• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kashi Yatra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends,

My hearty Greeting to you all. This is my first posting.

I have planned to have my first trip to Allahabad, Kashi & Gaya. Since both my parents have attained the lotus feet, I would like to perform all rituals and kriyas. I will be happy to learn the same with details. There is a suggestion from some of my relatives that we should first visit Rameshwaram and do the rituals there and then only should go Kashi. Again after visiting Kashi, we have to once again go to Rameshwaram. I want to know the sequence of the rituals that are to be performed.

With best wishes,
NRV

In case of any travel tips I can be of helpful to you.. You may even add Haridwar & Rishikesh, which will make a tringular trip..

Last edited:
kashi yatra

Hello every body
this is i query for kashi yatra.
As you said the kashi yatra and gaya shradham starts from ramaswaram.. first the eldest son along with all other brothers and their wifes if married goes to rameswaram and perform rituals and poojas and take holy sand from ramaswaram from the ocean. with the sand go to allahabad. perfrom poojas and go to triveni sangamam. this sand is put in triveni sagamam and at the triveni ie the ganga,yamuna, and saraswathi there are poojas (it is in the center of water and perfromed in boat). taking holy water ganga from thriveni sangamam proceed to kashi. in kashi there are various poojas to be perfromed in namels 6 ghats( there are 64 to be perfromed) that also in the river and poojas will be conducted in the boat. from their to gaya. there perfrom the shradham to the parents.there is also poojas to be performed in phalguni nadi, vishnu pad and akshya vadam. the right time is feb to april. note all your ancestores names including grandfathers father and mother and wifes ancesteors also. hope some information you get, for more details check with some kashi temple sites. or in tamilnadu temples sites.
thank you
shankarkrishna
Dear Friends,

My hearty Greeting to you all. This is my first posting.

I have planned to have my first trip to Allahabad, Kashi & Gaya. Since both my parents have attained the lotus feet, I would like to perform all rituals and kriyas. I will be happy to learn the same with details. There is a suggestion from some of my relatives that we should first visit Rameshwaram and do the rituals there and then only should go Kashi. Again after visiting Kashi, we have to once again go to Rameshwaram. I want to know the sequence of the rituals that are to be performed.

With best wishes,
NRV

Dear NRV

I would like to know the following details of placing gods vigraham and photos in pooja room.

1, can photos of grandfathers or parents who are not alive be placed along with gods.
2, can photos of guru named sankararacharya or ramana maharshi or others can be placed along with other gods and have daily pooja and naivadyam , deeparadhanai etc.
3, whether guru photo has to be placed separately in peedam and conduct separate guru pooja.
4, photos of male gods and females gods in which direction east, west or north.

Please give your valuable advice.

Thank you.

Shankar Krishna

Pooja Room

Shri Shankar Krishna,

Though I am not an authority to suggest on this subject, I can share the information I had gathered from my house Vadhyar (late: Shri Sundara Vadhyar of Nurani Village, Palakkad) and my wife, who is very devoted in various poojas. Whenever you get any other authentic suggestion from knowledgeable person, you may feel free to adopt it.

1. Late Parents/Grand Parents photos should not be kept in Pooja Room, but can be hung in a separate hall facing North and you can do the Namaskarams towards South.

2. Gurus are our known Gods, who lived in our own forms and can be kept alongwith all other photos of Gods.

3. If you like to do Guru Pooja separately, it would be better to have an Idol over a Peedam instead of Photo.

4. Generally Photos facing east is preferred. West is also acceptable. However Photos of Gods, which depicts Ugram like KAALI, Narasimha, Siva in Udra Thandavam etc. are to placed on the norther wall facing south. Ayyappan, Palani Andvar, Hanuman also can be hung or the northern wall, so that you can have special poojas for them when occassion arises.

Hope the information will be useful to you.

Regards,

NRV

Hello,
In case you require any help in Kashi,my co-brother is the resident of holy city of kashi for more than 3 decades he can arrange for Vadhyar etc.In case you need his full details please revert.

