Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kashi Yatra

Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kashi Yatra

Dear Friends,

My hearty Greeting to you all. This is my first posting.

I have planned to have my first trip to Allahabad, Kashi & Gaya. Since both my parents have attained the lotus feet, I would like to perform all rituals and kriyas. I will be happy to learn the same with details. There is a suggestion from some of my relatives that we should first visit Rameshwaram and do the rituals there and then only should go Kashi. Again after visiting Kashi, we have to once again go to Rameshwaram. I want to know the sequence of the rituals that are to be performed.

With best wishes,
    NRV
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In case of any travel tips I can be of helpful to you.. You may even add Haridwar & Rishikesh, which will make a tringular trip..
    Last edited by sapr333; 17-07-2009 at 07:28 AM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

kashi yatra

Hello every body
    this is i query for kashi yatra.
    As you said the kashi yatra and gaya shradham starts from ramaswaram.. first the eldest son along with all other brothers and their wifes if married goes to rameswaram and perform rituals and poojas and take holy sand from ramaswaram from the ocean. with the sand go to allahabad. perfrom poojas and go to triveni sangamam. this sand is put in triveni sagamam and at the triveni ie the ganga,yamuna, and saraswathi there are poojas (it is in the center of water and perfromed in boat). taking holy water ganga from thriveni sangamam proceed to kashi. in kashi there are various poojas to be perfromed in namels 6 ghats( there are 64 to be perfromed) that also in the river and poojas will be conducted in the boat. from their to gaya. there perfrom the shradham to the parents.there is also poojas to be performed in phalguni nadi, vishnu pad and akshya vadam. the right time is feb to april. note all your ancestores names including grandfathers father and mother and wifes ancesteors also. hope some information you get, for more details check with some kashi temple sites. or in tamilnadu temples sites.
    thank you
    shankarkrishna
    Quote Originally Posted by enaarvee View Post
    Dear Friends,

My hearty Greeting to you all. This is my first posting.

I have planned to have my first trip to Allahabad, Kashi & Gaya. Since both my parents have attained the lotus feet, I would like to perform all rituals and kriyas. I will be happy to learn the same with details. There is a suggestion from some of my relatives that we should first visit Rameshwaram and do the rituals there and then only should go Kashi. Again after visiting Kashi, we have to once again go to Rameshwaram. I want to know the sequence of the rituals that are to be performed.

With best wishes,
    NRV
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Shri Shankar Krishna. I am greatly obliged.

NRV
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear NRV

I would like to know the following details of placing gods vigraham and photos in pooja room.

1, can photos of grandfathers or parents who are not alive be placed along with gods.
    2, can photos of guru named sankararacharya or ramana maharshi or others can be placed along with other gods and have daily pooja and naivadyam , deeparadhanai etc.
    3, whether guru photo has to be placed separately in peedam and conduct separate guru pooja.
    4, photos of male gods and females gods in which direction east, west or north.

Please give your valuable advice.

Thank you.

Shankar Krishna
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pooja Room

Shri Shankar Krishna,

Though I am not an authority to suggest on this subject, I can share the information I had gathered from my house Vadhyar (late: Shri Sundara Vadhyar of Nurani Village, Palakkad) and my wife, who is very devoted in various poojas. Whenever you get any other authentic suggestion from knowledgeable person, you may feel free to adopt it.

1. Late Parents/Grand Parents photos should not be kept in Pooja Room, but can be hung in a separate hall facing North and you can do the Namaskarams towards South.

2. Gurus are our known Gods, who lived in our own forms and can be kept alongwith all other photos of Gods.

3. If you like to do Guru Pooja separately, it would be better to have an Idol over a Peedam instead of Photo.

4. Generally Photos facing east is preferred. West is also acceptable. However Photos of Gods, which depicts Ugram like KAALI, Narasimha, Siva in Udra Thandavam etc. are to placed on the norther wall facing south. Ayyappan, Palani Andvar, Hanuman also can be hung or the northern wall, so that you can have special poojas for them when occassion arises.

Hope the information will be useful to you.

Regards,

NRV
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    In case you require any help in Kashi,my co-brother is the resident of holy city of kashi for more than 3 decades he can arrange for Vadhyar etc.In case you need his full details please revert.

Thanks,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh Krishnamoorthy View Post
    Hello,
    In case you require any help in Kashi,my co-brother is the resident of holy city of kashi for more than 3 decades he can arrange for Vadhyar etc.In case you need his full details please revert.

Thanks,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy
    Dear Ramesh Krishnamoorthy,

Thank you for your response. Please give me his contact details and I shall get in touch with him. For your information, I am already in contact with few persons there based on the feed back received from my relatives and I would like to explore all possibilities of saving on expenditure to the maximum extend possible.

regards,
    NRV
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nrv,

i have written elsewhere re my experiences in kasi. i do not wish to regurugitate those again.

my only caution, is that if you feel strongly about dhaanams going to the right folks, try to negotiate this (i don't know how) before contracting out to the ganapaadigals.

i gave 50,000 ruppees lumpsum in 2000 to one priest. all the money went to him. the people who received dhaanams, got nothing, as right in front of my eyes, they returned the gifts.

personally, i think, cash dispensations as dhaanams will be better utilized, than the veshtis, podavais and brass vessels.

hope you don't mind my input.

thank you.
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Level
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Dear Nrv,

His name is Mr.P.S.Venkataramanan his mail id is psv_ramanan47@rediffmail.com,you can write to him quoting my name from Mumbai.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy

Quote Originally Posted by enaarvee View Post
    Dear Ramesh Krishnamoorthy,

Thank you for your response. Please give me his contact details and I shall get in touch with him. For your information, I am already in contact with few persons there based on the feed back received from my relatives and I would like to explore all possibilities of saving on expenditure to the maximum extend possible.

regards,
    NRV
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast