• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Online Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us in online sites have become compulsive posters.In fact we are addicted to it.

we feel happy with people online who agree with our post and hit likes and on whose posts we also reciprocate

It is wonderful to live in this world where we find people in large numbers agree with us. the negative part

being our prejudices get reinforced.and it also gets boring after sometime

what about those we do not agree on and hit dislike.In my honest opinion , we should value them equally as they

tell us what we do not like to hear about ourselves. If we engage them we learn the opposing point of view

which might be correct after all . these dissenters I find many times are minehouses of information. They are also

challenges to our intellects. I keep engaging these types with the hope that I might find a contradiction to

reinforce my beliefs .

I have evolved as a person posting here and am ready to counter anyone in day to day life learning to cope

with a large number of wise people who think totally differently from me

what do think ?

Last edited:
Sorry to say this, Krish Sir!

But at times, I feel that we are never tired of 'arachcha mAvu' subjects! :lol:

Dear Krish ji,

Its fun to have different types of opinions and it sharpens our intellect and speed of thinking in order for us to answer.

Sometimes when someone has a opposing view and to prove our point if we want to disagree with him/her..at times one has to scan one's own mind as quick as possible for a reply.

For example if I want to prove a point using a Bhagavad Geeta verse as a supporting verse in my reply..I have to think fast and scan my brain for all what I have read before and then type.

So I feel an opposing view of any kind is healthy for the mind as it improves our knowledge too.

At times a person with an opposing view too might supply some new information which I might not have known before.

So we all gain directly and indirectly but sadly many just want "fans" and do not appreciate their "foes".

do you find this subject arachha maavu? RRJi

what do you think of new privacy laws of facebook.?

one might lose private info regarding financial info ,job hunting details, hospitalisation details,your location

whereabouts, your friends and these anyone can get their hands on thru online sites. our privacy can get violated.

thiese I read about today. would this be aracha mavu.?

Hi Renuka,

No one is objecting to opposing views & a vigorous debate. But no one will appreciate those who indulge in name calling, mocking the faithful, mocking the religion, etc… & most importantly mentally sick fellows like the NRI pervert calling the others names, mocking the members, derailing the discussions, & bring negative energy into the discussions… LOL !!

Cheers,

Last edited:
I did not mean this thread, Krish Sir!

I meant some other threads which always lead to the discussion about marriages and divorces!

And all of us DO write many posts in each of those threads. :)

Dear Renu,

Online friends are good because they will not ask for any loan!

Online foes are also good because they can never attack us in person! :cool:

Dear Krish ji,

Its fun to have different types of opinions and it sharpens our intellect and speed of thinking in order for us to answer.

Sometimes when someone has a opposing view and to prove our point if we want to disagree with him/her..at times one has to scan one's own mind as quick as possible for a reply.

For example if I want to prove a point using a Bhagavad Geeta verse as a supporting verse in my reply..I have to think fast and scan my brain for all what I have read before and then type.

So I feel an opposing view of any kind is healthy for the mind as it improves our knowledge too.

At times a person with an opposing view too might supply some new information which I might not have known before.

So we all gain directly and indirectly but sadly many just want "fans" and do not appreciate their "foes".
yesterday,I had an interesting discussion with a veteran with a totally different point of view from mine.

we discussed .disagreed and parted as good friends appreciating each other.

I learnt a lot.

It is challenging to come across such persons in this forum.

I did not mean this thread, Krish Sir!

I meant some other threads which always lead to the discussion about marriages and divorces!

And all of us DO write many posts in each of those threads. :)

I am interested in marriage posts as every year I try to settle marriages at least two or three from my or extended

family.

divorces are of interest as I would like to know what could happen in case my judgement goes bad ending in break ups.

Hi Renuka,

No one is objecting to opposing views & a vigorous debate. But no one will appreciate those who indulge in name calling, mocking the faithful, mocking the religion, etc… & most importantly mentally sick fellows like the NRI pervert calling the others names, mocking the members, derailing the discussions, & bring negative energy into the discussions… LOL !!

Cheers,

Dear JK,

I dont mind any type of members even the name calling ones!LOL

You see no one is actually "mentally sick" just becos they have different views or even indulge in name calling.

I myself have been called all sorts of names by some but its just fun reading it..sometimes I cant help laughing when I read such posts cos I start to think "wow I must be evolving into some creature who can get on some people's nerves"..It makes you feel like Mafia Don!LOL It's nice to identify with our "evil' side too!

