• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Disappointed by Modi, noted US investor dumps India

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Popular American businessman, investor and author Jim Rogers has finally lost his cool on the Indian growth story.
The iconic commodity trading guru and hedge fund manager, whose comments are closely followed by market participants globally, in an interview to a leading Indian business channel on Wednesday said that he was no longer investing in India.
In a brief telephonic conversation on the channel, Rogers said:"We all had banked on Mr (Narendra) Modi's approach. But, unfortunately nothing has happened in the last 15 months. We can't just invest on hope".
To a question on what was the nature of his investment in India, Rogers replied saying his investments are of long term nature.
Rogers is co-founder of the Quantum investment Fund and the creator of the Rogers International Commodities Index (RICI).
http://www.sify.com/finance/disappo...or-dumps-india-news-market-pjdl0Ujjiaicj.html

I think as Modi is not wanting any quick return to investors, he is acting cautiously..I remember the Harshad Mehta scam of the 90's and the Participatory notes gamble of P.Chidambaram & SEBI had to issue curbs in 2007 resulting in massive losses to investors

Participatory notes, etc., are even now hale and hearty and make the royal path for indian black money to be again invested in indian share markets and thus get good returns too.

Modi magic has waned too much. Only if Bihar is won by BJP can the Modi magic work again, at least feebly.

jim rogers will return.

He has to park the money somewhere.

If china and US are not good places with decent returns ,he might have to put up with india.

south east asian bubbles might burst.

malaysia or indonesia are taking big hits.

singapore is at best a trading outpost and oppurtunities are limited there.

Job creation in US I understand is not upto expectations. Data is not fully out.

Raghuramrajan says india is ready for interest rate hike in US.He is thumping his chest secure about his dollar chest he has salted away.

His only enemy is the indian govt which wants him to reduce interest rates too soon .

India does not have good economic talent in govt.

They can wait for R Rajans departure . His term ends in one year more .

jim rogers will return.

He has to park the money somewhere.

If china and US are not good places with decent returns ,he might have to put up with india.

south east asian bubbles might burst.

malaysia or indonesia are taking big hits.

singapore is at best a trading outpost and oppurtunities are limited there.

Job creation in US I understand is not upto expectations. Data is not fully out.

Raghuramrajan says india is ready for interest rate hike in US.He is thumping his chest secure about his dollar chest he has salted away.

His only enemy is the indian govt which wants him to reduce interest rates too soon .

India does not have good economic talent in govt.

They can wait for R Rajans departure . His term ends in one year more .

As per whole sale prices we are in deflation mode..Only retail inflation is positive...Interest rates should get reduced this month, I hope so!

As per whole sale prices we are in deflation mode..Only retail inflation is positive...Interest rates should get reduced this month, I hope so!
even if the interest rate get reduced by quarter or half percent , it is not likely to be an earth shaking event.

indian private sector wants only concessions .

they are the least interested in performing.

they want access to bank money which they would prefer not to return.

if NPA regime ends in banks and there is harsh enforcement for lending , the economy is unlikely to revive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back