• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another sunday.

A beautiful morning with temperature going down further indicating winter is around the corner.

When many are still facing rains in south, Delhi feels comfortable and nice.

Even the political classes are trying to accommodate each other to pass some bills in parliament.

Perhaps It is time to try for finding matrimonial match for extended family members.

I was reading in national daily that though most youngsters want freedom to fall in love and choose their mates for marriage, But still most boys have a

patriarchal mindset wanting their wives to support his parents after marriage and some would like to have dowry from girls side after choosing to fall in love

with the girl and proposing marriage.

Falling in love is a great concept. Researchers have found that girls do not like to marry good looking boys if the boys do not desire lifetime relationships. They

would opt for steady not so good looking guys on whom they can bank on for a lifetime.On the contrary boys prefer girls who are pretty irrespective of the fact

that they are scheming and manipulative . Most boys want a quick fix to satisfy their physical lust , call it love if necessary and move on if possible. Most boys do

not want lifetime commitment with girls.

Given this kind of thinking, what is a reasonable approach to match fixing?

It is best that we become only facilitators for youngsters to meet each other and let them decide if they want each other for a marriage relationship.

We probably can put aside minor differences in caste or location variations and look if two people can genuinely bond and try to make a relationship which can

last long based on their preferances.A minimal capability based on education level ,earning capacity and shared interests could alone be the parameters for

finding the right match.

Last edited:
My reflections to day - can I take this and make it This package looks great I can choose a conveniet day after Feb after the biting cold spell Any way I am planning Vashnavo In Feb Can have this as add on!

http://www.irctctourism.com/TourPackages/RailTour/Heritage-Circuit-Semi-Luxury-Tourist-Train.html
Great Idea.

If you are travelling alone, avoid AC Ist.

UP is a jungle for women travelling alone.

Delhi is no better for women unfamiliar with local culture and lingo.

Better to travel in North India in the first week of March to avoid the biting cold .
This year winter is likely to set in late.The average day temp is 22-24 degrees celsius now

I have delayed movement to other parts of country by atleast two weeks.

This year winter is likely to be more cold due to climate change.

It might hit zero and negative.

Second /third week of march would be safer for visits to north india.

Last edited:
JJji

You were right in suggesting Goa as the place to go for the year end.

I have decided to act on it.

Only I am looking for a decent four star place for stay.

Thanks

Another sunday.

A beautiful morning with temperature going down further indicating winter is around the corner.

When many are still facing rains in south, Delhi feels comfortable and nice.

Even the political classes are trying to accommodate each other to pass some bills in parliament.

Perhaps It is time to try for finding matrimonial match for extended family members.

I was reading in national daily that though most youngsters want freedom to fall in love and choose their mates for marriage, But still most boys have a

patriarchal mindset wanting their wives to support his parents after marriage and some would like to have dowry from girls side after choosing to fall in love

with the girl and proposing marriage.

Falling in love is a great concept. Researchers have found that girls do not like to marry good looking boys if the boys do not desire lifetime relationships. They

would opt for steady not so good looking guys on whom they can bank on for a lifetime.On the contrary boys prefer girls who are pretty irrespective of the fact

that they are scheming and manipulative . Most boys want a quick fix to satisfy their physical lust , call it love if necessary and move on if possible. Most boys do

not want lifetime commitment with girls.

Given this kind of thinking, what is a reasonable approach to match fixing?

It is best that we become only facilitators for youngsters to meet each other and let them decide if they want each other for a marriage relationship.

We probably can put aside minor differences in caste or location variations and look if two people can genuinely bond and try to make a relationship which can

last long based on their preferances.A minimal capability based on education level ,earning capacity and shared interests could alone be the parameters for

finding the right match.

I feel a life long commitment is just over rated.

Is anything actually a life long commitment?

I don't think so...life is a selfish journey where one spins the commitment story for sustenance of self.

Coming to this girls prefer not so good looking boys theory..I have a valid explanation.

Not so good looking males know very well they are lacking in looks department and try to make it up by faking being caring and committed and will go to any extent to impress a girl just to get a wife.

Once they marry the girl their true nature might surface cos faking being totally committed might not last the test of time.

Finally every human is the same..good looking or not...true nature surfaces after the initial impressing phase is over.

