• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bharathiyar ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sapr333

வேறு சில அலுவல்களின் ஈர்ப்பினால் பாரதியை கவனிக்க இயலவில்லை ...S.O.S.. I need some help here..Lost touch with his poem, after school days...Bharathi is my rock star!!

Please google and just 'cut & paste' your favorite Kavithai of Mahakavi Bharathiyar, our national poet..Let exchange our thoughts by using his poem as a platform.
Tamil-script is perfectly a welcoming one here..I would be very greatful, if members could share the respective audio streaming links.

Also, post some movie song lyrics, which were adopted from his poems.

Audio link:-
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/moviedetail.asp?mid=T0001355

bha.jpg

Last edited:
Bharathiyar on women empowerment:-

மாட்டை யடித்து வசக்கித் தொழுவினில்
மாட்டும் வழக்கத்தைக் கொண்டு வந்தே,
வீட்டினில் எம்மிடங் காட்ட வந்தார்,அதை
வெட்டி விட்டோ மென்று கும்மியடி

நல்ல விலை கொண்டு நாயை விற்பார்,அந்த
நாயிடம் யோசனை கேட்ப துண்டோ ?
கொல்லத் துணிவின்றி நம்மையும் அந்நிலை
கூட்டிவைத் தார்பழி கூட்டி விட்டார். (கும்மி)

கற்பு நிலையென்று சொல்ல வந்தார்,இரு
கட்சிக்கும் அஃது பொதுவில் வைப்போம்;
வற்புறுத் திப்பெண்ணைக் கட்டிக்கொடுக்கும்
வழக்கத்தைத் தள்ளி மிதித்திடுவோம். (கும்மி)

I can draw parallels to my sweet heart Bharathiyar and to my favourite rock star 'Pink Floyd'..

Bharathi Said

'When you say Bharat you will lose your fear of your enemies…We will make weapons, produce good paper, we will build big factories and create great schools. We will never rest, nor sleep; we will be truthful and excel..

Floyd said,
Shall we get into fights
Leave the lights on
Drop bombs
Do tours of the East
Contract diseases
Bury bones
Break up homes
Send flowers by phone
Take to drink
Go to shrinks
Give up meat
Rarely sleep
Keep people as pets
Train dogs
Race rats
Fill the attic with cash
Bury treasure
Store up leisure
But never relax at all

Last edited:
Hi to all, need ur urgent help

Hi Everybody,

I need any one of your help , Due to some official trip , i came to mumbai for some day, unfortunately i can't go back to my native on our
festival "Avani Avitam"

If any one having any tamil version document for how we need to do the avani avitam and what are all the mantra's need to follow.

Please send to my mail id [email protected]

thanks
Regards

Shri.Arrorganesh, this thread is about "Bharathiyar'. You may open a new thread, or post in the relevant threads..

If possible, delete this post. Thanks

காயிலே புளிப்பதென்னே என்ற பாரதி பாடலில் வரும் திக்கிலே தெளிந்ததென்னே என்ற வரிக்குப் பொருள் தெரிந்தவர்கள் யாராவது சொல்லுங்களேன்.
விக்ரம

சுதந்திரத் திருநாள் சிந்தனை

சுதந்திரம் வந்து 62 ஆண்டுகள் ஆன இன்று, அதற்கு 30 ஆண்டுகள் முன்பே தீர்க்க தரிசனத்துடன் சுதந்திரம் வந்துவிட்டதாகப் பள்ளு பாடிய பாரதியை நினைக்காவிட்டால் நாம் நன்றி மறந்தவர்களாவோம்.

பாரதி இந்தியாவிற்குச் சுதந்திரம் வேண்டியது எதற்காகத்தெரியுமா? வேதநெறி தழைக்கத்தான்.

எல்லா உயிர்களிலும் இறைவன் உள்ளான் என்ற வேதக் கருத்தை உலகிற்கு அளிக்கத் தகுதி பெற்ற ஒரே நாடு இந்தியா தான் என்று அவர் கருதினார்.

எல்லா உயிர்களிலும் நானே இருக்கிறேன்
என்றுரைத்தான் கண்ண பெருமான்
எல்லோரும் அமர நிலை எய்தும் நன்முறையை
இந்தியா உலகிற்களிக்கும் – ஆம்
இந்தியா உலகிற்களிக்கும் – ஆம் ஆம்
இந்தியா உலகிற்களிக்கும் - வாழ்க

இந்தியா தாழ்ந்து நின்றால் உலகனைத்திலும் அஞ்ஞான இருள் பரவி விடும். எனவே தான் பாரதி இந்தியா சுதந்திரம் பெற வேண்டும் என்று பாடுபடுகிறார்.

