• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Time to rethink single-sex schools in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Time to rethink single-sex schools in India?

Gender-based segregation can’t curb hormones, only stunts wholesome development, say experts

Vineetha Saikumar went to Balalok Matriculation, a co-ed school in Chennai which practiced strict segregation between boys and girls. Now at 21 years of age, she recounts how awkward she felt around boys because of the restrictive environment.

“I thought that if someone saw me talking to a boy, they would think I am an undisciplined child. I was so awkward around them.”

Not only was she afraid of being looked down upon for talking to a boy, she was not even sure if she could have male friends. “I was scared to bring home boys who were my friends from outside school,” she says, “But then I spoke to my parents about it and they said it was alright to have boys as friends.”

It was only after reassurance from her parents, Vineetha says, that she was able to interact with the opposite sex without guilt.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/time-rethink-single-sex-schools-india-43915

In PSBB there was no such restriction even in the late 70's when co ed was introduced...Surprised by this at Balalok which was started by some staff of PSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back