• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Clarifications on post funeral rites

Status
Not open for further replies.
My periappa (father's own elder brother) passed away on 27th Aug 2015 @ 15.30 PM.
I participated in all final rites on 28th Aug 2015.
My father is alive.
I request Pandits / Scholars / Experienced Elderly Brahmins to clarify the following doubts.

(1) What is the mourning period, i.e. one year, etc. ?

(2) What are post rituals to be followed by me ?

(3) When will be Subham performed, 12th day or 13th day ?

(4) We have planned to leave on 8th Sep 2015 morning train for a wedding at outstation and the wedding is on 9th Sep 2015. To my calculation, 8th Sep 2015 falls on 13th day. Can we proceed on 8th Sep 2015, i.e. 13th day ?

I will be grateful for clarifications.
Regards.

manik aiyar

Are you bachlor or married. mourning period is one year to you all. As your father is alive , your father has to do kuzhi tharpanam for ten days on the tenth day. After attending 13th day you may proceed to attend wedding. subham must be performed only on 13th day. no post rituals for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back