• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to dispose off small Pictures with God's image on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to dispose off small Pictures with God's image on it?

Every Hindu home must be having a number of small pictures with God's image on it; also calendars with God's pictures, broken mud God Idols, Broken plastic idols etc.

Hindu Temples do not accept these pictures and one can not dispose them off in a pool of water like a lake or river as these Paper, plastic, mud items may pollute the river. lake or even running stream.

puja-idol-in-river.png

Disposal of used flowers is more easier as i usually put them in a pit and later on it becomes usable fertilizer for plants.

But disposing off these paper, plastic and mud items is not easy as we attach a sentiment with them.

Can we burn the paper Pictures, give plastic pictures to waste paper walls, destroy the mud idols ? Members please suggest a solution .

There is no point in disposing them off unless one makes sure no fresh, new ones occupy the place where the discarded one was there.

Last edited:

Since all others are :tape: I am here! :typing:

IF we believe that God / Goddess WON'T harm us if the pictures and idols are disposed of, then this is the way.

Burn all the extra paper pictures. Agni Bhagwan will take care.

Immerse the mud idols in water; then pour the solution in a pit and cover it with soil.

Plastics can be given to waste paper wallah and he will rack his brain about disposal!
Hence :peace:!

Since all others are :tape: I am here! :typing:

IF we believe that God / Goddess WON'T harm us if the pictures and idols are disposed of, then this is the way.

Burn all the extra paper pictures. Agni Bhagwan will take care.

Immerse the mud idols in water; then pour the solution in a pit and cover it with soil.

Plastics can be given to waste paper wallah and he will rack his brain about disposal!
Hence :peace:!

Yes, Agree with you

I had a talk with one Sasthrigal, he was also suggesting in the same line as yours.

Since a Suggestion has come up now, other members may come up with some other solution.

Thanks for your reply

The picture in OP is from http://lifebeyondnumbers.com/the-puja-and-its-disposal/

This is a real problem created because of our customs. In all the Marriages & other regular Functions the families invariably present God;s Pictures/ smaller ones & gifts of sorts & sizes, one does not know , as to what to do ? Many are just Artificial items & it would be our fault to give Godliness to those items & get into problems as mentioned.
All such items, we all should agree will turn into Trash, like those Magazines thrown to Waste paper shop, containing Photos of gods ?
We should not attach your mind ,( for no fault of yours ) for those trivial items & quietly tear them on Pongal Day & then wait for next lot for the next year, to do the same Ritual. because you & I are helpless I would say that if you start doing it you will stop worrying .
A.Srinivasan

Returning articles to the five elements is the best way out.

This is a real problem created because of our customs. In all the Marriages & other regular Functions the families invariably present God;s Pictures/ smaller ones & gifts of sorts & sizes, one does not know , as to what to do ? Many are just Artificial items & it would be our fault to give Godliness to those items & get into problems as mentioned.
All such items, we all should agree will turn into Trash, like those Magazines thrown to Waste paper shop, containing Photos of gods ?
We should not attach your mind ,( for no fault of yours ) for those trivial items & quietly tear them on Pongal Day & then wait for next lot for the next year, to do the same Ritual. because you & I are helpless I would say that if you start doing it you will stop worrying .
A.Srinivasan

Really sorry to see that no member has come up with any solution so far!!

See PJ sir..if RR ji did not respond..there would have been no traffic in this thread.

So you need RR ji to activate most of your threads!LOL

Most of my Threads in Mahaperiyava, Sai Lives, Web Sources, Temples, Natural Remedies , My Collections, Threads In Music Section, are for sharing an information.

My Threads in Chit Chat and Religion and Sociology is getting reply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back