“சுதந்திர தேவியின் ஒளி பெறாவிடில் அங்கு அறிவுண்டோ, ஆக்கமுண்டோ?
காவிய நூல்கள், ஞானக் கலைகள், வேதங்களுண்டோ?”
என்று கேட்கிறார்.

மேலும் மற்றோரிடத்தில்,

“வேத நூல் பழிக்கும் வெளித் திசை மிலேச்சர்
பாதமும் பொறுப்பாளோ பாரத தேவி?”

என வினவுகிறார். ஏனெனில் அம்மிலேச்சர்,

“மாதர் கற்பழித்தலும் மறையவர் வேள்விக்கு
ஏதமே சூழ்வதும் இயற்றி நிற்கின்றார்”

எனவே பாரதி இந்தியாவிற்குச் சுதந்திரம் வேண்டியது இங்கு வேத நெறி தழைக்கவும், அதன் மூலம் உலகெங்கிலும் அறம் ஓங்கி வளரவும் தான். நன்றி - பாரதி செய்த வேதம் www.sangapalagai.com - Tamil Stories & eBooks Online

Vikrama, thanks for the wonderful post..

Needs translation..மிலேச்சர்

And couldnt comprehend these 2 lines clearly. needs some PorUl vIlaKkam.
மாதர் கற்பழித்தலும் மறையவர் வேள்விக்கு
ஏதமே சூழ்வதும் இயற்றி நிற்கின்றார்

it is gut wrenching to note how even bharathiyaar is not spared when it comes to obfuscation.

the master obfuscator claims to be not knowing what's 'milechar' and yet he is a fan of bharathiyaar !!!

explaining bharathiyaar to the obfuscator is insulting the memory of the great poet bharathi ; and that too on the day of our independence.

this obfuscator is a standing testimony to the abysmal lengths the missionaries can go to further their cause of conversion.

i am appalled !

Shri.hari,

Hey! pls dont create a scene out of it..

I still dont know the meaning of that word..

Matter of fact, this is the first time Im coming across the word "Millechar". before posting here, I even googled it, but coudnt..

I can read and write perfect flawless Tamil, but I do have some problem in understanding classical/literature/poetic tamil vocabs..Most of the times I always rely on 'ViLakKa Urai'.. A guide book in school..

Now,from your post, I could make a wild guess, that, terminology is referring to a 'Missionary'.. even then, it doesnt tally with the last stanza of poem..

For a fear harbored man, all that seen in black is Ghost!! Relax, said the night man,I'm programmed to receive you!!

Last edited:
sapr,

dont prefix my name with any salutations ; coming from you, it's phony and creepy.

i couldnt care less about what you know or dont know in tamil and so stop peddling your prowess.

and dont dare me.....i dont fear you....do you get it ? i dont fear you.

it is you who havent answered direct questions, always looking for alibi to evade response.

i cant be befuddled by either your sophistry or phony warmth.

your tricks will be wasted on me.

let this be the last time you try any advise with me....i put you on notice.

Shri.KRS, thanks for the info..

I was also wondering how I missed it. Then checked the history pages in browser... Its seems I have searched (millechar+tamil).. No wonder, I'm a "Taurpauline filtered mAndU..

Anyways, Shri.Pannvalan gave a timely helping hand,with the right frame of mind and approach..

Btw, could you pls help me out with a googled info on Vikrama's post No.6.. For quite sometime, I've been struggling with that.. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Dear Vikrama,

"Dhikkile thelindhathenna" means showing a clear path or direction. Kannan is there to show you proper direction when you are at the crossroads.

This line comes under 'Kannan thudhi', eulogising the virtues of Kannan, signifying that he is the cause, meaning and purpose of every action in everybody's life.

நன்றி

அறியாமைச் சேற்றிலே குழம்பிக் கொண்டிருந்தேன். பொருள் புரிந்து கொள்ளவேண்டிய திசையைச் சுட்டிக் காட்டித் தெளிய வைத்ததற்காகப் பண்வளனாருக்கு நன்றி.