Thanks,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy

Hello,
In case you require any help in Kashi,my co-brother is the resident of holy city of kashi for more than 3 decades he can arrange for Vadhyar etc.In case you need his full details please revert.

Thanks,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy
Dear Ramesh Krishnamoorthy,

Thank you for your response. Please give me his contact details and I shall get in touch with him. For your information, I am already in contact with few persons there based on the feed back received from my relatives and I would like to explore all possibilities of saving on expenditure to the maximum extend possible.

regards,
NRV

nrv,

i have written elsewhere re my experiences in kasi. i do not wish to regurugitate those again.

my only caution, is that if you feel strongly about dhaanams going to the right folks, try to negotiate this (i don't know how) before contracting out to the ganapaadigals.

i gave 50,000 ruppees lumpsum in 2000 to one priest. all the money went to him. the people who received dhaanams, got nothing, as right in front of my eyes, they returned the gifts.

personally, i think, cash dispensations as dhaanams will be better utilized, than the veshtis, podavais and brass vessels.

hope you don't mind my input.

thank you.

Dear Nrv,

His name is Mr.P.S.Venkataramanan his mail id is [email protected],you can write to him quoting my name from Mumbai.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy

Dear Ramesh Krishnamoorthy,

Thank you for your response. Please give me his contact details and I shall get in touch with him. For your information, I am already in contact with few persons there based on the feed back received from my relatives and I would like to explore all possibilities of saving on expenditure to the maximum extend possible.

regards,
NRV

Kashi (varanasi)

Dear Friends,

I am a Tamil Brahmin settled in Kashi for over 30 years. Previously I was with Intelligence Bureau and now for over 27 years I am with SBI.

I consider it a pleasure to help fellow South Indians in their smooth conduct of Kashi Yatra and other rituals in Kashi.

Recently we have also a written a book titled Temples of Kashi (Based on Kashi Khand) after extensive research, which has been well appreciated by people from various places in India.

I wish all of you a very very happy and prosperous life.

(P.S. VENKATARAMANAN)

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

Thank you very much for your valuable input. In fact I am of the same opinion like you and shall keep the suggestion in mind.

Thank you once again

NRV

nrv,

i have written elsewhere re my experiences in kasi. i do not wish to regurugitate those again.

my only caution, is that if you feel strongly about dhaanams going to the right folks, try to negotiate this (i don't know how) before contracting out to the ganapaadigals.

i gave 50,000 ruppees lumpsum in 2000 to one priest. all the money went to him. the people who received dhaanams, got nothing, as right in front of my eyes, they returned the gifts.

personally, i think, cash dispensations as dhaanams will be better utilized, than the veshtis, podavais and brass vessels.

hope you don't mind my input.

thank you.

Dear Sri Ramesh Krishnamurthy,

Thank you very much for your information. Since I did not visit this sight for a week I could not reply you immediately. In fact today I saw a posting from Sri P.S. Venkataramanan also and I shall communicate with him for any assistance.

regards

NRV

kasi pilgirmage

Dear Sir.
For kasi pilgrimage following tips from my end

1. Go to Rameswaram and perform ceremonies according
to your capacity and should go to Dhanushkodi with
priest (extreme end ) do jabas there collect the sand
after the functions there priest will guide you.
Charge Rs 750 for jeep to take you there .
One sri Venkatraman ganapadigal will be very fine
who is the son in law of Swarkiya Babu Sastrigal.
No cheating. They will arrange for your food also.

2.Take the sand from Rameswaram .
Should go to
1.Allahabad Thiriveni sangamam through Sivamadam there.
,mix the sand in the sangamam and collect water from there
Gangai water should not be collected from Kasi. That can
only be sealed there with Chettiar shop in KASI Later.

At Allahabad Do hiranyashrardham all will be guided.
Donot go to boat on your own go through siva madam.
Food also will be provided after Shrardha here in Sivamadam.

2. Go to Kasi and there You can go to Hanuman ghat where
you can hire priests from our place with food and accommodation
they will arrange things at Kashi as well for Gaya at KARNATAka
bhavan.
At kashi over Ganges Six ghats you have perform in the boat
and one over land with priest
At gaya prefer Karnataka Bhavan
Three places at GAYA to be performed
Book your jouney by train to GAYA From your place itself in
advance road is not that much helpfull unless you have good
groups.

