• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

WATCH : NRI spends 55 crore for daughter's wedding in Kerala

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

[h=1]WATCH : NRI spends 55 crore for daughter's wedding in Kerala[/h]Kerala's richest NRI Ravi Pillai is reportedly spending Rs 55 crore for his daughter Arathi Pillai's high profile wedding with Kochi-based Adithya Vishnu in Kollam, Kerala today.

Pillai is the chairman of the Bahrain-headquartered RP Group with a net worth of Rs 19, 300 crore.

The wedding set, spread over eight acres, has cost more than Rs 23 crore. It has been designed by art director Sabu Cyril of "Baahubali" fame, reportsManoramaonline.

"The design is unique for this event. But it's largely modelled on the royal palaces of Rajasthan," said Sabu Cyril. It took him 75 days to create the wedding set.
Read more at: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/514089/watch-nri-spends-55-crore.html

The NRI Mr. Ravi Pillai has reportedly spent his own money of Rs. 55 Crores (legally earned ) for the marriage of his

own daughter
(not an adopted one).

If a person's declared net worth is Rs. 19,300 crores, then he could afford to do it to suit his status.

here is a quote from mr pillai

'Talking about the multi-crore ceremony, Ravi Pillai stated that his daughter's wedding is not an extravaganza. "Besides conducting my daughter's marriage in a good manner, I am also spending around Rs 10 crore for humanitarian initiatives. As part of it, as many as 2,000 cancer patients in the state will be given Rs 10,000 each as medical aid," said Pillai.

the issue i have with this statement, is that, to him, and to most of us, charity comes as an after thought. or a trickling effect. how much nicer it would have been, if his daughter had a registered wedding, and the entire amount spent on charity. what an impact THAT would make.

I am quite impressed with the news of Ravi Pillai's daughter's marriage plans. I appreciate and envy. I will also do similar or even better plan in my next birth. Because, in this birth, i have neither a daughter nor the money.

here is a quote from mr pillai

'Talking about the multi-crore ceremony, Ravi Pillai stated that his daughter's wedding is not an extravaganza. "Besides conducting my daughter's marriage in a good manner, I am also spending around Rs 10 crore for humanitarian initiatives. As part of it, as many as 2,000 cancer patients in the state will be given Rs 10,000 each as medical aid," said Pillai.

the issue i have with this statement, is that, to him, and to most of us, charity comes as an after thought. or a trickling effect. how much nicer it would have been, if his daughter had a registered wedding, and the entire amount spent on charity. what an impact THAT would make.
Most consider it a crime if someone well off enjoys his money.

If ravi pillai spends a few crores of his money on a wedding of his child , it is his sweet will . He is not spending tax payers money.

Also for others to decide the quantum of his charity is not wise. People ought to decide what to do with their own money and not comment on others lifestyle

Everywhere, it is the big fish that eats the smaller ones.

In Tamilnadu there was a horrible display of uncountable amount of wealth of unaccounted money for the marriage of the foster son.

If my memory is right, it is this three crore wedding that sunk Jaya’s political career then.

Her Party lost all the 39 Lak Sabha seats in 1996 in the next immediate election held after the wedding and she paid the penalty.

Most consider it a crime if someone well off enjoys his money.

If ravi pillai spends a few crores of his money on a wedding of his child , it is his sweet will . He is not spending tax payers money.

Also for others to decide the quantum of his charity is not wise. People ought to decide what to do with their own money and not comment on others lifestyle

thanks krish.

i am naturally programmed against big spending weddings. my point, here, was to exhort folks like mr pillai, to higher plane of action. also agreed that the economical windfall to many suppliers and their dependents here.

having said all this, if this high spending would only guarantee unlimited happiness to the couple and plenty of years of good health and contentment, i would go along. i was just thinking of the recent breakup of a society wedding 3 years ago, celebrated with all pomp.

narayana murthy's son + TVS grand daughter ie rohan murthy lakshmi venu. did not last inspite of all the money, did it?

thanks krish.

i am naturally programmed against big spending weddings. my point, here, was to exhort folks like mr pillai, to higher plane of action. also agreed that the economical windfall to many suppliers and their dependents here.

having said all this, if this high spending would only guarantee unlimited happiness to the couple and plenty of years of good health and contentment, i would go along. i was just thinking of the recent breakup of a society wedding 3 years ago, celebrated with all pomp.

narayana murthy's son + TVS grand daughter ie rohan murthy lakshmi venu. did not last inspite of all the money, did it?

hi

most pomp/show/celebrity weddings never last for longer....due to ego...recently from vijay tv anouncer tambra gal...

When in high society where both boy and girls family are very well off, marriage is more of a loose bond and not economic necessity to stick together.

There is no compulsion to stick together for a lifetime putting up with each others faults and negative traits.