Love too is like politics....a politician would do anything to impress the voters and after being elected their true colors surface.

BTW looks have nothing got to do with the true nature of a person.

Good looking or Plain Looking... good or bad individuals are equally distributed in this world.

Last edited:
I feel a life long commitment is just over rated.

Is anything actually a life long commitment?

I don't think so...life is a selfish journey where one spins the commitment story for sustenance of self.

Coming to this girls prefer not so good looking boys theory..I have a valid explanation.

Not so good looking males know very well they are lacking in looks department and try to make it up by faking being caring and committed and will go to any extent to impress a girl just to get a wife.

Once they marry the girl their true nature might surface cos faking being totally committed might not last the test of time.

Finally every human is the same..good looking or not...true nature surfaces after the initial impressing phase is over.

Love too is like politics....a politician would do anything to impress the voters and after being elected their true colors surface.

BTW looks have nothing got to do with the true nature of a person.

Good looking or Plain Looking... good or bad individuals are equally distributed in this world.

Like all your posts- Question the basic premise.

Is there anything called lifelong commitment or some one is spinning a yarn to win some over.

Then the theory bad looking guys sell the commitment theory to trap women into marriages.

You know some men might even believe wrongly though that they are committed even when women take such commitment with a pinch of salt.

By the way Some men also keep shouting commitment periodically so that their wives do not desert them and run away in case they are better looking.

So they are various shades to commitment itself.And then can you stay committed to one woman and also have an affair on the side?. Many manage it successfully.

It is all very complex .

Then this good girl bad girl theories. Bad girl painting the town red before marriage becomes bhartiya nari after marriage.

Good looking girls also can good wives . I have to say this because most men are forced to to believe that their wives are good looking for survival.

I hope we have confused the issues sufficiently .

By the way Some men also keep shouting commitment periodically so that their wives do not desert them and run away in case they are better looking.

So they are various shades to commitment itself.And then can you stay committed to one woman and also have an affair on the side?. Many manage it successfully.

It is all very complex .

Then this good girl bad girl theories. Bad girl painting the town red before marriage becomes bhartiya nari after marriage.

Good looking girls also can good wives . I have to say this because most men are forced to to believe that their wives are good looking for survival.

True..some men fear their wives might desert them and keep playing the commitment game.

Also some men who have affairs on the side play the commitment game and shower their wives with undue attention and gifts so that she would not suspect what he is doing outside.

An extremist of any kind always has a deep dark secret.

Some guys are naturally born losers so they become obsessed with the first female who pays them attention and suffocate their wives too and become suspicious.

All shades of insecurity.

After marriage most men have lost the "Viveka" to know who is beautiful and who is not.

As you have correctly stated for survival they are forced to believe their wives are beautiful.

Their perception of beauty has changed and poor guys end up all their lives being deluded!LOL

BTW I have noted that certain far east races females would do anything to get a handsome white male as their husband and they would go to any extent by even doing their laundry and cooking/cleaning the house for them before marriage!Some even wash their boyfriend's cars!

All fake game played..once they marry the guy..the guy would be doing the cooking and the laundry!

True..some men fear their wives might desert them and keep playing the commitment game.

Also some men who have affairs on the side play the commitment game and shower their wives with undue attention and gifts so that she would not suspect what he is doing outside.

An extremist of any kind always has a deep dark secret.

Some guys are naturally born losers so they become obsessed with the first female who pays them attention and suffocate their wives too and become suspicious.

All shades of insecurity.

After marriage most men have lost the "Viveka" to know who is beautiful and who is not.

As you have correctly stated for survival they are forced to believe their wives are beautiful.

Their perception of beauty has changed and poor guys end up all their lives being deluded!LOL

BTW I have noted that certain far east races females would do anything to get a handsome white male as their husband and they would go to any extent by even doing their laundry and cooking/cleaning the house for them before marriage!Some even wash their boyfriend's cars!

All fake game played..once they marry the guy..the guy would be doing the cooking and the laundry!

With all this , most boys and girls cannot do without each other.

The equation between the two do keep changing over time .

One does not know who has got the better of the other at the end of life.

Those who take advantage of a marital relationship in initial stages ultimately pay a very heavy price at the fag end of life.