For Allahabad KASI GAYA all three places
Minimu Expenditure Rs7000/=
There are slabs for this according to your purse
Next Stage is Rs 10000 around

Your things all will be taken care right from Allahabad Railway stn
Upto KASI GAYA AND BACK without any cheating with guide
receiving you at Allahabad and through
I have done through ...
Kasi Maha Deva Ganapadigal

your stay food and accommodation everything will be smooth
Donot mistake me I am not an agent
Just Help.

After Return from KASHI go to Rameshwaram and do
abhishekam to lingam there with gangai water you brought.
Nothing special function for this

Dear Sir,
Doing at Rameshwaram is a part of the procedure .
But everything depends upon the mind . Perform and
need not perform both are available with the system.
That is the beauty of our system . Wonderful concepts.
நாத்திகத்திலும் ஆத்திகம் காணும் . ஆகமாக நூல்களில்
கோவிலுக்கு செல்லுதல் விக்ரக ஆராதனை
ஆகியன தேவையில்லை என்றும் கூறும் சத்தியத்தை
தாங்கியது நமது தர்மம் .

My parents have visited Kashi and other places. What should I do when they come back home? Is there any puja, homam or some other thing that is to be done. Can somebody help me? Thanks

Dear Sri PSV Ramanan,

Self and family members have planned to visit Kashi and other connected places from 24th instant to 30th. I have a relative, Mr. M. Subramanian, GM, SIDBI in Lucknow and he had made some arrangements with his contacts and referred us the name of Chandramouli Sastrigal and his Son-in-Law, Sri Babu. Since this was done before knowing your contact details, I do not wish to deviate.

However, since we have the common l.ink from this site, I would be happy to receive any guideline which you can give without any prejudice. Moreover, I would also like to meet you for any future references that can be given to some of my friends and relatives.

With regards,

Nurani Ramaiyer Venkatachalam.

Dear Sri PSVRamanan,

This is further to my message sent today. Please provide me your contact details, so that I can get in touch with you while in Kashi.

NRV

I feel there is nothing wrong in keeping pictures of our parents who are nomore in the pooja room.MATHA ,PITHA GURU DEIVAM. Your first god is ur mother and father.

You may go to Rameswaram first and then to Kasi. Because when you return from Kasi, you have to bring Ganga water and perform abishekam at Rameswaram. Then your pilgrimage is complete.

In Kashi, you have all facilities. Don't hestitate to bargain at all. If you go to Hanuman Ghat and ask for Shankar Mutt, anyone will tell you. Please talk to them for guidance. They will ask Rs.25000. You should say that you can only spend Rs.10,000. Because if you don't bargain, you will get cheated.

You have to do srardham in Gaya and take bath in Allahabad, Triveni sangam also.

In Gaya, outside of "vata vruksham", thousands of beggars were there. I ordered poori and sabji for all of them and only this gave me a visible satisfaction.

Good luck in your trip.

Chandrasekar

good advice pkcshekar.

i paid lumpsum 50,000 ruppees in 2000 to a ganapaadigal.

he ate the whole money. the dhaanams were recycled right in front of me. the recepients returned it to the wife, who was standing nearby.

they did not even have the courtesy to wrap them afresh, so shopworn were the wrappings.

i have come not to believe in material dhaanams, because they are useless - how many saris, veshtis, uthranis etc. that one can use?

give them cash, i say. cash feeds a hungry stomach. others do not.
in madras, my parents' generation, even while indulging in these types of dhanams, used to joke that the brahmins used to take these straight back to the shops and return them for discounted cash (!)

why is it, we, who are so smart in our professional lifechoices, behave so !!!! could we not move our mindset to be of practical help to our brethren?

I think you have done it from the sasthrigal living opposite to Sankara mutt in Kasi. They just rotate. This is our religion. We have to do it in any case. But keeping apart respect, we have to treat them like a service provider. Then we can manage to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back