Yajurveda Prathama Upakarma in 2016: Date ?
Tamil Brahmins
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Yajurveda Prathama Upakarma in 2016: Date ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear all,

We conducted my Son's Brahmopadesham in Feb 2016.

When do we conduct the Prathama Upakarma for my Son.

Is it the same day as Normal Upakarma which is 18th August.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vinay
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 47/3
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygn View Post
    Dear all,

We conducted my Son's Brahmopadesham in Feb 2016.

When do we conduct the Prathama Upakarma for my Son.

Is it the same day as Normal Upakarma which is 18th August.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vinay
    hi

its called....THALAI AVANI AVITTAM IN TAMIL....
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 2/0

On 18th August. You have not mentioned the age. He has to shave his head on the day, at least visit the Saloon. You have to prepare "Appam and Pasipayaru Sweet Sundal' and take them to the place where Upakarma is conducted along with Beatel Leaf, Beatel Nut and Plantain Fruit.He has to perform Samithathanam also.

R.Ramaswami
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Can somebody kindly post Manthra for Krishnarjinam(maan thol) tieing i the poonal for prathama avani avittam?
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 2/0

Mr. SaiSrinivasan has posted a set of Videos in Youtube covering all aspects of Upakarmam. You can download and follow.

With warm regards.

R.Ramaswami
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 146/22
    Given: 117/24

Now a days no one shaves his head for thalai AvaNi avittam.

Orthodox parents force the boy to do 1008 Gayatri japam with samithAdAnam on the following day.
    I have seen kids getting really exhausted after performing this feat!
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 62/5
    Given: 197/13

Quote Originally Posted by Raji Ram View Post
    Now a days no one shaves his head for thalai AvaNi avittam.

Orthodox parents force the boy to do 1008 Gayatri japam with samithAdAnam on the following day.
    I have seen kids getting really exhausted after performing this feat!
    In our local temple we do the 1008 Gayathri Japam for all the newly initiated Vadus..The sastrigal will ensure that not a single mantra is missed
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

I am performing Yajur Vedam upakarma here in Detroit on 17th August 2016 as per the local panchangam.Can somebody enlighten me on the 'sankalpam' with reference to my location.
    This year happens to be the 'Thalai Avani avittam' for my grandsons.Can somebody guide me as to when 'mounji Dharanam and krishnarjinam to be performed.On Upakarma day or Gayathri Japam day??
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 47/3
    Given: 1/0

Quote Originally Posted by V Krishnamurthy View Post
    Can somebody kindly post Manthra for Krishnarjinam(maan thol) tieing i the poonal for prathama avani avittam?
    hi

its very important for brahmachari....instead of whole skin...now a days a small piece in the poonal...
    asato maa sadh gamayaa, tamaso maa jyotir
    gamayaa, mrityor maa amritham gamayaaa..
    om shanti, om shanti, om shanti...upanishad
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 146/22
    Given: 117/24

Same in our colony temple too. Common homam for everyone.

But for my son's thalai AvaNiavittam, my eldest B I L insisted that my son should perform at home

and he had real strain doing it all alone.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.