• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Never too young to become a spiritualist

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

He seems to have taken up this challenge at the young age......

[h=1]Never too young to become a spiritualist[/h]Chennai: For a youngster in his 20s, life is meant for watching movies and sharing views on WhatsApp, but for N Balasubramanian (26), a resident of CIT Nagar, in West Mambalam, Chennai, it is something else as he turns his eyes to philosophy after following the messages of great saint Swami Chinmayananda.

‘Bala’, as he is often called, initiated the first step by launching Arsha Vidya Study Centre founded by Swami Chinmayananda and guided by Swami Dayananda Saraswathi in CIT Nagar a few years back.

Bala said he belongs to a family of publishers of three generations called ‘Gopali and Co’ at T Nagar. After completing schooling at Alpha Matriculation School in CIT Nagar, he had the great opportunity to listen to the speeches of Chinmayananda and Dayananda Saraswathi which brought a new lease of life in him.

He regularly organises classes on Indian cultural values in CIT Nagar for the benefit of children and also lectures by Swami Buddhatmananda Saraswathi in places like Karaneeswarar temple in Saidapet and Soundareswarar temple in Bharathidasan Colony regularly. He says, "When I expressed my desire about opening a centre, my parents whole-heartedly agreed and supported it and encouraged me in every activity."

When quizzed about his meetings with Swami Dayananda Saraswathi, he replied that he has travelled with Swami Buddhatmananda on several occasions and met Swami Dayananda too.

Bala organises programmes in his neighbourhood that focus on issues like ‘Where is happiness, mind and life', 'Importance of prayer', 'Greatness of true bhakti' and 'Secret values of Indian culture' and conducts special classes for children called 'Bala Vihar' that focus on moral and cultural values being taught. His aim is to make every participant be relieved of their life's troubles and have a peaceful mind and handle challenges with a smile.

Read more at: http://newstodaynet.com/chennai/never-too-young-become-spiritualist

hi

just i saw a news item....about famous writer BALAKUMARAN......a small boy from become a great spiritual writer....

i saw a programme abt his 70th birth day in tv.....i like him very much....

Spirituality refers to certain kinds of activity through which a person seeks meaning, especially a "search for the sacred". It may also refer to personal growth, blissful experience, or an encounter with one's own "inner dimension.
Spirituality means something different to everyone. For some, it's about participating in organized religion: going to church, synagogue, a mosque, and so on. For others, it's more personal—some people get in touch with their spiritual side through private prayer, yoga, meditation, quiet reflection, or even long walks.

To me spirituality is an individual's personal journey.
Preaching to or organizing religion for others is a different calling.
Religion and spirituality are two related yet distinct terms associated with faith. Religion denotes "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, usually involving devotional and ritual observances and a moral code." In contrast, spirituality can be defined as "the quality of being spiritual" (both definitions adapted from www.dictionary.com).

Based on these definitions, the major difference between religion and spirituality is one of believing versus being. Religion's focus is the content of one's belief and the outworking of that belief; spirituality's focus is the process of becoming more attuned to unworldly affairs. It's possible to be religious without being spiritual and spiritual without being religious.

More power to Bala, he is doing for the Chimayananda mission, Hinduism, and Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back