Hindu functions and traditions! It should keep away from such stuff!! Why play with Hindu emotions?

Cqc609PWIAAox6t.jpg

Yes you are absolutely right, Ganesh, almost each and every popular hindu events are under SC scanner, Jallikkattu there is a ban, Sabarimala - there is an intervention from SC, Shanisingnapur intervention is there, Caparisoned Parades of elephants in Kerala there is an intervention, fire crackers with hindu festivals there is an intervention there were some references on Kumbh melas were also there.. I think no other religious faith in India faces so much of legal obstructions these days.

SC is unnecessarily poking its nose into Hindu functions and traditions! It should keep away from such stuff!! Why play with Hindu emotions?

Cqc609PWIAAox6t.jpg
hi

for other religions....there is some top authority to decide.....like pope/khaji etc.......i hinduism no single superority.....

so anybody can decide anything.....other reason...may be.... they have a lot of spare time with spare judges for hinduism....

I know we are on a predominantly Hindu site.

Don't you think Sc has a duty from public safety standpoint has to take a position.
I do not have any examples of them putting any restriction on other religious practice.
But Sc has and is interfering on cases brought to it. May be other religious practice are not being questioned. SC is not a foreign entity with an agenda to destroy Hinduism. Please do not destroy the institution just because it is not tilted towards your point of view. By destroying national institutions (or discrediting) you are destroying the nation.
Institutions are an easy target, we see that is exactly what happening in USA. It is like Trump says that if he loses then system is rigged, if he is elected it will be dictatorship. Just for immediate satisfaction of your fad do not disparage the institution, It is an august body improve it, but do not disparage it.

Shayara Banu’s fight against triple talaq, the 35-year-old who recently moved SC seeking a ban on instantaneous triple talaq. She thus becomes the first Muslim woman to challenge a personal law practice, citing her fundamental rights.

An online petition against triple talaq has been signed by 50,000 Muslim men and women across the country.

The wheels of justice turns very slowly in India.

I do not support a separate personal law based on religion. There should be one uniform civil code for India.

SC Refuses Human Pyramids Beyond 20 Feet for Janmashtami Celebrations
IndiaAugust 24, 2016, 8:34 pm
The Supreme court on Wednesday refused to allow human pyramids taller than 20 feet on the occasion of Dahi Handi. The Apex Court was hearing a plea against its earlier order where it upheld the Bombay High Court's decision to cap the height of human Pyramids at 20 feet for Janmashtami celebrations.
http://www.news18.com/videos/india/...eet-for-janmashtami-celebrations-1285107.html

The organizing committee has decided to go against the SC order, and there by setting up a confrontation. Of corse no one cares about the welfare of the children. Human life that too of Hindu children, will be sacrificed at the alter of "hindu Culture".

Last edited:
Vganeji,
I think your party rules at the center and most of the states. If they want to stop such behaviour it can be easily done. One can file a court case and bring to to SC. Unless we bring it to SC we will never know how they rule.

BJP has been belly aching since its inception about these social issues. It was in opposition and had a readymade excuses. Now it is in power and still has not brought any earth shaking reform to India. No solution to Kashmir problem, no action on Uniform Civil Code, ETC. It still uses the wedge issue to inflame the society with cow protection or some other issues to flame some section of Hindus to Hate Dalits, or muslims etc.

Last edited:
Vganeji,
I think your party rules at the center and most of the states. If they want to stop such behaviour it can be easily done. One can file a court case and bring to to SC. Unless we bring it to SC we will never know how they rule.

BJP has been belly aching since its inception about these social issues. It was in opposition and had a readymade excuses. Now it is in power and still has not brought any earth shaking reform to India. No solution to Kashmir problem, no action on Uniform Civil Code, ETC. It still uses the wedge issue to inflame the society with cow protection or some other issues to flame some section of Hindus to Hate Dalits, or muslims etc.
Why my party?? May be your party (GOP) tries to keep these issues on the boil to milk M votes!

Yes you are absolutely right, Ganesh, almost each and every popular hindu events are under SC scanner, Jallikkattu there is a ban, Sabarimala - there is an intervention from SC, Shanisingnapur intervention is there, Caparisoned Parades of elephants in Kerala there is an intervention, fire crackers with hindu festivals there is an intervention there were some references on Kumbh melas were also there.. I think no other religious faith in India faces so much of legal obstructions these days.

Bombay HC verdict on Haji Ali is expected today - Just out HC Verdict - Allows women -

MUMBAI: Not only dahi handis, the law too was broken on Thursday. Many mandals flouted the Supreme Court's curbs on height of human pyramids and participation of minors. Though celebrations in Mumbai were relatively low-key, Thane, a hotbed of politically backed handis, presented a sharp contrast, with multiple violations of the 20-foot limit on height and children being included in pyramids despite the apex court barring those below 18 from taking part.

Two children--12-yearold Sujal Ghadapkar from Ulhasnagar and 9-year-old Dhiraj Male from Kandivli--are battling for life after suffering serious head injuries. Both fell from the sixth tier of the pyramid.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/2-kids-battle-for-life-after-falling-as-dahi-handis-defy-SC/articleshow/53866050.cms

I suppose SC was trying to save these kids. I hope the organizers are arrested for attempted Homicide (it will not happen). I hope the supporter of such stupidity understand why SC has to intervene as they are the only ADULT in the country where a minority of religious bigots and idiots carry out stupid acts.

Thursday evening, Naupada police , who had videographed the event, registered a case against MNS organizers Avinash Jadhav and Abhijeet Jadhav and booked them under Sections 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide), 336 (endangering life or personal safety of others) and 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the Indian Penal Code after analysing videos of the event.

Raj Thackeray's MNS had offered Rs 11 lakh in prize money to any team that formed nine layers at its Bhagwati Maidan event. Jai Jawan claimed the prize.

Avinash Jadhav, Thane MNS chief, was berated by police for wearing a T-shirt that read, "Yes I will break the law."

Last edited:
The way you have phrased your comment is seriously questionable.
["SC is unnecess .... emotions?" etc]
The Highest Court of our land does not normally take suo motu ["on its own"] actions. In Maharashtra especially, there have been scores of cases where the children that climbed up the Dahi Handi [children being lightweight, unlike grown-ups] tumbled down and got themselves seriously injured. [See "Dahi Handi Accidents: YouTube"] Moreover, till sometime back, a game of "oneupmanship" had started in various Dahi Handi festivals ... where every other Dahi Handi Samithi kept on increasing the height [4-floor height/5-floor height/7-floor height etc.] without a thought as to how they'd address possible injury to the children taking such serious risks, mainly on prodding from other grown-ups, the latter standing at a "safe distance." As the heights increased, another problem started ... the persons at the bottom, bearing increasing loads ... shoulder-bones breaking, etc. The parents/relatives/associates of such injured children/persons took this up, claiming financial compensation too. So we now see the SC deciding on this case.

As for Jallikkattu, it is the animal activists that took up the cause.

Similarly, in Triple Talaq issue as well, muslim women being on the receiving-end have also
taken up cudgels and that part of the case is slowly progressing separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back