BTW JK..I have hardly agreed with most of your posts ..just once in a while I have agreed with your posts but still I like interacting with you.

As we age we become more relaxed and just start viewing the world thru different lenses.

There is too much suffering in the world for us to get all riled up for some online exchange of opinions.

BTW Energy is neither positive or negative...Energy is Energy and we feel "positive" or "negative" depending on how we personalize it.

yesterday,I had an interesting discussion with a veteran with a totally different point of view from mine.

we discussed .disagreed and parted as good friends appreciating each other.

I learnt a lot.

It is challenging to come across such persons in this forum.

I think I wrote that you both are made for each other!LOL

Hi Renuka,

Let me explain.

Most people are generally positive & they interact with others with a positive mindset. They engage in normal conversations, argue back & forth, agree to disagree, they may/will get angry, fight back but that is momentary & they move on in life.

On the other hand, few people are fundamentally negative; they interact with others with a negative mindset. They are always negative in their outlook, 24/7 get up in the morn with the thought of bad mouthing other people, they spew hatred on the internet, they will come uninvited & always poke others when they are having a normal conversation & start a fight. They revel in fighting, calling others names, poke them till they get angry,& bring a lot of sick negative energy into everyone’s lives.. LOL !!

Such people are mentally sick perverts, they are filled with hatred, anger, negative energy & you will see them with all kinds of problems in life!!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Such people are mentally sick perverts, they are filled with hatred, anger, negative energy & you will see them with all kinds of problems in life!!

Cheers,

Dear JK,

These are extremely 'harsh' words to be used on anyone without a proper psychological assessment.

Unless someone has been certified to have a psychological disorder we cant brand anyone who might have differing views.

I have noted a tendency of some here who use such words too frequently in forum to project a Holier than Thou image.

What I am always amused is how some are so confident that they are indeed Holy or Holier or Holiest?

That way I can also speculate that its mere "delusion" even though I might not have enough evidence to do so.

That is why I prefer not to take anyone too seriously..its just a virtual world online and nothing more.

Jaykay ..you say the so called mentally sick perverts exude negative energy,hatred,anger and blah blah blah..but have you realized that your responses and replies too are moving into that direction?

Yad Bhavam Tad Bhavati...You become what you think.

If we start to get worked up with others..we indirectly contemplate on them and their behaviour and they start to "live" in our mind and we invariably become them.

That is why its very important never to be judgmental and just be like a bird that sits on a fence that just watches the show on both sides and occasionally coos its opinion.

We are entitled to our opinion but not to the fruits of the outcome of the debate.

Last edited:
Dear JK,

These are extremely 'harsh' words to be used on anyone without a proper psychological assessment.

Unless someone has been certified to have a psychological disorder we cant brand anyone who might have differing views.

I have noted a tendency of some here who use such words too frequently in forum to project a Holier than Thou image.

What I am always amused is how some are so confident that they are indeed Holy or Holier or Holiest?

That way I can also speculate that its mere "delusion" even though I might not have enough evidence to do so.

That is why I prefer not to take anyone too seriously..its just a virtual world online and nothing more.

Jaykay ..you say the so called mentally sick perverts exude negative energy,hatred,anger and blah blah blah..but have you realized that your responses and reply too are moving into that direction?

Yad Bhavam Tad Bhavati...You become what you think.

If we start to get worked up with others..we indirectly contemplate on them and their behaviour and they start to "live" in our mind and we invariably become them.

That is why its very important never to be judgmental and just be like a bird that sits on a fence that just watches the show on both sides and occasionally coos its opinion.

We are entitled to our opinion but not to the fruits of the outcome of the debate.
a very mataji like post.

lot of us need to introspect and change if possible

Hi Renuka,

Truth is always bitter isn’t it?!. why would someone spend all their time on the internet forums & spout such negative stuff, poke someone deliberately & start a fight ?

It is not normal & is a mental disorder?? What else ? wow, why would someone spend all their time spreading negative energy???????

Of course my reaction is strong like everyone else. for the record, I have never ever started a fight, you can check all my previous posts.... Who in this forum has not reacted strongly when they are “name called” except of course you, since you are super normal & has already found God !! LOL !

Why don’t you stop someone on the road, bad mouth them & see the reaction? LOL!!

