• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Post more.. share more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GANESH65

Although I am a member of the forum from January 12 on wards, I became quite active here for a couple years only.. Some how I find this forum more better useful than F.B , Twitter Google+, Instagram and the like. Here main attraction is you have a lot of interaction with like minded people and a lot of community issues are also discussed. Some of our members have shared such valuble information which are not available in any other forum.In other platforms, you may get a couple of likes and may be a a handful of comments, but here I have seen people going in to such depth of several issues, which make this platform quite unique. The administrators definitely deserve hats off for offering such a wonderful platform. However I have noticed that although there are more than 7000 members, only a hand full of names are actively appearing in the discussions. May I request more members to take part actively in the forum discussions so that we get more and more inputs. I have noticed many posts seen by more than 100 200 people but have not received any single comment. Every one of us have some to say and we should express it freely here. It is quite possible that sharing of any sort of information could be helpful to some one. Post more.. share more... comment more ...
typing.gif
typing.gif
typing.gif
typing.gif
typing.gif

Last edited:
Dear Ganesh Ji,

I appreciate your posting.

Couple of years back, I started a thread on similar lines inviting active participation of more members but there was lukewarm response and gist of replies was that more are interested only in reading.

This Forum is a nice platform to share one’s thoughts, information, exchange opinion, etc And it is always nice have a lively debate and meaningful discussion with each member sticking to ‘Lakshman Rekha’.

Only thing is that one should bear in mind that we are all guests here.

I am a knowledge seeker and I find this Forum providing treasure of information and I love to learn a lot everyday.

And there are members who write with gusto, banter and some of their postings prove more informative.

And what is expected is one should respect the other and there is no room for acts of derision, humiliation, insulting, belittling, ego, etc etc

You can go through the following links which are self explanatory.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=12211&highlight=we+have+30%2C000+and+odd+members

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=150&highlight=we+have+30%2C000+and+odd+members

Dear Ganesh Ji,

I appreciate your posting.

Couple of years back, I started a thread on similar lines inviting active participation of more members but there was lukewarm response and gist of replies was that more are interested only in reading.

This Forum is a nice platform to share one’s thoughts, information, exchange opinion, etc And it is always nice have a lively debate and meaningful discussion with each member sticking to ‘Lakshman Rekha’.

Only thing is that one should bear in mind that we are all guests here.

I am a knowledge seeker and I find this Forum providing treasure of information and I love to learn a lot everyday.

And there are members who write with gusto, banter and some of their postings prove more informative.

And what is expected is one should respect the other and there is no room for acts of derision, humiliation, insulting, belittling, ego, etc etc

You can go through the following links which are self explanatory.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=12211&highlight=we+have+30%2C000+and+odd+members

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=150&highlight=we+have+30%2C000+and+odd+members

Thanks for sharing those links, Bala ji, my sincere apologies for repeating same thread. Although I tried for similar threads recently before posting mine, I just could not locate this one since the same being a little old. The best part I enjoyed on those threads were one comment " writing consumes more time than reading" and that may be the reason holding many members back from making comments. Any how, we need to respect their privacy and commitments.

.... ​and fight more! :thumb:

Ha ha, but those fights are acceptable you know, we should see it only as one's ability to exhibit his/her command and expertise over the English vocabulary and nothing more than that! Most of us ( or should I say none of us?) have seen or known to each other and still communicate with each other and exchange verbal pleasantries which shows we care for each other and have respect for one another. There is one saying in hindi "जहाँ प्यार है वहीं तकरार है " which if we translate in to English would some what mean fight occurs between those people where love and care exists. We do it to prove our point and just for the fun of it and we all know there is nothing to be achieved than a little bit temporary mental tension.

Dear Ganesh Sir,

You are probably not aware of a few meeting of our members in Sing. Chennai. :)

What hurts me is when a member calls me a 'comedy piece', after meeting for a couple of times.

I think it is a valiant effort, and appreciated.
It might be repetition of earlier post, but worth repeating.
The site administrator in running a business, which requires participation, (he is running a free forum for us, by subsidizing us).
We should be thankful.
Rajiji has tried to advance the group by hosting get-togethers in Chennai. (I appreciate that very much).
We do miss some of our esteemed members like Renukaji, Sangomji, and others. Hopefully they will be more active.

Dear Ganesh Ji,

It is a fact that we few members met at Chennai on two occasions and it was a nice get-together.

I consider this as a lovely opportunity to know each other and I cannot forget how we enjoyed the day with every one exchanging their pleasantries and experiences in the Forum.

Those were indeed golden opportunities and I still cherish those memories.

And I have to mention that survival in this Forum is really a very tough task especially in the midst of members of various characters and some of whom are stalwarts governed by mood, complex, ego, etc etc

Some shoot postings like an aggressive touch bearers, some preach sermons throughout, some come with a firebrand postings, some are informative and some are to the point. Interestingly we also read postings which are nothing but depiction of inaccurate, distorted, dramitised and fake information.

And there are groups and Brigades taking side, whose most liked behavior will be to humiliate the other, as though they are the uncrowned monarch of wisdom and knowledge and do act like an authority and try to undermine the other.

We have all sorts and I love to learn people and their mind.

