• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we do Navagraha Prathishtai in Amman temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navagrah should be done in Shiva temple, it will be best effective in Shiva temple only. However if you do it in other temple the effect will not be as much as in Shiva temple.

First and foremost one needs to analyze the presence of vibrant energy related to the deity we propose to install(Prathishta). Placing idols in a place where the energy is absent is just like trying to fill up a broken pot. A good astrologer can predict the presence of various powers and divine energies by conducting Deva Prashnam.

Here in Denver, USA there is navagraha in a Balajee temple.
Most of the South India Hindu temples in USA have all sorts of Idols installed, including Navagraha.
I do not think any of the idols objected, nor did the gods.
It is the humans who dictate what goes where.
In a temple a rich person wanted to install a balajee Moorti, there was objection because of financial consideration and other humans. He dangled $2M in front of the board, it was immediately accepted. Similarly another Kerala group wanted an Iyappa idol and they too agreed to spend $2M, BAM it was approved.

Here in Denver, USA there is navagraha in a Balajee temple.
Most of the South India Hindu temples in USA have all sorts of Idols installed, including Navagraha.
I do not think any of the idols objected, nor did the gods.
It is the humans who dictate what goes where.
In a temple a rich person wanted to install a balajee Moorti, there was objection because of financial consideration and other humans. He dangled $2M in front of the board, it was immediately accepted. Similarly another Kerala group wanted an Iyappa idol and they too agreed to spend $2M, BAM it was approved.

Sad that money can buy Gods too

I think the poster wants to know from Agama standpoint if we can have Navagraha pratishtai in Amman temples

I think the poster wants to know from Agama standpoint if we can have Navagraha pratishtai in Amman temples

NO NO NO, you can buy GOD, Please do not confuse GOD with Idols and Temple.
Like Kabir das says:
Pahan Puje Hari Mile, to mai puju Pahar
Tate wa chakki bhali, pece Khaye sansar.

Money does matter. There are so many temples is disuse, why build new one? It is to show money.
Since 1988, I have been travelling extensively all over
India because, I find the sight of ancient Hindu temple
architecture deeply pleasing. If a temple built before
the year 1700 and endowed with the least bit of
architeture beauty survives, anywhere in India even as a
crumbling pile of stones, very likely I have seen it.
What did I find and what did I learn on my endless
journeys ?

Over the past 1500 years, the rajas and maharajas of
Hindustan may have created magnificent temples in greater
number than any other ancient civilisation built its own
religious edifices, but most surviving Hindu temples have
been simply abandoned for decades to water and wild
vegetation, cattle and wild birds, vandals and sculpture
thieves. Precious temples haven been silently
disintegrating into piles of stone blocks.
http://www.hindunet.org/srh_home/1996_7/msg00364.html

Last edited:

All these USA South Indian temples are built according to agama Shastra, the stapathis (claim) that they are the authority and they have scriptural verification.
I have been involved in these discussion number of times. I personally do not have the Agama Knowledge.

All these USA South Indian temples are built according to agama Shastra, the stapathis (claim) that they are the authority and they have scriptural verification.
I have been involved in these discussion number of times. I personally do not have the Agama Knowledge.
hi

in USA..... all temples based on donor......we have MAHAVIRA IN HINDU TEMPLE....becoz jains paid money.....even agama

stapathi never agreed many things...still ppl BAM approve it......until and unless single donor temples.....

hi

in USA..... all temples based on donor......we have MAHAVIRA IN HINDU TEMPLE....becoz jains paid money.....even agama

stapathi never agreed many things...still ppl BAM approve it......until and unless single donor temples.....

I did not know that in US temples agama Shastras are given a short shrift! But may be there is no choice as the South Indian group is small & other communities also want their Gods! No issues!!

NO NO NO, you can buy GOD, Please do not confuse GOD with Idols and Temple.
Like Kabir das says:
Pahan Puje Hari Mile, to mai puju Pahar
Tate wa chakki bhali, pece Khaye sansar.

Money does matter. There are so many temples is disuse, why build new one? It is to show money.
Since 1988, I have been travelling extensively all over
India because, I find the sight of ancient Hindu temple
architecture deeply pleasing. If a temple built before
the year 1700 and endowed with the least bit of
architeture beauty survives, anywhere in India even as a
crumbling pile of stones, very likely I have seen it.
What did I find and what did I learn on my endless
journeys ?

Over the past 1500 years, the rajas and maharajas of
Hindustan may have created magnificent temples in greater
number than any other ancient civilisation built its own
religious edifices, but most surviving Hindu temples have
been simply abandoned for decades to water and wild
vegetation, cattle and wild birds, vandals and sculpture
thieves. Precious temples haven been silently
disintegrating into piles of stone blocks.
http://www.hindunet.org/srh_home/1996_7/msg00364.html

I think one should agree to this opinion. We all agree that God is everywhere "தூணிலும் இருப்பார் துரும்பிலும் இருப்பார்" Does any one really worship தூண் and துரும்பு. "Prahladas" don't exist now a days! ( Please don't jump in to the conclusion that only Hirinyakashipus are around!!) What I mean to state that the richness around the place of worship also matters for Kaliyuga Bakhtas. May be that's why Cholas and Pandyas also spent so much on temple architecture. Coming back to the main subject, I also had some opportunities to visit certain neglected temples in interior Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Although the the richness around these temples were absent, I cannot express the happiness and peace of mind I received during my short stay at those temples. The calm and quite atmosphere there are some thing cannot be expressed in words.

Vaishnava NavaGraha Temples in Kumbakonam
Many of them knows Siva Navagraha Stahlams but Vaishnava Nava graha Stahlams also in and around Kumbakonam. The vaishnava navagraha parikara sthalam's are listed below. Click the links to know more about the temple.
Sun (suryan): Sri Sarangapani temple (Thirukudanthai-Kumbakonam)
Moon(chandran): Sri Naadan Kovil (Thirunandipura vinnagaram)
Mars (sevvai): Nachiyaar Kovil (Thirunaraiyur)
Mercury(budan): Valvil Ramar Kovil (Thirupullamboothangudi)
Jupiter (guru): Andallakummaiyyan (Thiruaadhanoor)
Venus (shukran): Valvil Ramar kovil (Thiruvelliyankudi)
Saturn (sani): Oppiliappan Kovil (Thiruvinnagaram)
Raghu: Gajendra Varadan kovil (Thirukavithalam)
Kethu: Jagat Rakshakan kovil (Thirukudaloor)
Mandi:Saranathan Kovil (Thirucherai)

http://www.kumbakonam.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=828&Itemid=752

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back