When we see even in middle class families continuing for a lifetime in unhappy marriages citing children or some other compulsions, sometimes i think it is better

people go their different ways than hang to gether torturing each other.

Both the poor and rich classes have a more open and free life of getting into and out of relationships.It is the middle class which cheats itself talking of sanctity of

marriage or such things and lack the courage to face life independantly as individuals

May be the alleged multi crore arm chair Entepreneur and also happens to be one among the top ten business magnet of Delhi who mostly wanders in his colourful dreamland, comments on 'middle class' in his usual blabbering style. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

most pomp/show/celebrity weddings never last for longer....due to ego...recently from vijay tv anouncer tambra gal...

I am reminded of this quote:
nowadays-love-is-a-matter-of-chance-matrimony-a-matter-of-money-and-divorce-a-matter-of-course-quote-1.jpg

The Money was made out side India - Probable never filed IT returns as resident Indian and no tax due from him legally But chose to have this function in Kerla and spends huge sum Direct and indirct employment for event manangers and other responding to the call - Make in India! why grudge?

The Money was made out side India - Probable never filed IT returns as resident Indian and no tax due from him legally But chose to have this function in Kerla and spends huge sum Direct and indirct employment for event manangers and other responding to the call - Make in India! why grudge?

There is no grudge?

It is his hard earned money and he is spending for his own daughter’s wedding. But why this show off?

There is no grudge?

It is his hard earned money and he is spending for his own daughter’s wedding. But why this show off?

This is consumerism and is not a bad word. Days of consevatism are over Even the pay Hike for Govt. Servants is to encourage cosumerism and kick start the economy Do yop want these money bags to come to India and get treatment in Corporation Dispensaries Celebrate Weddings at Gurvayur Temple - spending practilly nothing instead of Big Fat Indian Wedding? We need their spending for economic activities The Medical Tourism Heritage Tourism all meant for that! Spening creates jobs!W#edding is a trendy Industy Nurture it Don't kill it - Make in India - attract industries!

JJ ji
No sense in lecturing on consumerism to hand to mouth operators.

They would be thinking of swach cess to be paid on every purchase, withdrawal of gas subsidy, reduction of water , power subsidies, vegetable, cooking oil,pulse prices,

poor increase in pensions.

Living well enjoying the good money by the elite in india and a few NRIs can only make the have nots grudge and criticize those who are vulgarly displaying their wealth in

celebrations

The opening of indian economy has fuelled consumerism . Organised sector employees and speculators in real estate ,traders , share market punters have made

millions leaving others far behind. When they display their money power in high class celebrations , the have nots can only feel left out and curse their lack of

enterprise to belong to charmed circles. The difference between the rich and the poor is rapidly expanding more. When will the system collapse to bring in a more

just

order we can only speculate.It may not happen in our lifetime . We are just lucky. We happened to be in the right place at correct times to get windfall benefits.Many

others are not lucky enough and lamenting regarding the unjust order and feel bad about the well offs who they think have easily got the riches with very little effort

Last edited:

Member who live hand to mouth in real life atleast may be allowed to get the satisfaction of writing like a royal prince.

Living at Delhi, one can see such people begging outside parliament for schemes such as gas subsidy, reduction of water , power subsidies, vegetable, cooking oil,pulse prices, poor increase in pensions, etc etc

They can only see in their colourful dream and in movies of others living well enjoying the good money. It is normal for such ‘have nots’ to admire such acts of rich vulgarly displaying their wealth in celebrations, but have no other alternative except to console themselves by praising. This may be hypocrisy.

While the rich can act, the poor can only dream and write like a man born with a sliver spoon atleast in postings.

This is consumerism and is not a bad word. Days of consevatism are over Even the pay Hike for Govt. Servants is to encourage cosumerism and kick start the economy Do yop want these money bags to come to India and get treatment in Corporation Dispensaries Celebrate Weddings at Gurvayur Temple - spending practilly nothing instead of Big Fat Indian Wedding? We need their spending for economic activities The Medical Tourism Heritage Tourism all meant for that! Spening creates jobs!W#edding is a trendy Industy Nurture it Don't kill it - Make in India - attract industries!

This business tycoon has all his businesses run at Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, but comes to India only to celebrate his daughter’s wedding.

I wish and pray that he extends his businesses also at Kerala, so that more people get employment, ultimately the State will grow industrially.

If my memory is right, it is this three crore wedding that sunk Jaya’s political career then.

Her Party lost all the 39 Lak Sabha seats in 1996 in the next immediate election held after the wedding and she paid the penalty.

Now JJ has regained almost all the Lok Sabha seats !
Is it a sign of approval of all her actions in the past and present, by the general public?

Now JJ has regained almost all the Lok Sabha seats !
Is it a sign of approval of all her actions in the past and present, by the general public?

One cannot guage the mood of general public. It is prone to swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back