• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai sent to judicial custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
The so called topper syndrome in Bihar in all Government exams including IAS & IPS may be just a sham!!

Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai sent to judicial custody till July 8

June 26, 2016 18:54

07live-bihar.jpg

Bihar board Class 12 'topper' in arts Ruby Rai, who was arrested yesterday, has been sent to judicial custody till July 8.

Rai, who had triggered a controversy by telling a television channel political science pertained to cooking, was arrested on Saturday after appearing before the Bihar School Examination Board for a re-test.

Earlier in the day, Rai was brought to the Chief Judicial Magistrate's residence by Bihar police.

She was missing after her name came to limelight following BSEB toppers' scam was exposed.

Rai failed to appear in a re-test on two occasions -- June 3 and June 17 -- despite multiple invitations from the board.

She reportedly informed the board that she is not well and unable to appear for the re-exam.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...-till-july-8/b5d54331b6b649b5ef1ac8701f539710

All credits for exposing this scam goes to media. Had they not highlighted this, such incidence have never came to light and there may be many such toppers roaming around!!

[FONT=&quot]Unless the intellectual prostitution (corruption) is weeded out from the fieldof Education……………..much more Ruby Rais would emerge.[/FONT]

[h=1]Bihar topper scam: I told Papa to get me passed but they went ahead and made me topper, says Ruby Rai[/h][h=2]That’s what arts topper at centre of Bihar scam told interrogators after she was arrested, say police.“Maine to Papa se kaha tha pass karwa dijiye, unhone ne to top hi karwa diya.” This is what the Bihar board Class XII topper, whose result has since been cancelled after a retest, reportedly told her interrogators. Loosely translated, her assertion was, “I had only told Papa to get me passed but they went ahead and made me topper.”[/h][FONT=&quot]The Vaishali girl, a widely publicised TV interview of whom showed her struggling to answer basic questions and mispronouncing political science as “prodigal science”, has been arrested. Facing an expert committee of the Bihar State Education Board that asked her to write a few lines on Tulsidas the poet, she had written one line: “Tulsidas, pranam”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The arts topper was very forthright in accepting that she did not deserve to be a topper,” Manu Maharaj, Patna special SP heading the special investigation team (SIT) probing the scam, told The Indian Express. “She had expected second division at best. She now blamed her guardians and Vishun Roy College principal Bachcha Rai for making her topper.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The student’s age, meanwhile, has become the subject of another controversy. A local NGO held a press conference Monday claiming she was born in October 1998 and hence still a minor. The girl herself has made no such claim, nor has her family approached the police or court over this.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The court, in Patna, has sent her to judicial custody for 14 days in Beur jail. “It is the court that takes a call on one being a minor or not. As the girl has not claimed at any stage that she is a minor, the court treated her as a major and sent her to judicial custody,” SSP Maharaj said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Her lawyer K D Misha, however, told The Indian Express, “I have spoken to the girl’s father, who told me she was born in October 1998. We are waiting for her father to produce her birth certificate before we move court. I wonder at the police’s ignorance, for they must have with them all certificates of the girl mentioning her age”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SSP Maharaj said that just because a student could be a minor, it did not mean they were not part of a conspiracy to make them the topper. “There has been enough proof of toppers’ copies getting tampered and students writing their answers afresh,” he said. “The biggest proof of tampering was the evaluator awarding 51 marks out of 50 to one of the four arrested students. Later, that was crossed out and 48 marks were awarded.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Board official arrested[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bihar board secretary Hariharnath Jha was arrested Monday in connection with the toppers scam. He was sent to 14 days in judicial custody. According to SSP Maharaj, police have prima facie evidence of his involvement in the scam.[/FONT]

Who is that " Papa " who has thrown that much of "bones" to the evaluating persons in the education department !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back