• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Errors found in caste data

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHANDRU1849

Amid political uproar over the unreleased data from the Socio Economic and Caste Census 2014, Government on Tuesday said that more than 8.19 crore errors had been detected in the data of which 1.45 crore faults continue to exist.

All States and Union Territories have been informed for rectification of these errors. The States have rectified 6.73 crore errors and 1.46 crore errors remain.

The state-wise errors (in lakhs), which are yet to be rectified, is :

Maharashtra 69.1
MP 13.9
West Bengal 11.6
Rajasthan 7.2
UP 5.4
Karnataka 2.9
Tamil Nadu 1.4

What is the use of caste-wise data?

Will it not further aggravate casteist mindset of people?

SECC is putting systems into place to recheck and correct data.

Some inconvenient truths coming out of collected data is making many squirm in their seats

Caste data if correct can give an inkling of injustices caused by the past reservation policies of govt and make possible course correction in govt planning.

In particular , I am interested in knowing the data related to brahmins in all states in india.

In particular , I am interested in knowing the data related to brahmins in all states in india.

In my case the enumerator did not ask, and I had to insist on filling that column. Even in this forum there are a few who would like to hide this vital data. They must have ticked 'no caste' or 'not known'.

When asked the day at the end, why she did not ask about 'caste' and 'language', she said that the answers were obvious and would have filled them on her own.

SECC is putting systems into place to recheck and correct data.

Some inconvenient truths coming out of collected data is making many squirm in their seats

Caste data if correct can give an inkling of injustices caused by the past reservation policies of govt and make possible course correction in govt planning.

How do you "correct" the data?
So if the caste is missing they will guess it?

Collecting data or classification without purpose is utter waste of money.
Why not classify within various age ranges all those that are considered super-duper ugly, ugly to the bones, tolerable, not-worth-the look, could be considered beautiful, and candidate for model LoL

Collecting data or classification without purpose is utter waste of money.
Why not classify within various age ranges all those that are considered super-duper ugly, ugly to the bones, tolerable, not-worth-the look, could be considered beautiful, and candidate for model LoL
Who said collecting data/ classification without purpose?

All is done with the purpose of increasing reservation.

TBs ,as somebody pointed out , are all... shy of / not having the guts / on frustration .. did not even fill up the column.

What for, Krish Sir?

To absorb people from other castes as brahmins by way of inter-caste marriages? :)

We wish to absorb;
but the concerned do not wish to be absorbed in by foregoing the newly obtained social status (of being ) ....SC/ST/OBC etc.
and there by losing the prospects of passing on the legacy ( of enjoying benefits) to their descendants

What for, Krish Sir?

To absorb people from other castes as brahmins by way of inter-caste marriages? :)
My interest is what is the proportion of brahmins w,r.t to other communities.

What proportion of brahmins in india are tamil brahmins?

Would this site attract brahmins all over india or is its appeal limited to tamil speaking brahmins alone due to its content.

What is it that brahmins look for all over india that this forum does not provide.

Language cannot alone be the glue for brahmins to be cohesive.

I have looked at sites covering south indian brahmins as a whole or a district of tamilnadu alone.

These also have a clientele covering religion, temples,matrimony mostly .

some are popular only with overseas types also.

I have not seen any site catering to north indian brahmins. Could anyone tell me the possible reasons?

I have surfed thru the net.

Some data collected by CSDS[centre forstudy of developing society]

The % data of brahmins in our country is as follows

UP and j&K more than 9%[The brahmins of second category have since left J&K]

Rajasthan ,Gujarat ,W.Bengal ,Orissa , Karnataka -5to 9 percent

Others less than 5 percent.

More interesting On Status of brahmins. A french journalist Francois Gautier who has spent many years in india thinks there is a lot of reverse discrimination '. It is a

political compulsion due to relevance of caste in elections.

Brahmin priests earn far less than Imams or christian priests.In fact Officials manning the temple boards get 5-6 times more than the priests.

In delhi many brahmins manage sulabh sauchalyas [5to 6 per shauchalaya].It is believed ,it is so because the founder of these toilets is a brahmin.

Most of the rickshaw pullers in Patel nagar in west Delhi are brahmins from UP and bihar

Delhi has a huge population of migrated J and k Brahmins.

All the above info is taken from the net by searching brahmins on google.

I do not vouch for the info . Anyone can see it on net.

Ramani has a blog on brahmins of india where he has listed all the brahmin communities in india. It makes interesting reading.

Wikipedia also lists the brahmin communities in various states of india.

Last edited:
They will take another 3,4 years in 'rectifying' the errors. By that time the data will be out dated.Futile exercises.
Alwan

I do not vouch for the info . Anyone can see it on net......................

No need to verify. The Data, may be, almost nearer to true one.

Villages form the core of the population data.Even in villages of Tamilnadu, the percentage of Brahmins may not exceed 4 -7 %.
Having in mind the reality of the situation, considering the plight of the community, we have to think, at the best what we can do for the survival of the community.

Strategies
for the survival of the community, if any, to be thought of with the active participation of youngsters who are left to shoulder/face the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back