This is dedicated to Sri sapr333, the starter of this thread. Hope he does not have any problem in understanding the following lines of Bharathi.
One more request to Sri sapr333:- Could you please edit the title of the thread by removing the words, தாமதத்திற்கு மன்னிக்கவும். I think it would make the thread more relevant to the topic.
Coming to today's post:- Whenever I am confronted with some seemingly insurmountable problem, I sing the following poem of Bharathi. Especially, the third stanza makes me feel safe in the protective custody of 'vel' dancing jubilantly and destroying my worries effortlessly.
ஓம் சக்தி ஓம் சக்தி ஓம்- பராசக்தி
ஓம்சக்தி ஓம்
ஓம் சக்தி ஓம் சக்தி ஓம்சக்தி - ஓம்சக்தி
ஓம்சக்தி ஓம்
1 கணபதிராயன் அவன் இரு காலைப் பிடித்திடுவோம்
குணமுயர்ந்திடவே விடுதலை கூடி மகிழ்ந்திடவே
2 சொல்லுக்கடங்காவே பராசக்தி சூரத்தனங்களெல்லாம்
வல்லமை தந்திடுவாள் பராசக்தி வாழி என்றே துதிப்போம்
3 வெற்றி வடிவேலன் அவனுடை வீரத்தினைப் புகழ்வோம்
சுற்றி நில்லாதே போ, பகையே துள்ளி வருகுது வேல்
4 தாமரைப் பூவினிலே சுருதியைத் தனி இருந்து உரைப்பாள்
பூமணித் தாளிணையே கண்ணிலொற்றிப் புண்ணியம் எய்திடுவோம்
5 பாம்புத் தலைமேலே நடம் செய்யும் பாதத்தினைப் புகழ்வோம்
மாம்பழ வாயினிலே குழலிசை வண்மை புகழ்ந்திடுவோம்
6 செல்வத் திருமகளைத் திடம் கொண்டு சிந்தனை செய்திடுவோம்
செல்வமெல்லாம் தருவாள் நமதொளி திக்கனைத்தும் பரவும்

Under "Aaru Thunai", the poet lists the different manifestations of Parasakthi. As you have rightly remarked, the beauty and effectiveness of the third stanza (kanni), particularly its second line describing the Vel's wavy trajectory, coming readily to the rescue of the followers are simply superb and quite unique to Bharathi. I have several times read this, recited this and rejoiced and relieved.

This is dedicated to Sri sapr333, the starter of this thread. Hope he does not have any problem in understanding the following lines of Bharathi.
O
ne more request to Sri sapr333:- Could you please edit the title of the thread by removing the words, தாமதத்திற்கு மன்னிக்கவும். I think it would make the thread more relevant to the topic.

Shri.Vikrama, I'm delighted that you ahve dedicated this to me.. Thank you.

Regarding "தாமதத்திற்கு மன்னிக்கவும். " I tried to cut an paste an intersting catchy caption there (In TAMIL Txt), but the full message didnt come out in the header.. Sad, I couldnt delete that now, cos the header message dont have any edit option...

See if Mods/Admin' could delete that text..

Btw, I could understand the entire poem, perfectly, without any difficulty.. Keep posting some more interesting kavithaigal..

Actually, in our childhood days, we had a big hard bound book of "Bharathiyar Kavithaigal' with Pozhippurai and vilakkavurai.. And during summer holidays, its a mom's mandate for the sibling to finish 3 pages in the morning, only then, we will be given permission to go out of house to play in the nearby school ground..

After some years, lost touch with his poems..

sapr333,
Had you really finished 3 pages of Bharathi everyday in your childhood, you would have been different from what you are today. Perhaps you memorized only his words, never got into their meaning, in spite of the hardbound volume of pozhippurai and vilakkavurai

ஒன்று பரம்பொருள்

Dear vikrama Ji,

Despite numerous warnings and requests you still keep on posting in only Tamil. Please consider this as a warning to you. If you keep on doing this, you will not be allowed to post.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited by a moderator:
Poetry can only be enjoyed in that respective language of origin, and translations will only make it stale.

Exactly. That is why we do allow postings in any language as long as there is translation provided for folks who do not know that language. A stale bread is better than no bread at all to those who are hungry.

Regards,
KRS

Poetry can only be enjoyed in that respective language of origin, and translations will only make it stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back