• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sooktam to read before bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohm Namashivaya,

Vanakkam,

Can some one who know, which sooktam to be read just before bathing, please reply the sooktam name and links for the mp3 and tamil text copy.

would be better if you post those mantrams in the post. and also if possible please give the sanskrit and english version links our members will be using.

A lot of thanks in Advance!

Ohm Namashivaya,

Vanakkam,

Can some one who know, which sooktam to be read just before bathing, please reply the sooktam name and links for the mp3 and tamil text copy.

would be better if you post those mantrams in the post. and also if possible please give the sanskrit and english version links our members will be using.

A lot of thanks in Advance!
The sooktham to recite before bath is called aghamarshana sooktam which literaaly means washing away sins.I do not know whether any website has it.Probably you can approach subakariyam.net of Rajagopal Ghanapaatigal who runs an excellent magazine called Vaidikaashri in Chennai

Ohm Namashivaya,

Thank you for the info brother, i will try to approach and if i get it i will post that script in this same forum.

Clarification on reciting Sooktam

I have seen pundits reciting Purusha Suktam while conducting the last rites. Can anybody clarify whether it can be recited in such occassions.
S.Sridharan

Suktham before bathing

Hi Sivaram,
Just found your post.

There are 2 suktham's one can read for mantra snanam. I am not sure if this is the same as what you need - suktham before bathing. They are PAVAMANA SUKTHAM & AGAMARSHANA SUKTHAM. You can get the text from a book published by Ramakrishna math called Taitriya upanishad mantras (tamil version).

In any Tapas kshetram the priest has to do mantra snanam before doing pooja to the deity. This is what is prescribed in the vedas. I am not sure ordinary people benefit by doing mantra snanam daily. This will apply to temples such as guruvayoor, Tiruparamkundram, palani, , Madurai meenakshi, etc

Website Link

Here is the link to the website:

SubaKariyam

The sooktham to recite before bath is called aghamarshana sooktam which literaaly means washing away sins.I do not know whether any website has it.Probably you can approach subakariyam.net of Rajagopal Ghanapaatigal who runs an excellent magazine called Vaidikaashri in Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back