• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Taittiriya Brahmanam & Taittiriya Aranyaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your message.

I am learning sanskrit, but it would be quite a while before I can understand. I have a rather quick need of translation.

By the way, the e-books downloaded do not open with winrar.

regards,
narayan

Dear Sri Venkataramani,

I really appreciate your efforts to help me find the translation of taitt. brahmanam and aranyakam. The sanskrit documents site gives a link only to the taitt. samhita translation and not the others.

I thank you for the efforts you have put in.

Regards,
narayan

Hello Shri Narayan ji,

1) Taittiriya Brahmana:

Here is the complete sanskrit text with english transliteration, but with no translation: http://www.sanskritweb.org/yajurveda/tb-comb.pdf

Its a 4MB pdf file. It will be useful in case you are studying mantras for any particular sacrifice mentioned in it.

The english translation was done by Paul Emile Dumont, and it is available with JSTOR publications (i have no idea how to order it online though, cud not find it listed with online book stores).

2) Taittriya Aranyaka:
Sanskrit text with english transliteration, but no translation: http://www.sanskritweb.org/yajurveda/ta-comb.pdf (1.4MB pdf file).

You can order the Taittriya Aranyaka online: The Taittiriya Aranyaka (3 Vols. in One) at Vedic Books

The translated part of the Pravargya Brahmana of the Taittiriya Aranyaka can be ordered online:
1) by Jan Houben:
Amazon.com: The Pravargya Brahmana of the Taittiriya Aranyaka: An Ancient Commentary on the Pravargya Ritual (9788120808683): Jan E. M. Houben: Books

2) by Joel Brereton:
Amazon.com: The Pravargya Brahmana of the Taittiriya Aranyaka: An Ancient Commentary on the Pravargya Ritual.(Review): An article from: The Journal of the American Oriental Society: Joel P. Brereton: Books (you can pay US$ 5.95 and download it online instantly).

You may also wish to try Bhaskara Bhatta Mishra's (english) commentary on Taittriya Aranyaka: Amazon.com: Contribution of Bhatta Bhaskara Misra to Vedic exegesis: A critical study of his commentary on the Taittiriya recension, with special reference to the ... sections (Studies in Indian religious texts): Sebastian J Carri: Books

For other vedic texts, this is a generally useful link: Index 2 You can also contact them and ask if they have english translations of taittriya brahmana and aranyaka.

Dear Happyhindu,

Thank you very much for the huge cache of information provided by you.
JSSTOR publications can only be accepted through University libraries who have subscribed to JSSTOR. The article published by Mr. Paul Emile Dumont is for American Philosophical Society and the said society, to the best of my knowledge, does not publish books for sale.

I will try to access the book through University library. Thanks for the information.

Regards,

narayan

Dear Zebra 16,

If you are a resident of Chennai, you can get all these from the
Sanskrit college library and also Adyar library. You can become
a member and borrow the books.

Regards,

I think they are available on the onlinebooks page.
Go the Sacred Boos of the East page where about 48 are ther and you may find it.
I have purchsed the books from Motilal Banarsidas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back