But never under any circumstance compromise on discipline, ethics, decency, decorum, etc etc

Had on many occasions addressed the Moderator and got postings and adverse/deragatory remarks deleted.

I may not be liked by few and I am least bothered about it as I mentioned earlier that I am not here for any 'Conduct Certificate'.

Let this post don't serve as a source to stir up hornet's nest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ganeshji,
Your post is very encouraging.
All members are equal.
Some think it is about them, and take it personally. That is unfortunate.
Participation is welcome, there will be different opinions expressed, but it is for sharing knowledge.
There is more in common among the members.

Prasadji

We can hug each other and kiss on both cheeks closing our eyes{ it is only cheeks brother -no false ideas]

And say we are slapping each other for the noble motive of sharing knowledge..

Chennai,delhi and US tamil brahmins bhai bhai..lol

Prasadji

We can hug each other and kiss on both cheeks closing our eyes{ it is only cheeks brother -no false ideas]

And say we are slapping each other for the noble motive of sharing knowledge..

Chennai,delhi and US tamil brahmins bhai bhai..lol

I was on my best behaviour!!!!! LOL
I was trying to improve my reputation. But jokes aside, I love this site, and most of the members.
I do express my OPINIONS.

Last edited:

I don't take anything personally,

It is the other member who took it personally and had now come and representing to the thread opener that she was called as a '....... piece'.

Please advice the concerned.

With the arrival of this dummy rationaiist and bogus progressive thinker, let the thread grow ..... lol

<snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:

You are probably not aware of a few meeting of our members in Sing. Chennai. :)
Dear R Rji, Good Morning,

You are right, I was not aware about the meeting, had I been I would have never missed it. Probably it must have held prior to my joining this forum or during the period of my hibernation. When did it happen? From the recent postings, I understand that it was a gala success and organizers deserved a hats off! Great. Would look forward to similar meeting in near future and hope myself fortunate enough to be apart of it.

Ganeshji,
Your post is very encouraging.
All members are equal.
Some think it is about them, and take it personally. That is unfortunate.
Participation is welcome, there will be different opinions expressed, but it is for sharing knowledge.
There is more in common among the members.

Dear Prasad Sir,

Thanks for those beautiful words which are quite supportive and encouraging. I have enjoyed many of your posts which are quite illustrative and informative. Hope to see much more of such postings from you..

Dear Ganesh Ji,

It is a fact that we few members met at Chennai on two occasions and it was a nice get-together.

I consider this as a lovely opportunity to know each other and I cannot forget how we enjoyed the day with every one exchanging their pleasantries and experiences in the Forum.

Those were indeed golden opportunities and I still cherish those memories.

Morning, Bala Sir,

Feel jealous about you guys enjoyed a gala get together in my absence! Ever since I became active in this forum the urge to meet all of you is growing. Hope it happens very soon.

Dear Sir, Though I rarely post anything, I visit the forum almost day to day basis and read many posts of my interest. I believe there are many reading members like me here in this forum than posting members. This forum is one of the best places to hang around, not just for time pass but for knowledge gain and interesting conversations. Most of the members posting in this forum I find highly knowledgeable and that is one reason i have an inferiority complex that prevents me in actively participating any any discussion :tape2:. May be i will try to participate more in the near future.

Regards

Varadharajan

OMG!

You guys still have to argue all the while!

Sometimes its nice to be lovey dovey too yaar...what is so hard to just hug and kiss and more if really needed?

I feel the next meeting should be held in Vegas ..after a lap dance or two everyone will be fine!LOL

Dear Ganesh ji,

Its nice that you started this thread to encourage people to post more.

Yes..I do agree its more fun than Facebook etc.

I deleted my FB account many years ago cos I feel TB forum is more fun.

We are like a Rajini Flick..entertainment all the way!

OMG!

You guys still have to argue all the while!

Sometimes its nice to be lovey dovey too yaar...what is so hard to just hug and kiss and more if really needed?

I feel the next meeting should be held in Vegas ..after a lap dance or two everyone will be fine!LOL
My God lovey Dovey!

Very imaginative mind.

Joke of the day - lap dance with you know who?

Thumbs up.

My upvote for sentiments expressed

Dear Ganesh ji,

Its nice that you started this thread to encourage people to post more.

Yes..I do agree its more fun than Facebook etc.

I deleted my FB account many years ago cos I feel TB forum is more fun.

We are like a Rajini Flick..entertainment all the way!

Thanks.. Vegas as next meeting venue is ok with me as well. Please help me to find a sponsor for my return tickets!!! LOL...

Dear Renu,
I have had enough after commenting about a carnatic (?!?) song! :fish:

So :nono: to that proposal too! :D

Dear Sir, Though I rarely post anything, I visit the forum almost day to day basis and read many posts of my interest. I believe there are many reading members like me here in this forum than posting members. This forum is one of the best places to hang around, not just for time pass but for knowledge gain and interesting conversations. Most of the members posting in this forum I find highly knowledgeable and that is one reason i have an inferiority complex that prevents me in actively participating any any discussion :tape2:. May be i will try to participate more in the near future.

Regards

Varadharajan

Dear Rajan Ji,

Just join in the fun.

There is no need to have an inferiority complex..after all its not as if we are discussing rocket science here!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back