• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Hindu in Mumbai: Will it take TOI head on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
If a shraddha thithi falls on Thaimasapurappu, how to conduct the Shraddham - After the thaimasapurappu pujai or before that?

The Hindu has finally arrived in the Commercial Capital of the Country...I have not seen the paper but from the website I gathered they are devoting lot of space to various aspects of the Metropolis-Economy, Politics, Entertainment, Art, Culture and the Glitterati..Can readers from Mumbai comment on the paper

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/editors-note-good-morning-mumbai/article7924102.ece

TOI is quite different.

If The Hindu can jettison some of its leftist load it may sell. But I do not think that will happen because of the grip that is strangulating the editorial board there.

Let us see. Sometime people learn lessons only the hard way.

There are some tamils in mumbai who would like to keep in touch with tamilnadu happenings. They might buy it as second paper.

Even in delhi I buy it for its editorial and other stories in magazine section.

I like it for its lack of sensationalism and reliability of news.

They have a good editorial team and one of the better papers .

Not very popular and more expensive than local papers.

There are some tamils in mumbai who would like to keep in touch with tamilnadu happenings. They might buy it as second paper.

That was also my view, but few years back...There are lot more North Indians, Bengalis buying the paper & reading it leisurely...Times have changed..

The style of presentation of news in Hindu is simply old worldish, but the standard of English for which the newspaper was known, has come down very low. Then the price and also the Shiv Sena's antipathy to anything Madrasi. Putting all these together, this may not be a wise decision.

I am of the view that the present edition of "The Hindu" may not be able to compete with "The Times of India", the most popular news paper of Mumbai. Even in South "the Hindu" losing their devout subscribers because of their strong political views. "The Hindu" once known for its authentic and comprehensive news coverage has become flippant in presentation of news.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

hi
in delhi.....nobody can beat THE HINDUSTAN TIMES....even TOI doing welll...i think THE HINDU printing office in gurgaon......i like HT

in delhi.....cheap and best......dilli hai dilwalon ki sahar.....

I welcome The Hindu in Mumbai. But becoming a supporter of hindu or regular reader leaving many years of patronage of The Times of India, for many of its plus points, is very difficult. 1. The Hindu should be impartial ( They are partial to the core in the event of shaivites Vs vaishnavites), 2. they are also ardent supporters of Congress party and 3./ they are anti modi open critics. So let us see how they fare. They did try previously many times, but could not succeed. Let us hope and pray they succeed this time.

Very difficult to compete with The Times of India, which is higly professional in running their publications. Whereas "The Hindu" is still a family controlled paper. Except for a short duration, all the editors of "The Hindu" are from the "Kasturi family" only, the Bennett Coleman & Co. publishers of Times Group, the Country's largest media conglomerate is publishing number of publications including flag bearers The Times of India, Economic Times, Navabharat Times (Hindi), Maharashtra Times (Marathi) and other small publications that has logistic support for publication and wide net work of distribution.
The present setup of "The Hindu" by aligning with leftist ideology, has lost its nonpolitical readership of devoted subscribers who are non-political.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I go with Krish44. the editorials and certain other articles in Hindu are exemplary and unmatched. No one could ever match Hindu on these counts. However don't think would be able to give TOI a run for their money as far Mumbai is concerned. Readership for TOI in Mumbai and same of HT in Delhi are unassailable to any other print Media. Wish Good luck to Hindu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back