• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Arranged marriages & the love story of a semi-nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

There is a tall pile of envelopes that my dad has on his lap, and he carefully opens each one and reads out a “profile” hoping to gauge a reaction from me. And in there are CTQ or critical to quality inputs on B-school, age, family and all else it takes to make an assumed valuation of a prospective groom.

We are two hours down, and now there are now two neatly piled sets of envelopes — one says short-listed. The other says nothing, and so will happily make its way to the waste paper bin.
Evaluation hysteria
At the same time, probably in some other part of the world, others read a profile that sounds like mine. The paper profiles soon turn human and while some of them want to meet alone since they are “open-minded”, there are others who want to meet with a roomful full of people.

What bothers me immensely is that one is just supposed to or expected to respond to this invasive questioning calmly. Even though it comes from someone you know for just 5.5 minutes.

sms-14221.jpg

Between ICQ and MSN Chat
The stories are unending but the larger question is around this form of marriage; how can we be so clinical and logical about finding who we will spend the rest of our lives with.
Where does emotional, intellectual or even physical compatibility fit in or how does one in the middle of this entire process find love!
I found mine in a fit of very lucky rage. It was late in the evening and I had just given my mom a detailed explanation on how I ran out of the car of a guy who within 10 minutes of meeting me was discussing baby names. While she was still in shock, I was back in my den and on my computer narrating this weird tale on ICQ to friends.
Somewhere between then and few chats, months later I met this guy online who did not care a damn about that fact that I was older than him, or made more money than him, or did not belong to the same part of the country as him.
We dated for a bit, he got me a bangle instead of a ring since he thought I wore a handful already, accidentally sent me a wreath instead of flowers…. Is it over said my dad asked? No, it’s just begun I smiled.
Running and living
15 years later, he is still is a morning person, I am a night. He hates taking pictures and I love an action shot. He is as passionate about running as I am about work.
And when people ask us why we got married? “He was the only guy who I dated who spoke about my work as much as he spoke of other parts of me, had super shapely fingers and said he loved Chawal and Dal over anything else,” I reply.
He claims his reason was consistency and a few other things that are “classified” and he will tell me when I breach 50.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...&utm_campaign=TOInewHP&utm_medium=Widget_Stry

Prasadji

You made my day.

A nice story

marriages are made in heavan or some such place

one cannot rationally pin point the reason.

there can be chemistry between most unlikely people that people might wonder how they got together in a marriage relationship.

the hidden aspects of likes and dislikes of even very close ones surprise me.

I am wondering whether I am damaging some by trying to foist some as mates for marriage as I know so little about both.

For many dream marriages are turning out to be nightmares.

I think the main reason arranged marriages seem to work better is because of lower expectations from the outset.

The Kuch Kuch Hota Hai feeling is also there in an arranged marriage.

Out of the many grooms that I saw during arrange marriage viewing..I only felt instant attraction towards my husband.

Others I never felt anything.

So chemistry too plays a part even in an arranged marriage..love or arranged..all marriages start off with the initial serotonin (feel good hormone) boost in the brain.

Nature makes us get attracted either by lovvu or arranged marriage purely for continuation of species.

After any type of marriage..be it Lovvu or Arranged...once the serotonin levels reach baseline..we continue staying with our spouses cos by that time we would have developed Stockholm's Syndrome.

Therefore marriage is just a play of the mind..its in your head..there is no actual romance..its all HORMONES and PSYCHOLOGY!LOL

Who develops the stockholm syndrome-male or female ?

After marriage most get over attractions due to hormones and most continue generally as half blinded dopes lacking the courage to go thru the half crazy experience with anyone else.

Once bitten , who would like to be scarred again by another person.. Known angel [thats a charitable word to describe spouse] is far better a new unknown super

angel.

Who develops the stockholm syndrome-male or female ?

After marriage most get over attractions due to hormones and most continue generally as half blinded dopes lacking the courage to go thru the half crazy experience with anyone else.

Once bitten , who would like to be scarred again by another person.. Known angel [thats a charitable word to describe spouse] is far better a new unknown super

angel.

Believe me its the males that develop Stockholm's Syndrome faster even though both male and females eventually get it after marriage.

Co-dependency is what that makes anyone sail thru marriage safely.

Believe me its the males that develop Stockholm's Syndrome faster even though both male and females eventually get it after marriage.

Co-dependency is what that makes anyone sail thru marriage safely.
Co dependancy varies with age.

When young , the girl in many cases younger than boy depends on the boy more and would like him to also be committed only to her due to insecurities.

When they grow old, the men hang on and cling to women as they are their only saviours and stick by them more out of sense of duty than love.

Women also pray at least for a few years whithout their men so that they could have a few years of free living and doing what they have missed out in life because of their

men.lol

Women also pray at least for a few years whithout their men so that they could have a few years of free living and doing what they have missed out in life because of their

men.lol

I don't know if I want to agree with this...but may be some cant stand each other.

I don't know if I want to agree with this...but may be some cant stand each other.
lol. you have to be old enough to appreciate this.

I had a relative -an old married lady in early seventies who was jealous of widows.

She would say -see how free the widow is to go anywhere she wants . I have to put up with this brahmanar......

lol. you have to be old enough to appreciate this.

I had a relative -an old married lady in early seventies who was jealous of widows.

She would say -see how free the widow is to go anywhere she wants . I have to put up with this brahmanar......

One can wish to be free but that does not mean that one has to wish death for their spouse.

BTW if one really wants to be free...instead of envying widows one can wish for early death...after all upon death one is also free to roam wherever they want.

BTW if one really wants to be free...instead of envying widows one can wish for early death...after all upon death one is also free to roam wherever they want......

.........................and possess whomsoever they want. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back