I understand you are a Mataji, but most people in this world & in this forum are “normal” neither “super normal” like you or “mentally sick” like the negative people … LOL !!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi Renuka,

You know my political views, I do not support the current Govt, support AAP more, but do you see me bad mouthing them & trying to pick a fight here?

If the current govt despite all the contradictions can deliver on the governance, millions will be benefited. If something positive comes out of all this, why not?

This is what most normal “positive people” will do….

Cheers,

Hi Renuka JI,

Millions came out on delhi streets protesting against the gang rapists after the Nirbhaya incident. They lashed out at the rapists for days on end & rightly so.

Now, what would you call the millions of people who lashed out at the rapists – normal people outraged by such an incident OR ? And what would you call the rapists? – mentally sick people OR ?

Cheers,

Of course my reaction is strong like everyone else. for the record, I have never ever started a fight, you can check all my previous posts.... Who in this forum has not reacted strongly when they are “name called” except of course you, since you are super normal & has already found God !! LOL !

Why don’t you stop someone on the road, bad mouth them & see the reaction? LOL!!

I understand you are a Mataji, but most people in this world & in this forum are “normal” neither “super normal” like you or “mentally sick” like the negative people … LOL !!

Cheers,

Dear JK,

I am not really a Mataji...I am very human like anyone else.

But so happen what I write is at times translated by other members to be Mataji like!LOL

I am sure you know I can write any type of post ranging from Sanskrit,Religion and utter nonsense too!

So I am no hard core Mataji.

BTW coming to stopping someone in the road and bad mouthing them that is totally illegal cos there is no reason to abuse someone who has not harmed me in anyway.

But here in forum we all interact with each other and present our views..so even though we do not really "know" each other in real life but we sort of "know" each others opinions here.

I guess some disagree with each other and voice out their opinion in words that might not be to our liking but the name of the game is to be diplomatically polite but yet able to get our message across.

I have "identified" a few members who totally dislike what I write and fiercely oppose my views and also indirectly indulge in name calling at times even accusations for "crimes' I did not commit but its no big deal for me.

Not becos I am a Mataji but becos as I said its fun to watch others react too ... we get to understand the human psychology better and understand the insecurities of others too.

You would be surprised to know that mostly those who are over the top 'confident' are actually very insecure?

So I feel Forum give everyone a chance to evolve in thought and expression.

I am sure even my style of writing and understanding has undergone change since I first joined here.

We have to open minded enough for introspection from time to time..that is how we learn to improve in life.

Life is all about interaction of many kinds..we need every type of person around us to make life interesting.

I am not asking you to not react when anyone calls you names etc..you can react but there is no need to lash out..we can always choose words that can sedate others.

May be many years of being in a job where I have to be diplomatic has made me an expert in dealing with difficult people.

I have realized the losing one's temper does not improve a situation..so one needs to think of strategies to get around difficult situations.

In fact difficult people are the best teachers cos they teach us NOT to be like them.

Lastly life is game..play it so well that you will even have your opponents begging for more.

Last edited:
Hi Renuka JI,

Millions came out on delhi streets protesting against the gang rapists after the Nirbhaya incident. They lashed out at the rapists for days on end & rightly so.

Now, what would you call the millions of people who lashed out at the rapists – normal people outraged by such an incident OR ? And what would you call the rapists? – mentally sick people OR ?

Cheers,

Dear JK,

As far as I know no one in Forum got "raped" by another member so the comparison is not entirely accurate.

This is what most normal “positive people” will do….

Cheers,

Dear JK,

I do not believe in grading people into positive and negative.

Each one of us reacts to any situation depending on extrinsic and intrinsic circumstances.

No one is "fixed and frozen" to be perfect.

For me I feel perfection only exists in the morgue..only then one is "fixed and frozen".

life is a game ... play it so well that opponents beg for more.

a wise post.

many require counselling to soften and understand an opposing point of view without lashing out and treating others

with a different opinion as enemies.

this forum is unique. it has collected a wide variety of people with differing views and vulnerabilities perhaps because

of age.

one tends to be more careful in expression of views over time so as not to invite violent reactions some are prone to.

it tends to dilute the vehemance and firmness in expression.

Name calling is not an opposing point of view. Those who deliberately start name calling others are the ones who are mentally sick & need immediate mental counseling & hospitalization!

LOL !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back