• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No fair treatment for money paid at housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Hare Krishna
Yesterday (Sunday 06/28/15) my mother was briefing me about yesterday's episode of 'Neeya - Naana'. It seems one LIC Agent went to buy an apartment in India. After the deal was struck, the LIC Agent was taken aback upon learning the builder had not allocated a car parking space for him, like he had done for the others. Upon inquiry, the LIC Agent was told that since he was employed rather simply, he wouldn't be purchasing a car immediately, that it would take a very long time for him to purchase one, and that is why he has been allotted a 2-wheeler parking facility. Taken aback, the LIC Agent, who had the advantage of his wife being suitably employed, went and purchased a car in 1/2 hr and got a car parking space allotted by the builder!

Similar experiences - felt/heard?

This is very common .

In my society in chennai, it is open space for parking

some have occupied parking space for two cars.

I could not get space for parking for my tenant

I was told if someone vacates I can get slot for parking.

All own flats .

some managing committee members or their favourites take undue advantage.

this issue is specific to chennai.

Chennai real estate market is not structured as in Delhi...There is an asking price for car parking in Delhi/Gurgaon..If it is stilt parking then rent can vary from Rs 5000 to Rs 10000...Open parking also has a rent...Can go up to Rs 3000/...It is income to the society and trouble free existence for the car owner

Bulk of delhi with DDA low ,middle and high income flats were not with car parking. all park on the roads opposite free. We also have housing societies high rises with

ground floor parking ,We also have the record for maximium car thefts. Since delhi is a small state with porous borders ,it is easy to drive stolen cars to haryana,UP .

The discussion is about car parking but just go through this following news which talks about shattered dreams of some of the Chennaities. People paying EMI for the apartments that really don’t exist at all! How pathetic the plight of these people at Chennai.

"A year on, the nightmare lingers

For residents in the vicinity of the Moulivakkam building collapse site, the tragedy still casts a shadow on their lives

• moulivakkam_2453369g.jpg
    • endless torment:Many residents near the fallen building have been asked to vacate their homes for fear of the second building of the complex collapsing —Photo: G. Krishnaswamy
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Moulivakkam, near Porur, people still imagine they can hear the low thunderous boom that shook the area when the building collapsed a year ago. That, and the flashing images that keep coming back: the rubble, the bodies, the cries for help.

On June 28, 2014, a multi-storey building under construction on Kundrathur Main Road collapsed after a downpour. “It was a black Saturday, one that all of us want to forget,” says a resident of Rajarajan Nagar in Moulivakkam.

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/chennai/a-year-on-the-nightmare-lingers/article7359733.ece
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A year later, flat owners' trust at nadir

Many of them turn bankrupt since the Moulivakkam building collapse

A year after the 11-storey apartment complex under construction collapsed in Moulivakkam, a western suburb near Porur, families who had invested in the project feel they have been left in the lurch.

The Moulivakkam Trust Heights Affected Flat Buyers Association charged that neither the government nor bankers from whom they had borrowed huge sums were sensitive to their plight.

Many of them turned bankrupt since the building in which they invested their hard earned money collapsed, killing 61 people.

The association’s president Ratna Mishra said: “We pay the equated monthly instalments (EMIs) for a home that we do now own and with no sign of any response from the builders, the government and lending institutions, we bear the huge financial losses and go through severe stress everyday.”

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...flat-owners-trust-at-nadir/article7365325.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

i had some kind of similar thing....in my own land....we have three floors....i constructed the house and sold to other 2 flats....we have 3

car parking....we dont have car...so all others occupied my car space also.....suddently my mother sub let car park for neighbor and got charges

for car parking....now we got car park and rent also.....its called CHENNAI.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back