There is some invisible law which ensures that both get a chance to even out the scores.

The tiger of yester years ends up as a mouse after a few decades. lol

Moral of the story-Never do unto others what could be done to you later in life.Thats is the way to be wise in living.

Like all your posts- Question the basic premise.

Is there anything called lifelong commitment or some one is spinning a yarn to win some over.

Then the theory bad looking guys sell the commitment theory to trap women into marriages.

You know some men might even believe wrongly though that they are committed even when women take such commitment with a pinch of salt.

It is all very complex .

It is all very complex

I hope I have confused the issue sufficiently

Looks fair enough!

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...cAY57M6lFhJqzbmjQ&sig2=KZx43r_kXjoznNgZITuVqA

This morning a wise lady was counselling young married women in a tamil channel.

When the Anchor -a young married girl [marriage -1 year old] said ' Love is the most important thing between couples, the counsellor opined that if a girl understands a

boy more than only expressing love she will make a success of her marriage.But if a boy expresses his love for the girl freely instead of trying to understand her , he

will be successful for girls can never be understood.

I liked her thoughts.I thought she was brilliant in fact. Which girl wants a husband who understands her?. They want only boys who can keep assuring them of love .

JJji It is all complex and very difficult to understand.

Some men who are getting harassed and troubled by wives due to laws meant to protect women see the need to float a forum to air their views.

There is the section 498A of dowry act which can be misused to send husband and inlaws to jail by scheming women.

Whenever any man tries for divorce, women take recourse to this option and slaps a dowry case .Any lawyer will help to do this.

Chennai courts are full of divorce cases from many high caste girls .

Last week one girl student of my prof wife came with a box of sweets to celebrate separation with mutual consent from husband. She thought , she was lucky and that

called for a celebration with a box of sweets.

The present society is sick with stories of rapes ,live ins and marriage break ups. This is what womens emancipation thru education and jobs has done to indian society

T
When the Anchor -a young married girl [marriage -1 year old] said ' Love is the most important thing between couples, the counsellor opined that if a girl understands a

boy more than only expressing love she will make a success of her marriage.But if a boy expresses his love for the girl freely instead of trying to understand her , he

will be successful for girls can never be understood.

Frankly speaking I have no idea what is important in marriage.

Is it love??

Is it security?

Is it financial security?

Is it a free supply of sex?

No idea.

I think for a successful marriage one does not have to think too hard.

Just be a caveman..caveman never divorced!

Frankly speaking I have no idea what is important in marriage.

Is it love??

Is it security?

Is it financial security?

Is it a free supply of sex?

No idea.

I think for a successful marriage one does not have to think too hard.

Just be a caveman..caveman never divorced!
If all knew what is important in marriage, all would be happy .

Also most do not know when they are happy. They realise they were happy earlier when only a misfortune strikes them.

There is no fixed formula for a happy marriage and what is important.

When we do not know what constitutes a successful marriage, better not get married or not think about it.lol

We do not know if cavemen had successful marriages. If they were ,why did they get out of caves and became part of the urban jungle and lament about rains entering

their homes?

In every family , when there are occassions when crucial decisions regarding marriage of children need to be taken in arranged marriages, the decision making passes

into the hands of someone who is the most assertive. It can be either be one of the parents or the child getting married. Many bring in outsiders belonging to extended families

to decide and finalise the nitty gritties of the marriage finalisation and celebration when some find it is beyond their capabilities.In the old days we had marriage

brokers who acted as middle men reconciliing the parties entering into a relationship.Now it is some one with stature in the extended family who enjoys the confidence of

the family.Recently , I came across an old aunt of a girl who had given her OK for an alliance with a boy in my extended family.The parents of the girl felt unequal to

the task of finalisation. The old aunt , a dynamic person started from interior tamilnadu braving the rains, went to bangalore and caught a flight to delhi to finalise the

marriage.I thought that was very bold. Not many would rough it out so much for a relative. All because there was a desire to have an engagement before margazhi .

How deadlines like this can dictate events? Some families are 'meenakshi ' families. The decision making is done by women alone. If the man of the family retires,

He becomes like the president of the country - a nominal head of the family and the ladies take over without a coup and no resistance whatsoever from menfolk.

