• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskaram,

While working on my computer I recently stumbled upon Tamilbrahmins.com and got curious to know about its activities. Accordingly I got myself registered as a member last evening.

As introduction, let me say that I have my origin in Palakkad (Palakkad Brahmins) although I grew up and am now settled in Delhi. In fact, I am third generation member to settle down in Delhi, my maternal grandfather having moved to the city in early 1900s and my father in 1924. I had my education and went into service in Delhi. I am now 76. I worked with the World Health Organization of the United Nations for 40 years before retiring in 2000. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I have completely lost touch with my native place. Even though my family is settled in Delhi, we are still keeping up with our traditions and rituals and following our festivals and continue to be interested about activities of our community. My wife stays with me while my children are settled abroad. Thank you for including me as a member of TamilBrahmins and I look forward to further interaction with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back