• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gayaathri Mantram - Personal experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot has been said/debated/heard/interpreted on Gayathri Mantram. I would like to share how I chant Gayaathri mantra and my personal experiences below.

a. Chant Gayaathri mantra with love
b. When chanting Gayaathri mantra be aware that we are addressing/invoking a deity i.e devatha
c. When chanting Gayaathri mantra "be 100% in it". If not atleast be 100% attentive to it.
d. Chant Gayaathri mantra with close eyes (to the extent possible)
e. Chant Gayaathri mantra in the forehead or in between the eyebrows (netrikan or third eye)(if not, be attentive in third eye centre)
f. While chanting Gayaathri mantra, we can feel that the heat is raising in the body.
g. After chanting Gayaathri mantra for some time (say 1 hour), I can feel the devatha's presence. Thereafter i can feel her sitting in front of me (I don't visualize this at all..but still)
h. Sometimes I chant Gayaathri mantra at all times during the day (irrespective of the activity I am involved in/with). Doing so, my meditative state never goes down i.e I remain in meditate state throughout the day.

I understand from my guru that there are many paths to attain mukthi. The easier path is "Chanting Gayaathri mantra".

Chant it and be benefited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back