Retired men with working wives and high flying and earning daughters face total marginalisation in many families.

Last edited:
With all this , most boys and girls cannot do without each other.

The equation between the two do keep changing over time .

One does not know who has got the better of the other at the end of life.

Those who take advantage of a marital relationship in initial stages ultimately pay a very heavy price at the fag end of life.

There is some invisible law which ensures that both get a chance to even out the scores.

The tiger of yester years ends up as a mouse after a few decades. lol

Moral of the story-Never do unto others what could be done to you later in life.Thats is the way to be wise in living.

There is some invible law which ensures that both get a chance to even out the scores

Is that law made visible?

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...GhdIOJ1KrInVeNIBg&sig2=bpMHC2ioM_YtCS_4mrtm0g

Man offering to pay money towards medical expenses of wife in return for divorce leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

As a society what is happening to us all?

Who is settling scores here?

Man offering to pay money towards medical expenses of wife in return for divorce leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

As a society what is happening to us all?

Who is settling scores here?

Marriage is a necessary evil. But, hindus have made it so complicated and made it something like a "sacred and holy union" just as in many other aspects of family and social life. While laws favouring gender equality have made the female into a superior party under the eyes of law, divorces, living-in system, etc., are being allowed in the name of gender equality and emancipation, etc. In these circumstances any young man falling for "marriage" is verily a fool who mortgages himself irrevocably.

The days of marriage and family being something to be cherished and preserved, has vanished and that the time has now come for men to avoid marriages and to depend, instead, on the sexual services offered by sex-workers. The society will move towards that but may be, very slowly.

The days of marriage and family being something to be cherished and preserved, has vanished and that the time has now come for men to avoid marriages and to depend, instead, on the sexual services offered by sex-workers. The society will move towards that but may be, very slowly.

These are (A)musings on marriage by Bernad Shaw!

The stupidity is only apparent: the service was really only an honest attempt to make the best of a commercial contract of property and slavery by subjecting it to some religious restraint and elevating it by some touch of poetry. But the actual result is that when two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part. And though of course nobody expects them to do anything so impossible and so unwholesome, yet the law that regulates their relations, and the public opinion that regulates that law, is actually founded on the assumption that the marriage vow is not only feasible but beautiful and holy, and that if they are false to it, they deserve no sympathy and no relief.

He said Marriage is a licenced Prostitution! Are you suggesting the same - 'Ulta" - Prostitution is unlicenced Marriage!

Marriage is a necessary evil. But, hindus have made it so complicated and made it something like a "sacred and holy union" just as in many other aspects of family and social life. While laws favouring gender equality have made the female into a superior party under the eyes of law, divorces, living-in system, etc., are being allowed in the name of gender equality and emancipation, etc. In these circumstances any young man falling for "marriage" is verily a fool who mortgages himself irrevocably.

Sangomji
You are right when you say that marriage has been made more equal for women reducing men to something near to slaves of women. There has to be some balance in

framing of laws governing relationships.

Preserving marriages using religion and concepts of sacredness and holy is making marriage into a religeous prison which lasts a lifetime. Getting out of it is

unthinkable for most.

Changes that make possible separation if the marriage becomes suffocating for either party is welcome . Gender equality only extends the facility of separation to

liberated women which only men had earlier, Now it is a two way street.Either can try walking out.It is probably good.

But the alternatives to marriage such as free sex [sometimes unprotected] increases the danger of contracting unwanted diseases due to multiple partners . But live in

may not be a bad option. It keeps both parties on toes both trying to be reasonable with each other. A looser bond in a marriage relationship may perhaps increase human

happiness.

It is not wise to talk of good and bad divorce.Divorce in case there are kids is bad for the kids and needs to be put off until threy are grown and leave the home IMHO.

In last generation incompatible couples carried on for lifetime under the same roof , agreeing to disagree on all matters and carry on with little or no communication

and both did what they were duty bound to do. Man providing the economic need and women cooking and raising children. Both lived their own separate lives under the same roof

doing their own things.

Men found interests outside [both career, mistress?] , Women not particularly caring for the man and only caring for the child and saying also to themselves that they

have to be with their man for the sake of their children beside economic need.It worked for a lifetime that way until one croaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back