• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

This 100 Year Old Runner Just Broke The World Record at the Penn Relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Wow! Wow! Wow!!!

[h=2]This 100 Year Old Runner Just Broke The World Record at the Penn Relays[/h]
This year, in the 122nd Penn Relays at Franklin Field in West Philadelphia, it seems that an unexpected participant has grabbed the eye of social media and become the highlight of the entire event.
5785c8b6f0b2348c0694e4da3bd275c0.jpg

The 100 year old athlete, Ida Keeling, recently broke the world record for the 100-yard dash in her division (80 years and older) at a very remarkable 59.80 seconds. While this is an impressive feat in itself, it is not the first time that Keeling has caught the attention of the athletic community. Previously, in 2011, Keeling also set the world record in her age group for running 60 meters in a mere 29.86 seconds while at a track meet in Manhattan.

Like many athletes, Keeling would work close with her trainer, who just happened to be her daughter, Shelly Keeling.
c219e4b0003404d55f2cd5af6caed0fb.jpg

“She has a mat. She does squats, push-ups,” Shelly informs. “She can so a lot of calisthenic movements where she can use her own body weight.” However, she also says that her mother didn’t start running until she hit 67, and the trigger for the athletic lifestyle was due to a family tragedy.

“I put her in a 5K race,” Shelley says. “Prior to that, she had not run.”

“Both my brothers had been murdered, so she was sinking very quickly, and I just picked her up one morning and said ‘you’re coming with me’, and I bought her an extra pair of sneakers and the rest is history.”

Many must be wondering how it is that a woman of 100 years old can manage to keep such a lifestyle up, and to that Ms Ida Kelling has the answer:
“Eat for nutrition, not for taste,” she says. “Do what you need to do, not what you want to do, and make sure you exercise at least once every day.”
619738e498760e542b30aa8b4e54bd70.jpg

Ms Ida Keeling does not take her health for granted, though, and is very grateful that she is able to train with such support from her daughter and be able to attend such events.

“I thank God everyday for my blessings,” she says.

https://www.hoobu.com/1462288910/th...ust-broke-the-world-record-at-the-penn-relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back