Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

nominated post icon old tamil saying/tamil proverb

dears namaskars. in tamizh there is a saying "PENNUKKU IDAM KODALE"iam not able to get the exact meaning of this .i request learned members to clarify me.in this context the following points may be considered.also.1)PEN-may be either daughter or wife other way any lady.2)IDAM -either left hand side or right hand side.the other way can be role/place(importance) also.here yet another point to be noted is-in PRAACCHINA VEEDHI(in pithru tharppanam)the upa veedham would be on the right hand shoulder only-though it my be meant as "IDAM").kindly enlighten me.LET KNOWBLE THOUGHTS COME FROM ALL SOURCES.with namaskars.v.lalithakumar
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lalitha,

is it something like this?

பொண்ணுக்கு கொஞ்சம் இடம் கொடுத்தால் தலைக்கு மேலே வந்து ஒக்காருவா
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dear kunjuppu,namaskars.thanks a lot of your reading between the lines. it seems that you may be in one way correct.in course of time (THIRUBU)could have been taken place in the saying.as per you version the saying wants to drive home the moral that "longing after gold (wealth in lot)may lead to destruction".thanks with namaskars .( (AA KNOW BHADHRA KRATHAVO YANTHU VISWATHAHA.(LET KNOWBLE THOUGHTS COME FROM ALL SOURCES.))v.lalithakumar
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kodale ??? Can you type the prover in full in tamil
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Images
    Pennukku Idam Kodel..... means at all functions and spritual important functions The lady (Finance Minister in every family) must always be on the Left (Idam) and not on the Valam (Right).
    This is the real meaning.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dear akura namaskars.thanks a lot towards your clarification regarding the proverb in thamizh typing.while appreciating your involvement ,i accept my failure in providing the thamizh typing as my computer is not blessed with such facility. though the proverb ("..") given in mine is english as a matter of fact it should be red as thamizh only.sorry for inconvenience.with namaskars.v.lalithakumar.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Respected Lalithkumar
    I asked for it in Tamil if possible only since , I felt there may be some sense
    of incompetion in the proverb(since it was kodale typed) . idam kodal givng left side means ida bagam
    Even lord Siva gave same way for PARVATHI at Arunachalam .
    Regards
    Last edited by akura; 14-10-2009 at 06:46 AM.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dear T.S.sankara naryanan ji namaskars.much thankful towards your clarification.it ought to be so.with thanks v.lalithakumar
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Incidentally is there any publication containing all these old sayings.I have heard many from my Grandma .It would be very useful.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    before tyying the mangal sutra the woman was made to sit to brdiegrooms right and after that she will be in his left always.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast