• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Sunday -a better one than many before.

Onions being sold at Safal vegetable booth opposite my home at controlled price of 38rs a kilo. Even I got tempted to do vegetable shopping.[I do not fancy myself as a

shopper of vegetables]. delhi govt has been kind enough to step in to help delhi consumers. Now homes are hoarding onions instead of wholesale traders..

I wonder what to do with onions . After trying out onion sambar,onion chutney I would have to get made onion bajjis. I am not a fan of onions. One develops a

tendency to buy and hoard scarce items like this. ...

Stock markets have bounced back though volatile, Raghuramrajan is promising interest rate cuts.....

Banks are making banking for ordinary people difficult with KYC . Just to collect a cheque book , I had resubmit PAN ID,address proof photo copies . cheque book

availabilty only after one week thru post.earlier ,one could get a free cheque leaf if we wanted one and cheque books were available across the table after filling a

slip.Now it has got very complicated for common folk to bank. added to it two saturdays off every month for banks in residential colonies is foolish.Thats the only

day office goers can spare time for banks as they are very inefficient and most cannot spare working days for them.Nationalised banks have outlived their utility

and there is a need to privatise them again perhaps

Delhi middle and high income RWA -resident welfare associations employ garhwalis and nepalis as watchmen . Like all watchmen, in one of the Pockets with

1500 flats, some were found taking a nap on night duty. Also many were spending early morning washing cars for extra income.RWA tried flexing muscles and

fired of some guilty. The watchmen hit back going on strike leading to thefts in a few flats. Police shrugged off after saying they will patrol with vans at night.

Private security men brought in overcharged sensing an oppurtunity to make a quick buck. Now ,residents are coughing up a lot of money for their security.lol

Really felt even a sleeping night watch man is not a bad proposition.Everyone requires sleep even underpaid watchmen.

Disappearance and murder of a youngster in mumbai has become voyeurs delight on TV it appears. I am unable to switch on any news channel as it is flooded

with gruesome details of the killing and the murder plot.Media is delighted it appears as one of their own is involved. The whole thing is sickening. Is there

nothing else in the country to report?

OROP fellows are continuing their hunger strilke. They were eagerly awaiting a settlement on 50th anniversary of 1965 war.It leaves a bad taste that old retd

defence personnel are being made to suffer like this.I sincerely hope justice is done to them.

Suddenly I find a lot many more are posting in bride/ bridegroom wanted ads in this forum.I think we can help some if we know of suitable matches.I find

many in thirtees or widowed/divorced are looking for matches. The plight of these is real.

Patels,gujjars and jats are planning joint action in delhi next week. so more of disruptions. when will delhi be peaceful?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back